If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Roku Preview - coming off screensaver - update progress times?

sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,383Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Not sure if the Plex App gets notified when a key is pressed to come off the Roku screensaver - but if the app is notified and knows that screen is exited from the screensaver to the last displayed content, would like the app to update the progress info on the screen

For example if screensaver kicks in part way through a music track or music track in a playlist then when screensaver exited later the times displayed on the screen are misleading showing partial progress in playback, I am referring to mm:ss / mm:ss and the yellow bar and track name, At the moment it gives the impression it may have aborted playback when in fact it got to the end 

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

Best Answer

Answers

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,854Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Thanks for the report. I have noticed that issue too, which seems like a roku bug, but something we'll have to workaround. When a screensaver is running, the underlying screens do not get updates, so we'll need to look into refreshing the current screen when the screen saver is closed (globally). One wouldn't think it, but knowing when a screensaver is running or not is actually a tricky thing as it's outside of our control.

sa2000 wrote on May 1 2015, 5:24 PM: »

Not sure if the Plex App gets notified when a key is pressed to come off the Roku screensaver - but if the app is notified and knows that screen is exited from the screensaver to the last displayed content, would like the app to update the progress info on the screen

For example if screensaver kicks in part way through a music track or music track in a playlist then when screensaver exited later the times displayed on the screen are misleading showing partial progress in playback, I am referring to mm:ss / mm:ss and the yellow bar and track name, At the moment it gives the impression it may have aborted playback when in fact it got to the end 

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,383Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Thank you - i was not sure if you got told or not.

Thanks for adding it to the things to look into

It did cause me spend some time investigating and looking into logs once because i thought it crashed part way music streaming when i came back to the room and noticed music stopped. In fact it came to the end !!!

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows