Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Movie Requests

Comments

• mdelportmdelport Posts: 475Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    fbrassin wrote on April 5 2015, 9:31 PM: »

I think it is difficult to find a movie if you don't know the exact name expecially if you don't speak English or look for moevie not in English.

I think the CP is using ThemovieDB to get movie information, i see from plugin in couchpotato/core/media/movie/providers/info/themoviedb.py

I don't think about having a user account, but i was thinking about a user/password to give people you want to have access to plexrequest, such as .htaccess. But i don't know how to have it in meteor project.

Moreover, is it possible to enable https in meteor project?

Tnx

I'll look into the themoviedb API to see if that improves results.

I don't think I can put just a password in front but I'll look into adding something. If it's running behind a web server you could use it to limit access possibly, not my domain really.

For SSL I'd deal with it on the front end web server that proxy's requests to meteor, info here but I'll look into it http://www.meteorpedia.com/read/SSL

• gblogbdgblogbd Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I'm having trouble getting the new version working when deploying meteor vs just running locally. I want to be able to let family request from outside my local network so I forwarded a port for the local ip of my CP machine, entered the outside IP address and the api in the plexrequest admin page and it test just fine, shows connected and everything. Problem is when I request from outside my network nothing gets sent to CP. I had everything working perfectly on the old version this way but it's like the server.js isn't being updated when I deploy now. I tried manually editing them like you showed me how to do before but that's not working now either. Any suggestions?

gblogbd wrote on April 6 2015, 12:40 AM: »

I'm having trouble getting the new version working when deploying meteor vs just running locally. I want to be able to let family request from outside my local network so I forwarded a port for the local ip of my CP machine, entered the outside IP address and the api in the plexrequest admin page and it test just fine, shows connected and everything. Problem is when I request from outside my network nothing gets sent to CP. I had everything working perfectly on the old version this way but it's like the server.js isn't being updated when I deploy now. I tried manually editing them like you showed me how to do before but that's not working now either. Any suggestions?

So your CP install is inside your LAN, but where Plex Requests is running is outside your LAN? If connection page can connect requests should be able to as well, they're going to the same place just with different API calls. The new version, is it the current master or dev branch? Or did you download one of the specific releases from this page https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/releases

• foebikfoebik Posts: 598Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2015

Hey guys, just wanted to throw this out there, I notice that Meteor was causing a lot of contention on the C: drive it was running on. I might not have notice this before because I never looked when Plex was busy serving many user streams. But tonight I am and I notice that I was getting excessive queuing on the drive that transcoding temps go to. This is never a good thing. Then I notice some thrashing from Meteor. Once I turned it off my queuing went back to normal (0-1). Anything higher than 2 or 3 for long periods makes me nervous. In this case I was getting 5-20.

Disk queue length usually means the length (in number of I/O operations) of the queue of pending operations for a given disk. In other words, how many requests have stacked up waiting for the disk drive to be able to service them. As an example, if I can only process one request a second, but I get 6 requests in a given second, then my queue length will initially be 5 (one request is processed immediately, the five remaining must be queued).

edited April 2015
    Loken wrote on April 6 2015, 12:46 AM: »

So your CP install is inside your LAN, but where Plex Requests is running is outside your LAN? If connection page can connect requests should be able to as well, they're going to the same place just with different API calls. The new version, is it the current master or dev branch? Or did you download one of the specific releases from this page https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/releases

I have CP installed inside my LAN, I then run meteor deploy "server name" and let it do it's thing. I then change the CP url to my outside IP address and punch in the API key and on your test page it says connection status: true. But when I request from either outside my LAN or inside it doesn't send the request to CP. When I enter in my local IP i get "connection error" on your test page.

foebik wrote on April 6 2015, 12:55 AM: »

Hey guys, just wanted to throw this out there, I notice that Meteor was causing a lot of contention on the C: drive it was running on. I might not have notice this before because I never looked when Plex was busy serving many user streams. But tonight I am and I notice that I was getting excessive queuing on the drive that transcoding temps go to. This is never a good thing. Then I notice some thrashing from Meteor. Once I turned it off my queuing went back to normal (0-1).

Have you updated to Meteor 1.1? It's the first non-beta release for Windows of Meteor. It could also be that running meteor in the dev writes more to disk, not sure. But I'd recommend installing MongoDB and NodeJS (v0.10.38) and running it that way.

gblogbd wrote on April 6 2015, 12:57 AM: »

I have CP installed inside my LAN, I then run meteor deploy "server name" and let it do it's thing. I then change the CP url to my outside IP address and punch in the API key and on your test page it says connection status: true. But when I request from either outside my LAN or inside it doesn't send the request to CP. When I enter in my local IP i get "connection error" on your test page.

Changing to local IP should definitely get connection error and I was going to ask about if you had port forwards setup but if connection page comes back positive you must, let me spawn up an instance and see what's going on (it'll either be or tomorrow).

