Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post here for more information https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/319354/well-be-moving-the-forums-to-discourse-heres-the-scoop/
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexEmail - Email Recently Added Media

Comments

• eadwyneadwyn Posts: 231Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2015
    Nomadore wrote on March 13 2015, 9:25 PM: »

A more few ideas :)

1. Genre in Movie Description
    2. Filter based on Genre (Email with just new Horror Movies this week)
    3. Filter based on Content Rating (So we can have a Plex Email just for Kids)

Thank you, this is great.

Good ideas.  I'll add them to my growing list ever since I posted this to Reddit :)

Once I can get a more stable release and better instructions for all platforms, I'll start working on them.

My vision in a future release will have it configurable by individual.  Set an email, media types to show, libraries to show, filter by different tags, etc.

• zprewittzprewitt Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2015
    eadwyn wrote on March 13 2015, 9:44 PM: »

Now I feel like a dummy.  Try setting it as:

/Library/Application Support/

Also, is that for sure the correct location?  When I installed PMS, this was the location:

/Users/{User Name}/Library/Application Support/

Right, the second one is what I should have used. Updated. Do you not also include the actual PMS folder in that path?

zprewitt wrote on March 13 2015, 10:32 PM: »

Right, the second one is what I should have used. Updated. Do you not also include the actual PMS folder in that path?

The script adds it in.  I'll update the code to accept both ways to prevent issues like this in the future.  Let me know if it works for you.

eadwyn wrote on March 13 2015, 10:43 PM: »

The script adds it in.  I'll update the code to accept both ways to prevent issues like this in the future.  Let me know if it works for you.

Still getting that error. is it looking in the right place for that module?

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "plexEmail.py", line 1, in <module>
        import sqlite3
    ImportError: No module named sqlite3
    edited March 2015
    zprewitt wrote on March 13 2015, 11:15 PM: »

Still getting that error. is it looking in the right place for that module?

File "plexEmail.py", line 1, in <module>
        import sqlite3
    ImportError: No module named sqlite3

That error means that the folder is missing/wrong in /usr/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/. Ok, I've gotten it to work on Mac.  Let's try this:

Unpack this zip and move the folder to /usr/lib/python2.7/: [attachment=46199:usr_lib_python2.7_sqlite3.zip]

Unpack this zip and move the file to /usr/bin/: [attachment=46198:usr_bin_sqlite3.zip]

Nomadore wrote on March 13 2015, 8:24 PM: »

Woohoo, looks like the web and email is now working on my Unraid Server now.   

Unrelated, but is there a way to just display the latest movies and not tv seasons/episodes?

The latest release is now available: https://github.com/jakewaldron/PlexEmail/releases/tag/v0.4.2

v0.4.2 Released

New Features

• Can now set days, hours and minutes and use all fields in the search.
    • Can now filter categories
    • Ease of Use updates
  • WeeflixWeeflix Posts: 238Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    The filter categories works great! My emails only display Movies now.
    eadwyn wrote on March 13 2015, 11:25 PM: »

That error means that the folder is missing/wrong in /usr/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/. Ok, I've gotten it to work on Mac.  Let's try this:

Unpack this zip and move the folder to /usr/lib/python2.7/: attachicon.gifusr_lib_python2.7_sqlite3.zip

Unpack this zip and move the file to /usr/bin/: attachicon.gifusr_bin_sqlite3.zip

We're a little further! New error this time:

File "plexEmail.py", line 815, in <module>
        with open(config + config + os.path.sep + 'index.html', 'w') as text_file:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'plexemail/index.html'
    zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 1:16 AM: »

We're a little further! New error this time:

File "plexEmail.py", line 815, in <module>
        with open(config + config + os.path.sep + 'index.html', 'w') as text_file:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'plexemail/index.html'

Looks like a bug with not using a web server.  I've fixed it here: [attachment=46202:plexEmail.zip]

Let me know!

eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:03 AM: »

Looks like a bug with not using a web server.  I've fixed it here: attachicon.gifplexEmail.zip

Let me know!

