Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Xbox one .. Search

Is there a way to search on the xbox one plex app, I cant seem to find it.

Comments

• rudeboy42rudeboy42 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Great question.  It seems everyone has this the same question but nobody can answer.

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,287 Plex Ninja
    edited May 2015

No, there currently is not. The app is still currently in active development and will have a ways to go before it reaches feature parity. The coming update will add music with the following adding photo libraries.

If you bought Plex Pass specifically for use of the preview app, they are preview apps for a reason. Development is not done and the apps are not complete. Expecting them to be as such will only leave you disappointed. The Plex Pass gives you many things and testing the new apps is just a bonus. If you don't like assisting with testing software to make it better it's probably not something you'll want to do, especially if you are trying to use it as your primary device.

Might want to check out the Xbox 360 forum as well.

• The_DThe_D Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

i thing the search tool on Xbox One is still missing. Why not mapping the "Y" button to this function ? The "filter" feature would be also a welcome addition.

• seefilmsseefilms Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

It's the middle of 2017, where in the gravy is the search function on this fairly worthless app?
    I call it fairly worthless because it has no search function which seems like the most obvious "feature".
    See how I did that thing with quotes?
    Because a search function is about as much of a "feature" as headlights or an accelerator are in a car.

OS: unRAID 6.2.4 | MOBO: Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O | CPU: Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz | RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333 | HBA: SAS Cards 2x Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 | HBA: SAS Cards 2x Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 | PARITY: 3TB WD Green WD30EZRX/3TB WD RED WD30EFRX | CACHE: 1TB WD Black WD1002FAEX | DATA: 6x 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX, 2x 3TB WD Green WD30EZRX, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 | CASE: Norco 4224 w/ 120mm bracket | POWER Corsair Pro Gold AX850