Loken wrote on April 6 2015, 1:00 AM: »

Have you updated to Meteor 1.1? It's the first non-beta release for Windows of Meteor. It could also be that running meteor in the dev writes more to disk, not sure. But I'd recommend installing MongoDB and NodeJS (v0.10.38) and running it that way.

I just recently did another fresh install of Meteor and ran the below code.

meteor update --release METEOR@1.1-rc.0
    Loken wrote on April 6 2015, 1:02 AM: »

Changing to local IP should definitely get connection error and I was going to ask about if you had port forwards setup but if connection page comes back positive you must, let me spawn up an instance and see what's going on (it'll either be or tomorrow).

I definitely remember letting it update to the latest one that was pushed out. I've double checked my router to make sure everything is good there. It's just not getting pushed for some reason. Funny thing is if I copy and paste my CP url with the outside IP instead of telling me it's true it says API call doesn't seem to exist.

foebik wrote on April 6 2015, 1:06 AM: »

I just recently did another fresh install of Meteor and ran the below code.

Odd, shouldn't have to do meteor update anymore for it to run under Windows. I'll look into what's happening, maybe a callback is getting stuck or not timing out like it's suppose to. Is everything else working though as expected?

edited April 2015
    gblogbd wrote on April 6 2015, 1:07 AM: »

I definitely remember letting it update to the latest one that was pushed out. I've double checked my router to make sure everything is good there. It's just not getting pushed for some reason. Funny thing is if I copy and paste my CP url with the outside IP instead of telling me it's true it says API call doesn't seem to exist.

I just opened up my router to allow CP through and used "meteor deploy" and it seems to work as intended. For the API setting in CP are you using an IP or a domain name? HTTP or HTTPS?

The API call the test page questions is /app.available. If you copy the contents of API setting you have and add app.available at the end what status do you receive when going there in a web browser?

Maybe get a clean copy from releases page or git clone?

And you did change the enabled option to "true"? Just making sure..because otherwise it'll add movies to the requested list but won't query CP.

Loken wrote on April 6 2015, 1:16 AM: »

I just opened up my router to allow CP through and used "meteor deploy" and it seems to work as intended. For the API setting in CP are you using an IP or a domain name? HTTP or HTTPS?

The API call the test page questions is /app.available. If you copy the contents of API setting you have and add app.available at the end what status do you receive when going there in a web browser?

Maybe get a clean copy from releases page or git clone?

And you did change the enabled option to "true"? Just making sure..because otherwise it'll add movies to the requested list but won't query CP.

I got it to work. I forgot to change the boolean string from false to true. Chalk it up to user error. Thanks for the help. I seriously want to donate to you for all the hard work so you should definitely look into setting something up. Then make something for requesting tv shows so I can throw more money at you.

gblogbd wrote on April 6 2015, 3:19 AM: »

I got it to work. I forgot to change the boolean string from false to true. Chalk it up to user error. Thanks for the help. I seriously want to donate to you for all the hard work so you should definitely look into setting something up. Then make something for requesting tv shows so I can throw more money at you.

No worries, I should add a check for that as well on the test page!

• GeetsPlexGeetsPlex Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just wanted to pop in and say this app is excellent! My first time playing with Meteor which is also totally awesome.

CouchPotato works outside of LAN beautifully, no more late night texts asking me to *buy* some movie and rip it.

Thanks for your work/play.

Jeradin wrote on April 6 2015, 4:16 PM: »

Just wanted to pop in and say this app is excellent! My first time playing with Meteor which is also totally awesome.

CouchPotato works outside of LAN beautifully, no more late night texts asking me to *buy* some movie and rip it.

Thanks for your work/play.

No worries, just scratching my own itch!

gblogbd wrote on April 6 2015, 3:19 AM: »

Current dev version now has better test page to catch this! Plus colours to make things obvious too :)

• GOPLEX2.TVGOPLEX2.TV Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Trying out the new version, no hickups. And its fast and smooth.

• WeeflixWeeflix Posts: 238Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Loken, I know you don't want to to create a user account system or anything complex but is it possible just to ask for their names when the first visit the site and save it as a cookie?  That way pushbullet would be able to say "New Plex request from John" as the title.

Loken wrote on April 6 2015, 1:10 AM: »

Odd, shouldn't have to do meteor update anymore for it to run under Windows. I'll look into what's happening, maybe a callback is getting stuck or not timing out like it's suppose to. Is everything else working though as expected?

Everything else is working as expected. The only other thing on my list is that CP isnt telling the page that it is downloaded. But I think that might be a CP problem as I have been looking through its logs and sometimes and takes a very long time before it gets it (if at all).

Nomadore wrote on April 6 2015, 9:16 PM: »

Loken, I know you don't want to to create a user account system or anything complex but is it possible just to ask for their names when the first visit the site and save it as a cookie?  That way pushbullet would be able to say "New Plex request from John" as the title.

Possible idea, I'll investigate!