If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Same file, same location added twice

TylerV76TylerV76 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Ive had this problem for a while but I cant seem to make it stop. Everytime I add something to my autoscan folder I get a blue circle with the number 2 in the corner. Typically that would mean there was 2 files of the movie but there isnt. I hit info and it shows the exact same file in the exact same location twice. Im stumped. Im using PMS paid Version 2.3.21.

Image2.jpg

Comments

• TylerV76TylerV76 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Anybody?

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wanted to tell you this was a naming issue (you aren't following the naming guidelines), but I am unable to duplicate the problems using your naming scheme. You should try changing your naming to more closely match Movie naming guide and see if the issue still occurs. If so, you could attach fresh server and scanner logs - might find a clue in there.

Reporting Issues

The version number you mentioned (2.3.21) is the web app version, not the server version. You need to click on the server tab to find server version.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • hthighwayhthighway Posts: 6,558Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is the folder "G:\Movies 2" the destination for for your download client as well as the media folder for plex?

• Paul
    edited March 2015
    hthighway wrote on March 16 2015, 4:27 PM: »

Is the folder "G:\Movies 2" the destination for for your download client as well as the media folder for plex?

No, I have a seperate folder not attached to Plex. Its on the same drive letter but not listed in Plex anywhere. 

The server version is 0.9.11.7 btw.

edited March 2015
    astrofisher wrote on March 16 2015, 4:22 PM: »

I wanted to tell you this was a naming issue (you aren't following the naming guidelines), but I am unable to duplicate the problems using your naming scheme. You should try changing your naming to more closely match Movie naming guide and see if the issue still occurs. If so, you could attach fresh server and scanner logs - might find a clue in there.

Reporting Issues

The version number you mentioned (2.3.21) is the web app version, not the server version. You need to click on the server tab to find server version.

Heres the Logs. Thanks for everyones help.

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I didn't see any clues in that log, but there wasn't anything new added during the course of the log.

Does this only happen with media placed in G:\Movies 2?

Is your media storage local or external?

Does it give you duplicates if following strict naming guidlines? e.g. G:\Movies\Big Hero 6 (2014)\Big Hero 6 (2014).ext instead fo what you are using. Although I do not experience the duplicate problem when I change my naming to match yours.

Might be interesting to see the xml for this.

You could attach both the server and scanner logs, after you have added some new media.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • mcleminsonmcleminson Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did you ever find a resolution to this? This has started happening for me also in the last 2 weeks.

Plex server 0.9.16.4

The only way I can resolve it is to move the file out of the directory, delete the episode in question and then move it back in.

Whilst that solves it for that episode, the next time another episode is added, I have the same problem again. Its happening for multiple TV shows.

• rex099rex099 Posts: 4Members

I have this same problem

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,349Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@rex099 said:
    I have this same problem

Is all of your media named in accordance with Plex naming guidelines?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• NeodudeNeodude Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here. Happens only on certain TV shows.

Plex Server: Home Server "Gandalf": unRAID Pro 6 | Case: Lian-Li PC-D600WB | MB: ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS | CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2670 | RAM: 64GB Crucial PC-1600 ECC | Cache: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | Array: 4 x 4TB WD Red, 4 x 3TB WD Red | Gaming VM: Win10 & MSI GTX1070

Players: 6x RasPlex on RPi3.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Posts: 6,799Members ✭✭✭✭✭

The one guy in this thread - the author - that provided log files doesn't know how to name his files for use in Plex.

One of the guys trying to help him has just about the best hammer aim when dealing with nails I ever saw and whacked that baby head-deep in one stroke - but so far... crickets from the author.

Here's another spot-on strike:
    If you're not following the naming and structuring guidelines for TV Shows - you should be - 'cause that's what you have to do if you want predictable behavior without any funny bidness.

If you are using Plex Perfect Naming - prove it:
    Log Files:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files
    Drag zip file to message window and drop it.

We'll soon find out about your naming and if you have good naming we might find out whatz-uuuup.

:)

Tony

FileBot For Easy Plex File Naming: http://www.filebot.net/

Automated Plex Naming With Filebot: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191687/plex-naming-schemes-for-filebot

Plex Friendly Handbrake Guide - DVDs/BluRays: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1335697/#Comment_1335697

Plex Clients: AFTVs, Androids, PMP, Rokus (running RARflix: http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2014/09/roku-plex-setup-guide.html ) Link May Work - May Not