Same error.

I tried setting 'web_enabled' to False and got this:

Web page was not created because the option is disabled in the config file.
    Failed to send email(s).

I also have Cloudinary enabled.
    zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 4:08 AM: »

Same error.

I tried setting 'web_enabled' to False and got this:

Web page was not created because the option is disabled in the config file.
    Failed to send email(s).

I also have Cloudinary enabled.

Well we are now all the way to the email portion so that is the last thing we need to figure out.  I'm guessing it is an issue with your SMTP settings.

Either send me the settings under email or try this one and give me the exception it throws: [attachment=46203:plexEmail.zip]

eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:19 AM: »

Well we are now all the way to the email portion so that is the last thing we need to figure out.  I'm guessing it is an issue with your SMTP settings.

Either send me the settings under email or try this one and give me the exception it throws: attachicon.gifplexEmail.zip

File "plexEmail.py", line 851, in <module>
        sendMail(email)
      File "plexEmail.py", line 231, in sendMail
        FROM = formataddr((str(Header(config)), config)) if ('email_from_name' in config) else config
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/email/header.py", line 183, in __init__
        self.append(s, charset, errors)
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/email/header.py", line 267, in append
        ustr = unicode(s, incodec, errors)
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
    zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 4:23 AM: »
        sendMail(email)
      File "plexEmail.py", line 231, in sendMail
        FROM = formataddr((str(Header(config)), config)) if ('email_from_name' in config) else config
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/email/header.py", line 183, in __init__
        self.append(s, charset, errors)
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/email/header.py", line 267, in append
        ustr = unicode(s, incodec, errors)
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

It's an issue with either email_from_name or email_from.  Could you give me those values (feel free to put in dummy text for the portion before the @ sign.

eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:26 AM: »

It's an issue with either email_from_name or email_from.  Could you give me those values (feel free to put in dummy text for the portion before the @ sign.

email_from =

email_from_name = 'Zach’s Plex Server'

zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 4:28 AM: »

email_from =

email_from_name = 'Zach’s Plex Server'

Ok two things:

email_from = '#####@gmail.com'

email_from_name = 'Zach\'s Plex Server'

From should be just a string and from_name the issue is that the ' is causing issues and needs to be escaped with a "\"

eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:30 AM: »

Ok two things:

email_from = '#####@gmail.com'

email_from_name = 'Zach\'s Plex Server'

From should be just a string and from_name the issue is that the ' is causing issues and needs to be escaped with a "\"

sendMail(email)
      File "plexEmail.py", line 272, in sendMail
        server.sendmail(FROM, TO, msg.as_string())
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 735, in sendmail
        raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
    smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'z': (553, "5.1.2 We weren't able to find the recipient domain. Please check for any\n5.1.2 spelling errors, and make sure you didn't enter any spaces, periods,\n5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. y7sm5932988pdp.92 - gsmtp")}

Doublechecked the email and it looks good.
    zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 4:34 AM: »

sendMail(email)
      File "plexEmail.py", line 272, in sendMail
        server.sendmail(FROM, TO, msg.as_string())
      File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 735, in sendmail
        raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
    smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'z': (553, "5.1.2 We weren't able to find the recipient domain. Please check for any\n5.1.2 spelling errors, and make sure you didn't enter any spaces, periods,\n5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. y7sm5932988pdp.92 - gsmtp")}

Doublechecked the email and it looks good.

It's an issue with one of the emails on the to line. Please send me email_to.
    eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:37 AM: »

It's an issue with one of the emails on the to line. Please send me email_to.

It's the same as email_from. I'm just testing it right now.

zprewitt wrote on March 14 2015, 4:38 AM: »

It's the same as email_from. I'm just testing it right now.

That one needs to be in this format:

Is it in that format?
    eadwyn wrote on March 14 2015, 4:40 AM: »

That one needs to be in this format:

Is it in that format?

It was not, but now it is, and Success!

How do I schedule this to run on OSX weekly?