If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is it possible to sync on PS4 app?

scarecroescarecroe Posts: 3Members

I just started using Plex and I'm digging it so far!

One thing I love in my iPad is that I can sync a video to the device and watch it offline later.

Is it possible to do this on the PS4 app? I would like to be able to watch a video as I fall asleep and not have to keep my computer running all night.

Tagged:

Comments

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,913Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

it is not. you can only sync to mobile apps

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • tullndtullnd Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm curious if this may be available in the future though.  Development is extremely new on this platform, so is this something they've defined they won't do on these devices for an organizational plan, or just not yet available?

• scarecroescarecroe Posts: 3Members
    tullnd wrote on May 12 2015, 3:58 PM: »

I'm curious if this may be available in the future though.

Ditto. Having this feature available on PS4 would also help with any buffering problems. I hope Plex takes this into consideration. And thanks :)

• bal3wolfbal3wolf Posts: 153Members ✭✭
    i doubt pleax can even do it because of sony, they keep a tight control over their system on what apps can do and store.
    I7 6800k@4.2Ghz 32Gigs@3200Mhz GTX 1080@2100/5600 3x 500Gig SSD Raid 0 (GAMING PC) Xeon X5675@4400Mhz 18Gigs@1680Mhz RX480 9TB In Hard drives (PLEX SERVER)
  • scarecroescarecroe Posts: 3Members

That would be a shame. I was hoping Plex was the solution I was looking for.

• clearheatvisionclearheatvision Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump --- can Plex do this on the PS4 now in September of 2017?

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,365Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@clearheatvision said:
    Bump --- can Plex do this on the PS4 now in September of 2017?

No, it cannot. Sync is strictly for the mobile apps.