If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature request: 360 photos

mrsimonmrsimon Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is waaaay off in the future... but since the idea has come to mind, I might as well get this jotted down.

I'd love to see support for 360 panoramic photos, taken using applications like 'Google Photo Sphere'.

Niche today, the use case I have in mind is in the near future.

Ultimately, when my mother owns a mobile VR headset in the next 5 years, I'd love to be able to share these photo spheres with her, in the same way I share movies and music already using Plex. Though that's my dream use case, there could potentially also be support on desktop, console and mobile.

I suppose really, I've become so reliant on Plex for video, audio and photos now, I'd like love to share any kind of content on it.

• haroldo.level@gmail.comharoldo.level@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Very needed I 360 picturs are growing and ill be agreat feature for Plex

• danildungeondanildungeon Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can we push this feature request again to official request? In "Feature Requests" or "Photo & Personal Video"? As a Gear 360 owner this would be an appreciated feature:)

• derfrankiederfrankie Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I second that - I have now hundreds of 360 Photos - would be great to support them .. and maybe even with animation in the Slideshow

• ephetersonepheterson Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What happened to this? The future is now, I have a ton of spherical photos I wish I could see in Plex!

How do we get started?

• bornlibra23bornlibra23 Posts: 83Members ✭✭

Me too. It will be a great feature.

• stepirstepir Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here also spherical videos!

• rollerduderollerdude Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A 360 photo viewer should be on the top of the list. It's insane to have to move my 360 photos to some random site or google in order to view them when my television is always on Plex.

Plex VR is an awesome app but without the ability to view the photos I have on Plex while in the VR app I have to switch back and forth between devices. If Plex VR allowed photo viewing withing the app it would be a complete system.

Please consider this request.

• avillev@gmail.comavillev@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too i really wish that feature is already here !!

• Daedalus7Daedalus7 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would be nice. Just picked up a Gear 360 on amazon for $60 !!!

• theparklandtheparkland Posts: 2Members

+1! Also got a Gear 360. I'm using YouTube atm, but the quality sucks. I haven't even found a decent site for hosting 360 photos. Does PlexVr add any native support (not that I'm going to run out and buy a Pixel just for this feature, but curious.)

• couling@gmail.comcouling@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

+1! The growing popularity. The DJI drones produce some sweet Arial 360 panoramas I'd love to have in plex.