Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Any chance of support for Android Auto?

MReprogleMReprogle Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure how hard it is to add this, and it's probably a ton of work, but I just wanted to see if this has been something that has already been looked into. Spotify was just added, but Plex has the upperhand being that I can load my FLAC library and stream it to my car if I wanted to, as the Pioneer Nex head units now natively support FLAC.

Comments

• LordVanquisherLordVanquisher Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agree! +1 for this feature!

• joharpjoharp Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would pay extra for this!

• pablosbrainpablosbrain Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would love this!

• chenkschenks Posts: 738Members ✭✭✭

they have to build in support to not allow video playback whilst the vehicle is in motion.
    that's probably the reason why you don't see any video playback apps available android auto.

• ShiggsShiggs Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would guarantee a renewal of Plex Pass for me!

• eseelkeeseelke Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It might be easier to create a music only app.

• washington23washington23 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please consider this. Using non AA apps in my car is inconvenient to the point that I just don't bother. I would pay extra for this.

• SmeegSmeeg Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is the sort of feature that would push more users into upgrading to Plex Pass. I am already a Plex Pass user and would love this feature in my car +1 from me

• chenkschenks Posts: 738Members ✭✭✭

is it?
    android auto is pretty niche market, and if you add plex users to that market then it becomes even more niche.
    whilst it might be something nice to add to the list of features, i can't see it being anywhere near top of any list of things to add in the near future.

• thyv12thyv12 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hellz yeah would be intrested

• jim.mclean@gmail.comjim.mclean@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+100000000

• divineassblooddivineassblood Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1000000000

• JasonMeudtJasonMeudt Posts: 193Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@chenks said:
    is it?
    android auto is pretty niche market, and if you add plex users to that market then it becomes even more niche.
    whilst it might be something nice to add to the list of features, i can't see it being anywhere near top of any list of things to add in the near future.

Really? With the new 'Podcast' library support coming/here, this would make Plex a media 'Big Boy' right up there with Pandora (as far as Media playback on the go...).

Plex becoming a 'niche market' player implies that they would be 'limited' in their media playback scope as opposed to becoming more broad (encompassing...). I can agree that currently, Android Auto/Apple Carplay are both niche subsets in the auto industry. I just bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline that includes Android Auto, but without proper app support, it will stay a niche segment. There isn't the broad app library that can utilize the capabilities yet.

List of ALL the Android Auto Apps on the Play Store...

• tsponholztsponholz Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Definitely would be huge add to the app. I'm in the process of making Plex my only media app on all devices (just waiting for my Cloud invite). But use in the car would be limited without Android Auto support.

• brian.lunardinibrian.lunardini Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

I would love to play my Plex music using Android Auto

• clarenceb5clarenceb5 Posts: 140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

With the latest update to Android Auto I would love to see support now that Android Auto runs on Android 5.0+ devices. +1

• YetiKrabbeYetiKrabbe Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1000000000

• SirMarvinSirMarvin Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1
    I would love to have Android Auto to play music in my car without touching the mobile.

• theswordsmahintheswordsmahin Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please add this!