Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How does one obtain a list of their Plex "Friends" e-mail addresses?

morrison22morrison22 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have a lot of Shared Libraries and "Friends" connected to my PMS.  Is there a way to get a list of all my Friends email addresses in PMS without having to go into each friend individually to see it?

Comments

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,467 Plex Team Member

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• morrison22morrison22 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

Thanks.  I can see that loads an xml page with lots of informatio. Do you know can I extract all the emails from that page to a text file easily?

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,467 Plex Team Member

I don't know if there is an already 3rd Party plugin to extract that information - but I would just do a select all and copy to a text file in Notepad or Notepad++ and save as text file. 

The way I would extract the information is to open the text file in excel and then use formulas to try and obtain the specific info i want to extract and copy that extracted info (columns) into another text file.

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• pjrezaipjrezai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

When > @sa2000 said:

When I go to https://plex.tv/api/users/ is says "Please Sign in" . but i am already signed in.... Don't know what to do :(

• gurubillgurubill Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I also needed to dump all my plex users email addresses into a contact group for a mass mail. Thanks @sa2000 for getting me on the right track. First you need to obtain your Plex token, or else you will get the "Please Sign In" message. Read this if you don't have your token already.

Here is the command I used on my linux box to spit out the format I needed for pasting into a contact group. Don't forget to replace {YOUR-PLEX-TOKEN} with your token. It will output all users to a text file in the (gmail supported) format:

username <user-email@domain.com>,

with a comma at the end of each line except the last.

curl -k --silent "https://plex.tv/api/users/?X-Plex-Token={YOUR-PLEX-TOKEN}" | awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i~/^username=/){printf $i}}} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i~/^email=/){print $i}}}' | sed 's/\"//g' | sed 's/username=//g' | sed 's/email=/ </g' | sed 's/$/>,/' | head -c-2 >> plex-emails.txt

Hope this helps!

• tritiantritian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass
    edited June 8

Got my Plex Token, inserted it into this command and got this:
    head: illegal byte count -- -2

It created a blank file. I can browse to the api with the token and see my xml of users though