Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TvplexendChannel.bundle - A Tvheadend Channel Plugin for PLEX Media Server

pgaubatzpgaubatz Members Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hi,

I just wanted to make you aware, that I've published TvplexendChannel.bundle, a Tvheadend Channel Plugin for the PLEX Media Server, on Github!

It makes Tvheadend's channel list available as live streams in Plex Media Server.

Please report any issues/bugs and feature request on Github's Issue Tracker!

I'd be happy to hear from you!

Cheers,

Patrick

Tagged:

Comments

• thefeldonsthefeldons Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

This doesn't work for me; I get a message 'There was a problem playing this item', then a message 'Skipping in 5 seconds...' that counts down to then appears to move on to the next channel loop.

Brett

• Jeroen I.Jeroen I. Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

Seems to work fine here! I'm using it together with the TvplexendAgent.bundle for recordings. It's looking really good! 

Would it be possible to make an option to directly start playing the channel from the channel list? There's an intermediate screen now that does not provide any extra information that's not already in the channel list. 

• Jeroen I.Jeroen I. Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

There seems to be a small issue with the EPG. In the channel list for some channels the next program is displayed instead of the current one (resulting in a negative relative progress). The tvheadend-ng channel displays the correct one so it's probably not a tvheadend issue. 

• thefeldonsthefeldons Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    Apologies for the editing stuff-up earlier: while unclearly worded, it's still the case that it doesn't work for me. That report was about the web interface; on Plex for android I get a dialogue saying "Can't play this video" after the pre-play screen. On Plex for iOS I get a dialogue saying "The operation could not be completed" "An unknown error occurred (-12880)".

Any ideas?

Brett
  • mtharpmtharp Members Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

This may be a stupid question, and I apologize if it is, but what exactly do we put for the required url under the Tvheadend Settings?

• timarthurleetimarthurlee Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

I'm having an issue with this plugin. When attempting to save the settings including the url (localhost:9981) and the username and password, I receive the following error: "There was a problem saving these settings.". The settings appear to have been saved anyways though.

Thanks,

• Dean ParryDean Parry Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass
    timarthurlee wrote on March 29 2015, 2:18 AM: »

I'm having an issue with this plugin. When attempting to save the settings including the url (localhost:9981) and the username and password, I receive the following error: "There was a problem saving these settings.". The settings appear to have been saved anyways though.

Thanks,

exactly the same issue

• pgaubatzpgaubatz Members Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hi there,

I've just updated the README of this extension in the repository (https://github.com/pgaubatz/TvplexendChannel.bundle).

More precisely, I've explained that you must specify the URL of the Tvheadend Web interface (e.g., http://localhost:9981/) added I've also added a "Troubleshooting" section.

Please let me know if that helps you.

TL;DR: You have to provide a valid URL. localhost:9981 is not a valid URL, but http://localhost:9981/ is! 

Cheers,

Patrick

• andykjonesandykjones Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hi, I'm having trouble getting it working. I'm getting an authentication error.

When I run a wireshark trace, I can see that the plugin sends a SYN, gets an ACK, and then is going straight to a GET //api/channell/grid........... without ever trying to pass authentication credentials first

TVheadend then of cause just says unauthorized

Any idea why that might be?

Hi andykjones,

can you update to the latest version of the plugin and test again? I've just push a small commit that is supposed to fix HTTP authentication...

Cheers,

Patrick

• andykjonesandykjones Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Thanks Paul

I won't be in a position to test for another week, but will let you know how it goes then.

Cheers

Andrew

• 7moonjanx77moonjanx7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 69 Plex Pass

I have a user setup in tvheadend that has a transcoding profile, however it doesnt seem to transcode channels as the plex android client doesnt play any channels.

• ebikeebike Members, Plex Pass Posts: 234 Plex Pass
    edited May 2015

Hi Guys,

I have installed this channel, but cannot get it to work.

I have compiled/installed the latest tvheadend from git, and run it with "tvheadend -C" from the command line as I don't know what to put for user/group.

