If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] CcloudTv Channel (IPTV)

Comments

• jscottdouglasjscottdouglas Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

See attachment for debug log from ipad plex app. I removed my iptv url fyi

I tried to understand the attached log but don't see any outright errors listed in there. The difference I do see between the iPad attempt to play vs. Android is using transcoding it seems. I dont see any references to PlexWeb. The other issue that might be affecting is the duration meta. I remember iOS had issues when that was set as 0. So you can try the following things in the order listed one at a time.

1. Under the cCloud channel settings/prefs - disable 'Use Optimized For Streaming flag'.
    2. If #1 does not forced transcoding, enable options on iOS to forced transcoding.
    3. If #1,2 dont make any difference add the following duration = 86400000 here.

By the way are you on the latest ver. (0.21) of the cCloud plugin ? I did try it on the iPhone and it plays the stream I tested just fine with the current ver. 0.21 and default settings. You can find that stream under the cCloud > Category > News listing

1. Tried disabling optimized for stream flag, that didn't change anything
    2. No option in plex app that allows to force transcoding so i can't do this
    3. updated the duration on line 210, looks like the stream is still returning duration = 0 from what the log says: 2017/08/08 21:16:47.516 (53 MB) (44542) W PMKVideoPlaybackEngine.m:1163 | Player duration is 0, falling back to part duration (0)

My guess is the issue lies in the duration. Any other thoughts?

I'm guessing but there should be something to disable direct play/stream in iOS settings. Did you test the NDTV stream I posted in my screencap ? If that plays then it might be something else. Also, does your stream work using the IPTV.bundle on the iPad ?

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

See attachment for debug log from ipad plex app. I removed my iptv url fyi

I tried to understand the attached log but don't see any outright errors listed in there. The difference I do see between the iPad attempt to play vs. Android is using transcoding it seems. I dont see any references to PlexWeb. The other issue that might be affecting is the duration meta. I remember iOS had issues when that was set as 0. So you can try the following things in the order listed one at a time.

1. Under the cCloud channel settings/prefs - disable 'Use Optimized For Streaming flag'.
    2. If #1 does not forced transcoding, enable options on iOS to forced transcoding.
    3. If #1,2 dont make any difference add the following duration = 86400000 here.

By the way are you on the latest ver. (0.21) of the cCloud plugin ? I did try it on the iPhone and it plays the stream I tested just fine with the current ver. 0.21 and default settings. You can find that stream under the cCloud > Category > News listing

1. Tried disabling optimized for stream flag, that didn't change anything
    2. No option in plex app that allows to force transcoding so i can't do this
    3. updated the duration on line 210, looks like the stream is still returning duration = 0 from what the log says: 2017/08/08 21:16:47.516 (53 MB) (44542) W PMKVideoPlaybackEngine.m:1163 | Player duration is 0, falling back to part duration (0)

My guess is the issue lies in the duration. Any other thoughts?

I'm guessing but there should be something to disable direct play/stream in iOS settings. Did you test the NDTV stream I posted in my screencap ? If that plays then it might be something else. Also, does your stream work using the IPTV.bundle on the iPad ?

there is no option in ios to disable direct play / stream in iOS, NDTV stream you posted seems to be working on my iPAD and no IPTV bundle does not work on my IPAD, it use to but not since like 5 other releases.

however i tried NBC New channel 8 from your standard list, and same problem just opens and closes.

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭

@DatChicken said:
    Hello, I got your plugin and I am using a m3u playlist on the cCloud TV plugin that you made. When I play what is on that list it only plays for 11 seconds or 22 seconds and it buffers, buffers and buffers it don't stop.

I had a problem on vlc where it will only play for 22 seconds and it will stop same as your plugin but it don't stop the playback.

All The Links in the m3u playlist are .ts files

Sorry, if you busy and you get this.

