Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"User null has synced content on this device"

Odd_BlokeOdd_Bloke Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

When I try to sync content to my Android phone, I get the following "Unable to sync" message:

User null has synced content on this device. That content must be deleted before you can sync with your current account.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Odd_BlokeOdd_Bloke Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I solved this problem by signing in with my Plex Pass account (which I had previously used on this device).

(I decided to post this despite having fixed it, in case other people are running in to the same issue)

Answers

• Odd_BlokeOdd_Bloke Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I solved this problem by signing in with my Plex Pass account (which I had previously used on this device).

(I decided to post this despite having fixed it, in case other people are running in to the same issue)

• davisononlinedavisononline Members Posts: 1

I have this issue but I don't have (and don't want to create) a PlexPass account. I have however got the paid-for Android app and according to the docs for that, syncing should work from my own local Plex server. In fact this is the only reason I paid for the app.

Can someone tell me how to proceed with this please?

• leolamannaleolamanna Members Posts: 2

WTF?? 5 months and no answer?... PLEX people, I HAVE PAID for your app!

• Endo_resuEndo_resu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Clear App data and reset the app

• sstojcsstojc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have a plexpass account (lifetime) and am logged in with that account. I run into this issue whenever I've deleted synced content and attempt to sync new content. Literally every single time. Yes, clearing app data and restarting the app allows me to once again sync new content. But that's an awfully annoying thing to do every couple movies and shouldn't be necessary.

• ksufingerksufinger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

+1 to @sstojc's comment

• purj.plex@purj.netpurj.plex@purj.net Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I agree, this is the svck! However, in my case I did find a workable solution. The error only happens when I delete ALL of the sync'd content. So to prevent myself from having to 'clear data' in the android system prefs, I simply leave at least one album sync'd on the phone then if I want to delete it, I sync another album before doing so. Cr@ppy but hey, plex is pretty rad overall.

• sGarversGarver Members, Plex Pass Posts: 328 Plex Pass

@leolamanna said:

Back off. The question that the original poster asked was answered, by himself, back in April! davisononline (who has only made 1 forum post) should not have highjacked an answered post but made his own thread.

To all: stop expecting responses on a thread that is marked answered. Make your own new threads.

• markmark46markmark46 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    edited February 17

@sGarver said:

@leolamanna said:

Back off. The question that the original poster asked was answered, by himself, back in April! davisononline (who has only made 1 forum post) should not have highjacked an answered post but made his own thread.

To all: stop expecting responses on a thread that is marked answered. Make your own new threads.

Actually the issue remains for me and I disagree that the issue is resolved. Odd_Bloke's solution does not work, therefore it should be changed to unanswered. I have 3 Android devices and one iOS, it only happens with Android for me. iOS works fine.

As soon as the sync data is deleted from an Android device the "User null has synced content on this device. That content must be deleted before you can sync with your current account." issue occurs.