When I try connecting to it with the channel, it just returns an error. Do I have to fully setup tvheadend with my DVB tuner before it will connect? Or do I have to give tvheadend a username password?

(tvheadend -C, means I can connect without username/password) I can connect fine to localhost:9981 in a web page.

Thanks,

PS: I am running tvheadend and the Plex server on an ODROID-XU3 arm7 device.

Plex Media Server: 1.7.4 on FreeNAS-11 16G ECC RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3*2TB RaidZ1
    Client1: Odroid-XU3 running ArchLinuxARM and Kodi with plexbmc plugin.(Will be changed to PMP eventually)
    Client2: Sony laptop (Core2 Duo) running Arch and Plex Media Player (git version compiled on laptop)
    Client3: Nvidia Shield 2017 running Android TV Plex app .. my main lounge TV client.

• lazyboneslazybones Members, Plex Pass Posts: 871 Plex Pass

How is this tvheadend channel different from this one https://forums.plex.tv/topic/95345-tv-headend-next-generation/ ?

lazybones wrote on May 15 2015, 4:36 AM: »

How is this tvheadend channel different from this one https://forums.plex.tv/topic/95345-tv-headend-next-generation/ ?

Hi lazybones,

as tvheadend-ng did not work for me and after looking at the source code I decided that a complete rewrite is needed... :)

Currently, my plugin has 165 lines of code, while tvheadend-ng has 362.

From a user's point of view the biggest difference is probably that my plugin directly brings you to the channel list.

This means that streaming can be started with only two clicks (actually three, if you count the initial click on the channel click).

Cheers,

Patrick

ebike wrote on May 12 2015, 7:09 PM: »

Hi Guys,

I have installed this channel, but cannot get it to work.

I have compiled/installed the latest tvheadend from git, and run it with "tvheadend -C" from the command line as I don't know what to put for user/group.

When I try connecting to it with the channel, it just returns an error. Do I have to fully setup tvheadend with my DVB tuner before it will connect? Or do I have to give tvheadend a username password?

(tvheadend -C, means I can connect without username/password) I can connect fine to localhost:9981 in a web page.

Thanks,

PS: I am running tvheadend and the Plex server on an ODROID-XU3 arm7 device.

Hi ebike,

are you sure that you've configured/installed tvheadend correctly?

Streaming works with any other client (e.g. XBMC, VLC, ...)?

Cheers,

Patrick

edited May 2015

Hi,

Yes, tvheadend works fine with XBMC/Kodi and also the tvheadend-ng plugin for plex (well the channels show, but videos play fast)

I still get an authentication error ..... and I have git cloned the latest version ..

Plex Media Server: 1.7.4 on FreeNAS-11 16G ECC RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3*2TB RaidZ1
    Client1: Odroid-XU3 running ArchLinuxARM and Kodi with plexbmc plugin.(Will be changed to PMP eventually)
    Client2: Sony laptop (Core2 Duo) running Arch and Plex Media Player (git version compiled on laptop)
    Client3: Nvidia Shield 2017 running Android TV Plex app .. my main lounge TV client.

Hi ebike,

hmm... that's really strange.

Can you verify that running:

curl -u username:password http://localhost:9981/api/serverinfo

... returns something like this:

{"sw_version": "4.1-68~g8e733a2","api_version": 15,"name": "Tvheadend","webroot": "/","capabilities": ["caclient","tvadapters","satip_client","satip_server","trace"]}

Cheers,

Patrick

edited May 2015

Hi Patrick,

I get:

{"sw_version": "4.1-31~g86ef485","api_version": 15,"name": "Tvheadend","capabilities": ["caclient","tvadapters","satip_client","satip_server","imagecache","trace"]}

I am using the latest git checkout of tvheadend.

Bernie

Hi Patrick,

With the latest git pull I now have channels displayed correctly. Thanks for the fix.

However, I still have issues ....

1. On the web client SD channel content plays fast, the pauses, plays fast and repeats .... HD channels don't play at all.

2. On Android client, nothing plays .. "Can't play this Video"

3. On PHT all, channels refuse to load ..