Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Local Extras for TV Shows?

xxslrxxxxslrxx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

First off, I'm so happy this feature was added. My question is does it also work for TV Shows? All the guides show how to do it for movies so I'm not sure if it work for TV Shows.

I have the complete Star Trek TNG TV show setup in plex, but I also have TONS of bonus material (think a "behind the scenes" for basically every episode) that I haven't been able to include. I'd really like to integrate them in if there's a proper way to do it now.

Tagged:

Comments

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 23,593 Plex Ninja
    edited August 2015
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/779113/#Comment_779113
    edit: changed the link due to the new forum software

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • xxslrxxxxslrxx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I'm completely familiar with the Specials folder for TV Shows; however, this reallly doesn't apply to my situation.

According to TVDB:

A special is NOT deleted scenes, bloopers, gag reels, etc. from the DVD release of shows.

So all my: Behind the Scenes, Interviews, etc. doesn't count.

More over, even if I did get it to work, I'd feel more like a work around than an actual solution. I'd much rather be able to click on an individual episode and see the "bonus content" for that one episode instead of looking in a Specials folder with hundreds of videos.

Honestly, I was really hoping for a solution like along the lines of the way the new local extras feature works for movies.

• edmondenacheedmondenache Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

I'm in the same boat here. I have loads of tv series that have extras like deleted or behind the scenes and also specials that are listed on the tvdb. I can add the specials in Season 0 but there are no solutions for for the extras. I tried to add them like I would with Films but it doesn't work. A solution for this should be developed ASAP as I've never seen a DVD or Blue-Ray series collection without these extras.

• mxm1234mxm1234 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 48 ✭✭

bump bump....need a solution for this

• LCranberryLCranberry Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

bump...just added 24 (Season 1) Box Set and I'd love to add the Alt Ending

• Balthazar2k4Balthazar2k4 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 261 Plex Pass

I am a bit surprised that the extras naming convention doesn't apply to TV Shows as well. Seems short sighted from a development perspective.

• kingofpuddingskingofpuddings Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

bump. this would be great to have

• zachnfinezachnfine Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 ✭✭

Bump and more bump. The lack of this feature is making it impossible for me to get the Battlestar Galactica deleted scenes to even show up in Plex. If I name them in an S00 sequence, they are ID'd as the miniseries that came before the show, or as later miniseries that were related to the show and are in the TVDB.

I just want to drop them into a 'Deleted Scenes' folder with descriptive names, or name them ending in -deleted, just as is possible with files related to movies.

• cjpikecjpike Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I too would love this feature to work with TV shows. Surely if it's there for movies then it could potentially be applied in a similar fashion to a TV shows library?

• mattryycmattryyc Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I'm struggling with deleting some of my 'Bonus' content from TV shows now because they keep getting mis detected as episodes. It would be really great to have a proper solution for this.

• jobrien2001jobrien2001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

bump for feature request.

Show\season 01\extra and movie (year)\extras for extras. On tv... having them in the special (season 00) folder is not great because extras often apply to a particular season.

For TV, a naming convention would be Show.S01.X01.ext and they should be listed on the client after the last episode.

For movies a naming scheme like moviename.X01.ext and they should be listed on the client just like the trailers are.

• KibosJKibosJ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

I'd love this feature too.

I have a 10 Season TV Show from Bluray and each season has extras, my Season 00 folder is going to be a mess :(

• paulwhite61paulwhite61 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Another bump here. Would really love to be able to have extras for TV shows!

• MakkMakk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Add me to list to this of wanna haves!

• KenJKenJ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 108 Plex Pass

Ditto on adding the feature

• caseyfridaycaseyfriday Members Posts: 13 Plex Pass

Would love this feature as well - getting my Chuck blurays finally transcoded to 720p, and there are tons of extras!

• thatguykennythatguykenny Members Posts: 1

Bump - A feature like this would be much appreciated.

• julioluizjulioluiz Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

I really need it too, mainly for Breaking Bad deleted scenes!

• thecolegasthecolegas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Bump, I'd really like this feature as well. My mom would love all of her Downton Abbey features to be included.

• TheCheezWhizTheCheezWhiz Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

BUMP
    Seems kinda ridiculous that this topic has floated so long without official comment. I'm in the same boat as others. I have years worth of TV episodes with HUNDREDS of extras and seemingly no practical way to add them to Plex. It's lack of basic functionality like this why I won't even consider getting a Plex Pass.