We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Community contributed images request.

El MassmanEl Massman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 585
To those of you who aren't familiar with it, this is the reFocus welcome screen. (Please see below)

nightd.jpg

The image and message change along with the time of day. There's morning, afternoon and evening, each showing a random image from a selection that represents that time. What I think would be an awesome idea is if we as a community were to add our own images and photos and really make the skin our own. What better way to be greeted than to photos of the things that make us up as a community, right?

If you have an image you'd like added, please upload it to imageshack and post a link in this topic. I'll add it to the skin ASAP. (Any that are posted before 1st September WILL be added for release but there's no deadline so keep 'em comin')

They can be anything, pets, nature etc... All I ask is that they are of a high quality, decent resolution and at least semi-represent a time of day. :)

Thank you kindly,

Marc

Comments

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 79 Plex Pass
    dsc01435d.jpg
    This picture was taken on Djerba (Tunisia) during the last summer vacation of me and my girlfriend.
  • El MassmanEl Massman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 585
    Fressa0815 wrote on 28 August 2010 - 11:46 PM:

dsc01435d.jpg
    This picture was taken on Djerba (Tunisia) during the last summer vacation of me and my girlfriend.

Thanks! Really good picture, that's exactly what I was looking for. Added!
  • quiqueckquiqueck Plex Dev Team Members Posts: 329
    Maybe one of those will be useful :)
    mg6201.th.jpg wegbild.th.jpg img1096t.th.jpg
  • ChrispyChrispy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass
    If you like them feel free to use them.

Murphy's Pub in Dingle Ireland at night, from my honeymoon in 2002.

spubdingleireland.jpg

Another from Ireland, this one is Ennis in the daytime.

ennis2005.jpg

Chris
  • sinuzsinuz Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    :)

16959336.jpg

93493475.jpg
  • eyeballtickler7eyeballtickler7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass
    Out of interest can we turn off the welcome screen?
    These are all awesome guys. Thanks a lot. It's very much appreciated. I'll add them in when I get home.

@muckyfingers, I guess I could add an option too if you really wanted. It is quite literally the best thing ever though so I really can't see why you'd want to turn it off. :D
  • eyeballtickler7eyeballtickler7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass
    edited August 2010
    I can understand why some (most) would like it.

I'm just really not a fan of welcome/splash screens. I wouln't really want you to spend time coding something if the demand isn't there, but I'd certainly turn it off given the option :D
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 788 Plex Ninja
    I like the reFocus welcome screen on XBMC a lot, but there the images are selected with care by Jeroen.
    I really hope there will be an option to only use those...
    sandman4sure wrote on 30 August 2010 - 01:40 PM:

I like the reFocus welcome screen on XBMC a lot, but there the images are selected with care by Jeroen.
    I really hope there will be an option to only use those...

you make a very good point. at the moment they are included but there's no option to use them exclusively. i can add that in though with very little effort. thanks!
  • sandman4suresandman4sure Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 788 Plex Ninja
    El Massman wrote on 30 August 2010 - 02:58 PM:

you make a very good point. at the moment they are included but there's no option to use them exclusively. i can add that in though with very little effort. thanks!

Thanks a lot for that! I am really glad to see this skin in Plex, because it's such a beautiful skin.
  • hrcolb0hrcolb0 Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    El Massman wrote on 30 August 2010 - 01:58 PM:

Why not download them to a local folder, and set the folder as a custom slideshow?
  • muzo178muzo178 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 87 Plex Pass
    Here you go...

dolphing.th.jpg

afterthestormtraslatorm.th.jpg
    muzo178 wrote on 03 September 2010 - 12:01 AM:

Here you go...

dolphing.th.jpg

They're awesome, thanks very much!
  • JeroenJeroen Members Posts: 9
    muzo178 wrote on 02 September 2010 - 11:01 PM:

Here you go...

dolphing.th.jpg

Those are awesome, are you the author? If so, would you mind if I include them in reFocus for XBMC?
  • RmaxRmax Members Posts: 49
    edited September 2010
  • muzo178muzo178 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 87 Plex Pass
    Jeroen_ wrote on 03 September 2010 - 12:59 PM:

Those are awesome, are you the author? If so, would you mind if I include them in reFocus for XBMC?

Hey Jeroen,

The first one is mine and you can use it as you please..

the second one is cc licensed from flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb_flickr/480504750/
  • JeroenJeroen Members Posts: 9
    muzo178 wrote on 04 September 2010 - 12:33 PM:

Hey Jeroen,

The first one is mine and you can use it as you please..

the second one is cc licensed from flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb_flickr/480504750/

Excellent, thanks :)
  • ctuffinctuffin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass
    Great idea! Here are a few of my favorites... some more tenuous as to time of day than others!!!

Morning
    p1040324.th.jpg
    dsc0487m.th.jpg

Afternoon
    dsc0306m.th.jpg
    dsc0741e.th.jpg
    dsc0781d.th.jpg
    dsc0371l.th.jpg
    dsc0682p.th.jpg
    dsc0730c.th.jpg
    dsc0519e.th.jpg
    dsc0502g.th.jpg