If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Background fanart from same catagory?

TibolTibol Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm really loving this skin. Is there a way to have each catagory only show fanart from its own catagory on the main page? For example, it shows movie, tv, etc.. fanart when on the music catagory and vise versa. It would be nice for my (2 yr old) daughter's video catagory to only show her art and not some other movie art I'd rather her not see.

Example:

samsplex.jpg

Oh, one more thing. Is there a way to remove empty boxs like the ones below?

remove_emptys.jpg

Thank you,

Tim

Comments

• bkurybkury Posts: 393Members ✭✭✭
    Tibol wrote on May 1 2015, 1:38 PM: »

I'm really loving this skin. Is there a way to have each catagory only show fanart from its own catagory on the main page? For example, it shows movie, tv, etc.. fanart when on the music catagory and vise versa. It would be nice for my (2 yr old) daughter's video catagory to only show her art and not some other movie art I'd rather her not see.

I don't know if I understand you correctly but this should already be the default behavior right now. If you select a specific library section in the home menu only fanart from this library should be shown in the background. Also if you want to prevent certain library sections/backdrops showing up you should create a new user account for your kids which only gives them access to the libraries you want them to have access to ...

Oh, one more thing. Is there a way to remove empty boxs like the ones below?

Not yet but I will add this feature with the next update ...

Night Skin v1.8.6  |  Support Thread  |  Github

OpenWeatherMap Channel  |  Github

OpenPHT  |  Github  |  Development Builds

Please consider to support my work, thank you!

btn_donate_SMgif

• TibolTibol Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2015

Im not sure whats up with mine, but my fanart is definitely not being pulled from its corresponding folders.

My setup: Server running PMS on WinXP64bit, HTPC running PHT on WinXP64bit.

Scratch that, I meant My setup: Server running PMS on Win7 pro 64bit, HTPC running PHT on Win7 pro 64bit.

• FREAKJAMFREAKJAM Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Off topic:
    XP is pretty damn old, unsupported and not secure since Microsoft no longer releases updates. Time to upgrade?
  • TibolTibol Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    FREAKJAM wrote on May 3 2015, 1:04 PM: »

Off topic:
    XP is pretty damn old, unsupported and not secure since Microsoft no longer releases updates. Time to upgrade?

Wow, did I write XP?  I meant Win7 Pro 64bit on both the server and the HTPC. I guess old habits are hard to brake.