If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex overscans on PS4

davidmooredavidmoore Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is anyone else having this issue? I have attempted to adjust the 'display area' in the PS4 settings and that hasn't done anything. All other games and apps don't have this issue. I have the same issue on my TV as I do on my computer monitor (HDMI on both). This happens in the menu as well as when playing video.

Comments

• m1e1w1m1e1w1 Posts: 363Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 also tried to adjust screen display area. i am unable to fit the application into my 1920x1080 display. I have not seen an option to adjust this in the plex app yet ether, maybe a planed feature for later.

Synology DS1511+ 5x4TB + DX513 5x4TB + DX513 5x4TB (For content) + 4TB External (For PMS Library)

Dedicated Win 10 64bit PMS - 16GB RAM - intel i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz (PMS App)
    2 Roku 2 XS, 3 Roku 2 XD, 2 Roku 3, 4 Chromecast
    11 Android Devices, 5 IDevices
    Using browsers - Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer

130mb Down / 4mb Up

• davidmooredavidmoore Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

So, I feel like an idiot, but I'll put my resolution to my problem. My TV display settings, Horizontal and Vertical, had to be adjusted. I guess that this entire time I've had portions of my screen cut off, but haven't noticed it with any other games or applications or when I have my HTPC connected. 

m1e1w1 wrote on March 7 2015, 9:48 AM: »

That's a great fix, glad it worked out for you. I however do not have any areas cut off on my TV, and still see it only in the PS4 app. My LG official plex app does not cut off part of the screen, nor doses plex/web or plex home theater. I did try and adjust the screen area with the PS4, but it did not seem to help with the plex app.

EDIT: Well, I use the same HDMI input for my HTPC and my PS4. When I reconnected my HTPC to that HDMI the screen was underscanned on the TV and I had to readjust back to normal. So I guess I still have the same problem. I would probably fix the issue if I used two different HDMI inputs, but I use the same because I use a home theater receiver.

• m1e1w1m1e1w1 Posts: 363Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's a great fix, glad it worked out for you. I however do not have any areas cut off on my TV, and still see it only in the PS4 app. My LG official plex app does not cut off part of the screen, nor doses plex/web or plex home theater. I did try and adjust the screen area with the PS4, but it did not seem to help with the plex app.

Synology DS1511+ 5x4TB + DX513 5x4TB + DX513 5x4TB (For content) + 4TB External (For PMS Library)

Dedicated Win 10 64bit PMS - 16GB RAM - intel i7 3770K @ 4.2Ghz (PMS App)
    2 Roku 2 XS, 3 Roku 2 XD, 2 Roku 3, 4 Chromecast
    11 Android Devices, 5 IDevices
    Using browsers - Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer

130mb Down / 4mb Up

• davidmooredavidmoore Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I edited my previous comment, but this is still technically an issue as I don't feel like I should have to adjust my screen size on my TV just to use a single app on the PS4.

• bal3wolfbal3wolf Posts: 153Members ✭✭

I wonder if this is same issue i see on some shows/movies a green bar at right of the screen i only really notice if i look for it.

I7 6800k@4.2Ghz 32Gigs@3200Mhz GTX 1080@2100/5600 3x 500Gig SSD Raid 0 (GAMING PC) Xeon X5675@4400Mhz 18Gigs@1680Mhz RX480 9TB In Hard drives (PLEX SERVER)
  • ggoldfingerdggoldfingerd Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to bump this thread. I believe the Plex app for PS4 should follow the Display Area Settings found under Settings -> Sound and Screen. The left and right part of the GUI is cut off on my TV. This would also include the video being played. I can live with the video being slightly cut off, but not the GUI. I can barely see the home ICON. I cannot see the times displayed on the left and right lower portion of the GUI. My TV doesn't have any option to adjust video scaling. It is an early HDTV.

• Stewie GriffinStewie Griffin Posts: 234Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've linked to some test cards and a test clip in this post, I'm having the opposite trouble where the PS3 app is displaying things just a little bit too small

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/180085/pixel-ratio-not-quite-correct-on-ps3-app

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,373Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I would like to bump this thread. I believe the Plex app for PS4 should follow the Display Area Settings found under Settings -> Sound and Screen

We'll file an issue for Sony to support this. It's a reasonable ask.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• hetbeesthetbeest Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nothing yet? I have the same issue, too, on a PS4 and a HD Ready TV.