.ts are generally segment files with 10-12 sec. of video. Can you rename your .ts to .m3u8 and see if that works ? If not, I'm not sure how to make that work since the Plex transcoder probably does not run a loop for seeking. You might have luck if you use a Plex client that can play that stream without transcoding. PlexWeb will transcode.

@jscottdouglas said:

there is no option in ios to disable direct play / stream in iOS, NDTV stream you posted seems to be working on my iPAD and no IPTV bundle does not work on my IPAD, it use to but not since like 5 other releases.

however i tried NBC New channel 8 from your standard list, and same problem just opens and closes.

The NBC Channel 8 stream (from cCloudTv listing) either does not work or requires some additional parameters like user-agent or referrer to work. Can't get that stream to work on VLC as well.

If the NDTV stream works then I dont think there is an issue with duration meta.

Since Plex has only a section for iOS, then the App for both iPhone and iPad should be the same. I don't have access to the iPhone until Saturday but am quite certain it does have some settings to force transcoding. Will look it up and post later.

Can you post the mediainfo of your stream from VLC. Could it be in a format that the iPad does not like ? In that case transcoding will be the only option to get it to work.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

@coder-alpha said:

@DatChicken said:
    Hello, I got your plugin and I am using a m3u playlist on the cCloud TV plugin that you made. When I play what is on that list it only plays for 11 seconds or 22 seconds and it buffers, buffers and buffers it don't stop.

I had a problem on vlc where it will only play for 22 seconds and it will stop same as your plugin but it don't stop the playback.

All The Links in the m3u playlist are .ts files

Sorry, if you busy and you get this.

.ts are generally segment files with 10-12 sec. of video. Can you rename your .ts to .m3u8 and see if that works ? If not, I'm not sure how to make that work since the Plex transcoder probably does not run a loop for seeking. You might have luck if you use a Plex client that can play that stream without transcoding. PlexWeb will transcode.

@jscottdouglas said:

The NBC Channel 8 stream (from cCloudTv listing) either does not work or requires some additional parameters like user-agent or referrer to work. Can't get that stream to work on VLC as well.

If the NDTV stream works then I dont think there is an issue with duration meta.

Since Plex has only a section for iOS, then the App for both iPhone and iPad should be the same. I don't have access to the iPhone until Saturday but am quite certain it does have some settings to force transcoding. Will look it up and post later.

Can you post the mediainfo of your stream from VLC. Could it be in a format that the iPad does not like ? In that case transcoding will be the only option to get it to work.

I've added the screen shots and mediainfo again with the url removed but hopefully this answers what you need.

@jscottdouglas said:

I've added the screen shots and mediainfo again with the url removed but hopefully this answers what you need.

Look under Quality in Settings (i think). You'll have to look under each possible option. They recently moved the one in PlexWeb to Debug which used to be under Player as well..

Will need the codec info from VLC or whatever player you have where the stream works. The MediaInfo from Plex is supplied by the Channel code and not accurate.

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

Look under Quality in Settings (i think). You'll have to look under each possible option. They recently moved the one in PlexWeb to Debug which used to be under Player as well..

Will need the codec info from VLC or whatever player you have where the stream works. The MediaInfo from Plex is supplied by the Channel code and not accurate.

I double checked in plex app in ios and there was no option for the direct play. checked every setting.

@jscottdouglas said:

I double checked in plex app in ios and there was no option for the direct play. checked every setting.

Seems like they indeed have, can't find it on my Android. So the other thing you can do is set the Quality as a test to 720p or lower. This should then force that stream to transcode by PMS and see if it plays or not. I'm looking for other alternates to force transcoding in the mean time.

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

Seems like they indeed have, can't find it on my Android. So the other thing you can do is set the Quality as a test to 720p or lower. This should then force that stream to transcode by PMS and see if it plays or not. I'm looking for other alternates to force transcoding in the mean time.

No dice.

still same thing stream opens immediately closes.

@jscottdouglas said:

No dice.

