If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trouble connecting serenity to server

gitchowndgitchownd Posts: 102Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been working at this for a few hours now, but I can't seem to get serenity to connect to my Plex server. It used to a while back, but I'd been busy with other things, and now it doesn't anymore. I'm not exactly sure what information might be relevant to this, but if someone could tell me, I'll be sure to get back to you with whatever you might need. But for starters, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" wifi tablet, and I'm running the latest version of both serenity and PMS. The plex player for android has no problem connecting.

Best Answer

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    jooniloh wrote on March 9 2015, 9:16 PM: »

I've been working at this for a few hours now, but I can't seem to get serenity to connect to my Plex server. It used to a while back, but I'd been busy with other things, and now it doesn't anymore. I'm not exactly sure what information might be relevant to this, but if someone could tell me, I'll be sure to get back to you with whatever you might need. But for starters, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" wifi tablet, and I'm running the latest version of both serenity and PMS. The plex player for android has no problem connecting.

Sorry took me so long to respond. I've been traveling for work.  Anyways, if you have the latest PMS and have enabled any of the Plex @Home functionality for multi-user support, you'll need to disable that in order for Serenity to find the servers.  PMS @Home expects a user id and password to login first.

Answers

Accepted Answer
    jooniloh wrote on March 9 2015, 9:16 PM: »

Sorry took me so long to respond. I've been traveling for work.  Anyways, if you have the latest PMS and have enabled any of the Plex @Home functionality for multi-user support, you'll need to disable that in order for Serenity to find the servers.  PMS @Home expects a user id and password to login first.

• gitchowndgitchownd Posts: 102Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    kingargyle wrote on March 16 2015, 1:52 AM: »

Yup, that was it. Thanks for the help!

• checkrarelycheckrarely Posts: 7Members
    kingargyle wrote on March 16 2015, 1:52 AM: »

I've got the same problem.  Serenity used to work, but now I get a message that it cannot connect to the server at the IP address I had previously configured.  I even tried re-installing, but that didn't help.

How can I check if I have enabled Plex @ Home or not?  And, how do I disable it?

I have a PIN set up for the only user account in the server.  Should I remove the PIN?  I don't have Plex Pass.

Thanks for your help!

If you have a PIN set, remove the pin.  That is a form of password protection, and Serenity is not designed to work with a Plex Server that has a PIN or Plex at Home enabled.

• PugnatorPugnator Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any chance that Serenity will support Plex@Home in the future?

Depends on how well it is documented.  If they release an SDK or a Java API where I don't have to reverse engineer something, then possibily.  Serenity is open source, so anybody can contribute functionality or fork it to add missing functionality.

• ksarauerksarauer Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't have a pin setup, and it still doesn't work.