Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Star Wars - Episode 3.1 (Turn to the Dark Side)

SixStringSamuraiSixStringSamurai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hey all, 

I'm new to the forums. I just started using PLEX a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. 

Anyway, one movie in my collection that I had a hard time importing, because it's a fan edit, is Star Wars 3.1 - Turn to the Dark Side. For those unaware, a fan edited all three prequel movies in to one two hour and 47 minute movie, based on the mysterious/notorious/rare Topher Grace edit. You can read more about it here:

http://kotaku.com/someone-edited-star-wars-episodes-i-iii-into-one-bette-1573980743

Today I set about creating some custom artwork to import it in to my library. This is what the finished product looks like:

Turn to the Dark Side screen capture.JPG

For anyone else that may happen to have this in their library, I thought I'd share my files here. Feel free to use them! 

I photoshopped one of the alternate episode III posters for the movie poster:

Turn to the Dark Side.jpg

Then I found a cool picture someone had painted from the dual on mustafar for the background:

LightsaberCSWE.jpg

Finally, for the description, I found this apt description on Letterboxd and cut and pasted into the summary:

"A reimagining of the Star Wars prequel trilogy edited into a single compelling movie, based on the structure conceived by actor Topher Grace. As a critique of episodes 1-3, many large plot pieces have been removed or changed to strengthen the core relationship between Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala. More than 100 video and audio edits heighten the main character’s tragic fall from grace."

If anyone has this in their library I'd be curious to see what customizations you made, (if any) to import it in to your library.

May the force be with you. 

Comments

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja
    edited April 8

Cool, maybe you can upload your artwork and descriptions to www.themoviedb.org so all Plex users can download the metadata!  :)

And welcome to the forums! :smile:

• SixStringSamuraiSixStringSamurai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    aeonx wrote on February 25 2015, 5:16 PM: »

Cool, maybe you can upload your artwork and description to www.themoviedb.org so all Plex users can download the metadata!  :)

And welcome!

I think I'll do that! Thanks for the tip! 

edited April 8

That edited version is hard to find.

• johnson.patrickwjohnson.patrickw Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass
    aeonx wrote on March 5 2015, 12:35 PM: »

That edited version is very elusive.

This very much indeed.  The 85 minute Grace edit seems to be unavailable in digital form.

However I came across a few edits that others may be interested in that were supossed to be based on the same structure:

A Last Hope - 129 minutes

Turn to the Dark Side - 167 minutes

The Last Turn to the Dark Side - 162 minutes, this is some combination of the previous two

• Peter GrayPeter Gray Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

Great work, SixStringSamurai! I was just adding this title to my collection. :)

edited April 2016

Is the new Star Wars movie The Force Awakens going to be part of that reedited canon?

• TappistRTTappistRT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass
    edited August 2016

Thanks for your post! I essentially copied all of your metadata, and I think I found the same poster on a google image search before I found this thread.

I originally used this picture for my background, since this is a combination of Episodes 1-3. Make sure to link out to get the nice full-size, pretty high-res image.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J6LGHmOs6gY/Tm6nMCx_PUI/AAAAAAAAAN8/dT1Zu5-4l5Y/s1600/star_wars_episodes_1_3_olly-moss-style-by_zenithuk.jpeg

Cheers!

edited April 8

@TappistRT said:
    Thanks for your post! I essentially copied all of your metadata, and I think I found the same poster on a google image search before I found this thread.

I originally used this picture for my background, since this is a combination of Episodes 1-3. Make sure to link out to get the nice full-size, pretty high-res image.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J6LGHmOs6gY/Tm6nMCx_PUI/AAAAAAAAAN8/dT1Zu5-4l5Y/s1600/star_wars_episodes_1_3_olly-moss-style-by_zenithuk.jpeg

Cheers!

Cool! Are these posters done by Olly Moss?