If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot See Synced Items in v2.0.0.3

Hi All,

I am not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or not, but I had content synced to my windows 8.1 plex app.And I have no idea how to find it, when I have no internet connection. What tends to happen if I have no connection, is that the server is shown as offline and it doesn't let me access it at all. When I change servers to this computer it tells me I have nothing... 

If I have a connection and I get to select the tv shows/movies that are synced (via filtering) I can access and play them directly - and they say they are synced. So what am I doing wrong? Why can I not see my synced files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry.  There's a bug in 2.0.0.3 where the local server won't return content.  We have a fix in certification right now, but it's taking it's sweet time.

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 471Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ah that explains it :) - hope the new version will be accepted soon.

Thanks for getting back so quick!

• mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

2.0.0.4 should be available.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,672Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New version has resolved this. Great work getting this resolved and pushed out so quickly.

• Ally MediaAlly Media Posts: 206Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing this happening in 2.0.0.6.  When not connected to internet it returns now that you have a server you can add content.  I have three things synced.  When I have internet and switch to this pc it sees the content

• anpracanprac Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I''m seeing the same thing in 2.0.0.6. The logs seem to show that it can connect to the localhost server (and it returns that there's 2 items) but it never displays them in the Plex interface. I've enabled loopback exemption for plex, but still no luck

Ally Media:

Just so I'm clear, selecting "this PC" works when connected to the internet, but not when offline?

anprac:

Does it ever work for you, or only when online?

(And I've love to see an attached log from either of you for the non-working case.)
    When there's an Internet connection and it can see my PMS, everything works as expected - the synced content shows up under the local instance and the media can be viewed.

However when there's no network connection, i just get the "maybe you should load some media" message displayed.
    anprac wrote on May 11 2015, 8:32 PM: »

When there's an Internet connection and it can see my PMS, everything works as expected - the synced content shows up under the local instance and the media can be viewed.

However when there's no network connection, i just get the "maybe you should load some media" message displayed.

Can you post a log?

here's the log. sorry for the late reply but i'm currently at work. it looks like it can see that there are synced items but cant access them to display them for some reason.

btw, this is a brand new windows build with literally, just windows 8.1 and plex installed. there should be nothing on the machine to interfere with plex.

anprac:

This will sound silly, but if you raise the appbar on the main page and tap the refresh button (or hit F5), does the Library group show up?
    No, unfortunately, it does the loading animation again, and then brings up "maybe you should add some content" message.
    I did some debugging and I think there's a bug on our side. Sorry about that! We'll get it fixed ASAP.
    Thank you!
  • Ally MediaAlly Media Posts: 206Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thank you

• gabypmowgabypmow Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm seeing the same thing in 2.0.0.7.  I'm currently on a flight and can't get to syned items without paying for internet.  Not cheap!

Oddly enough I tested it at home to avoid the "media not available" message and it worked fine in airplane mode.  Is there anything I can do?  I'm touring the south of spain and won't have internet to work around the issue.

Help build a comprehensive Client Capabilities spreadsheet: https://forums.plex....bilities-chart/

edited May 2015
    gabypmow wrote on May 15 2015, 12:22 AM: »

I'm seeing the same thing in 2.0.0.7.  I'm currently on a flight and can't get to syned items without paying for internet.  Not cheap!

Oddly enough I tested it at home to avoid the "media not available" message and it worked fine in airplane mode.  Is there anything I can do?  I'm touring the south of spain and won't have internet to work around the issue.

Sorry to hear that. 2.0.0.8 will probably fix the issue for you, but if you can't install it...