Sorry but not sure what else to suggest. If you can find a working stream that behaves similarly on the iPad I can look further but otherwise it seems very hard to diagnose.

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

No dice.

Sorry but not sure what else to suggest. If you can find a working stream that behaves similarly on the iPad I can look further but otherwise it seems very hard to diagnose.

These are all working streams that work outside the iPad I don't understand your statement

@jscottdouglas said:

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

No dice.

These are all working streams that work outside the iPad I don't understand your statement

I meant, if you can share a stream that behaves similarly so I can run some tests on it.

Sending a pm to you

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

@coder-alpha said:

@jscottdouglas said:

No dice.

I meant, if you can share a stream that behaves similarly so I can run some tests on it.

Pm'd you hopefully this helps

• ElrauElrau Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi !

I have some problems with my Cccloud TV plugin.

When I try to lauch a channel on another device than my PMS, i have a message says my bandwidth is nos sufficient, minimal request is 103 kbps. On my settings I have no upload limit.

So i tried on my PMS (installed on Windows 7) and I have a message who says on 90% channel "conversion failed, transcoder failed to start".
    On my plugin settings I change nothing and don't define a transcoder. Do I need to add VLC like I saw on this thread ? On Windows what do I need to write ?

Thank you so much.
    (PMS 1.8.0.4109)

• SpezjrSpezjr Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    edited August 15

oops I accidentally lost my post

Hi Spezjr

Did you find a solution to solve this probleme on your PMS or you're stuck too ?

@Spezjr said:

@Elrau said:
    Hi !

I have some problems with my Cccloud TV plugin.

When I try to lauch a channel on another device than my PMS, i have a message says my bandwidth is nos sufficient, minimal request is 103 kbps. On my settings I have no upload limit.

So i tried on my PMS (installed on Windows 7) and I have a message who says on 90% channel "conversion failed, transcoder failed to start".
    On my plugin settings I change nothing and don't define a transcoder. Do I need to add VLC like I saw on this thread ? On Windows what do I need to write ?

Thank you so much.
    (PMS 1.8.0.4109)

This is happening for me as well on a ubuntu server with PMS 1.7.5.4035 . No matter which client I use (IOS or Web) or which channel I choose, the stream won't start. It gives me the same error about the transcoder failing to start. Also, it seems that none of the channels have their icons past the channel list.

@Elrau said:
    Hi Spezjr

Did you find a solution to solve this probleme on your PMS or you're stuck too ?

The cCloudTv listing can have channels down (at a given time). Please use the included playlist.m3u to test if the setup works or not.

If I double click on it in Windows Explorer, it lauches VLC and it work perfectly.
    If I have a transcoder error message it's because channel down ?

Do you know from where is the message about bandwidth ? If I lauch the video "Beware o the scam" it works but it's the only one

• SpezjrSpezjr Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    edited August 15

@coder-alpha tried that, no luck. Same transcode error

Edit: Actually, it looks like the channels in that playlist ARE working, but only those channels. And I'm not particularly interested in any of them, I want the other channels.

@Elrau said:
    If I double click on it in Windows Explorer, it lauches VLC and it work perfectly.
    If I have a transcoder error message it's because channel down ?

Do you know from where is the message about bandwidth ? If I lauch the video "Beware o the scam" it works but it's the only one

@Spezjr said:
    @coder-alpha tried that, no luck. Same transcode error

Edit: Actually, it looks like the channels in that playlist ARE working, but only those channels. And I'm not particularly interested in any of them, I want the other channels.

If the channels from the playlist work then your setup is running fine. The issue is then the channels from the cCloud Tv listing which WILL have some of them down. The service is based on community support at the moment. The creator has plans to get a more reliable source but this is what there is at the moment.

There is a fix required to play some of those channels (Top10, 24/7, and a few others..) which require a user-agent/referrer. I am working on it but needs a little more time for testing.

• williamroughtwilliamrought Posts: 5Members ✭✭

When is Ccloud going to work again?