Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] CcloudTv Channel (IPTV)

Comments

• carlosdesedascarlosdesedas Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hi all.  I downloaded the ccloud channel and installed it.  I'm getting the channel list, but no identification of which channel is which.  Only, for example:  

Channel: 00 (Channel: 00)

Channel: n (Channel: n)

What has to be done to get the channel names?  When I've randomly clicked on a channel, it has worked, but I don't have a way to see which is which...

Thanks!

Carlos

• donovanbrockdonovanbrock Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I too receive the same...  

nUaw7me.png

carlosdesedas wrote on June 22 2015, 2:12 PM: »

Hi all.  I downloaded the ccloud channel and installed it.  I'm getting the channel list, but no identification of which channel is which.  Only, for example:  

What has to be done to get the channel names?  When I've randomly clicked on a channel, it has worked, but I don't have a way to see which is which...

Thanks!

Carlos

• hunie10hunie10 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2

Extracted the package renamed and moved to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins\CcloudTv.bundle yet I cant seem to find it once I restarted PMS like the instructions said. Any ideas?

• donovanbrockdonovanbrock Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    hunie10 wrote on June 22 2015, 5:08 PM: »

Extracted the package renamed and moved to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins\CcloudTv.bundle yet I cant seem to find it once I restarted PMS like the instructions said. Any ideas?

Per - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-I-find-the-Plug-Ins-folder-

Windows

The plug-ins folder on Windows is located inside of the user directory.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-Ins\

• TeknikalxTeknikalx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Hope someone has the answer to get channel names for this. Getting a lot of random errors on items that I don't get on my phone directly as well

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Members Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    carlosdesedas wrote on June 22 2015, 2:12 PM: »

Thanks!

Carlos

donovanbrock wrote on June 22 2015, 4:17 PM: »

I too receive the same...  

Teknikalx wrote on June 22 2015, 5:56 PM: »

Hope someone has the answer to get channel names for this. Getting a lot of random errors on items that I don't get on my phone directly as well

The Channel listing is based on the website that you enter under Preferences. If the App does not find a valid channel name it will make a name and thats why it shows the Channel number in parenthesis.

[attachment=51888:ccloudtv.jpg]

hunie10 wrote on June 22 2015, 5:08 PM: »

• Windows 7, Vista, or Server 2008:

C:\Users[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

• Windows XP, Server 2003, or Home Server:

C:\Documents and Settings[Your Username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

• Mac/Linux:

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Cheers,

CA

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

• hunie10hunie10 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2
    donovanbrock wrote on June 22 2015, 5:50 PM: »

Per - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-I-find-the-Plug-Ins-folder-

Windows

The plug-ins folder on Windows is located inside of the user directory.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-Ins\

Thanks that did it. No channel names yet but oh well

• TeknikalxTeknikalx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited June 2015

Yep, I'm showing the same, I can view the site with channels no problem.. I have to have my phone or my browser open to know what channels there are. It's quite frustrating but it works.. I moved my default folder to my cache drive so it's there installed and working but still.. I have it in every directory (plug-in directory in the appdata and in my cache drive) and still nothing :(

Ok guys, found the issue... something changed on their website. Will have an update out later today.

It a small fix from the looks of it, and for the daring:

Add this:

eachFetchUrl = GetRedirector(eachFetchUrl) here https://github.com/coder-alpha/CcloudTv.bundle/blob/master/Contents/Code/__init__.py#L136

PS: My browser also seems to be caching bad with threw me off :o :P

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

• jmackay411jmackay411 Members Posts: 1

I'm using the correct website under preferences and i am as well getting no names for the channels just numbers as listed above

coder-alpha wrote on June 22 2015, 6:58 PM: »

Ok guys, found the issue... something changed on their website. Will have an update out later today.

It a small fix from the looks of it, and for the daring:

Add this:

eachFetchUrl = GetRedirector(eachFetchUrl) here https://github.com/coder-alpha/CcloudTv.bundle/blob/master/Contents/Code/__init__.py#L136

PS: My browser also seems to be caching bad with threw me off :o :P

is this error you're talking about for the nameless channels? 

edited June 2015

Release Version 0.06 (June 21, 2015)

Bugfixes:

• Fixes website changes to retrieve channel names
    • Unretrieved channel names as 'Undefined Channel'
    • Page List of last page was not possible
    • Removed PlexPluginMode key

Let me know if things are back to normal ;)

If you tried the Auto-Updater do let me know how that went as well with OS and User/Admin type.

Cheers :)

• jwsolvejwsolve Members Posts: 355 ✭✭

I did a test on ubuntu for you, just wanted to let you know the updater says "Plugin updating requires root access" - not sure if you were getting that as well.

Like my channels? Buy me some cookies  ;)

Check out my other channels on github

jwsolve wrote on June 22 2015, 9:25 PM: »

I did a test on ubuntu for you, just wanted to let you know the updater says "Plugin updating requires root access" - not sure if you were getting that as well.

I'm still using a different updater which is based on SharkOne's BitTorrent channel code. It wasn't working for me on Linux and would throw an error regarding permissions. So I just added a check under Preferences as a stop gap measure. Could you try enabling the checkbox under Preferences and try on Linux.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

ah yeah, I didn't try that. I'll let you know.

Ok, I ticked the box and this is the message I got for the updater:-

Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/CcloudTv.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py'

Thanks, thats what I get as well under Linux.

I'll look into mikew's updater code when I get a chance next. Thanks for the info !

• zombianzombian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 343 Plex Pass
    Updated fine on windows 8

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• WpcrumbleyWpcrumbley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 417 Plex Pass
    I just donated to the cause. It wasn't much, but hopefully it will help in continuing the devolpment. It's defiantly in beta stage, but am excited where it may lead to.
  • djetainedjetaine Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass

Just wanted to throw this out there.

I installed the master from github into PMS but I wasnt able to actually update the URL from inside Plex for home theatre. I could type one in but as soon as i hit OK, it went back to google.com. 
    I had to update it through the web UI. 
    Not sure if this is normal behavior, but thats the way it worked for me. 

zombian wrote on June 22 2015, 9:56 PM: »

Updated fine on windows 8

Thanks !

Wpcrumbley wrote on June 23 2015, 2:29 AM: »

I just donated to the cause. It wasn't much, but hopefully it will help in continuing the devolpment. It's defiantly in beta stage, but am excited where it may lead to.

Thanks Wpcrumbley for your support. Though I am not involved with their website and/or content I do have a fork of the project code here https://github.com/coder-alpha/imbane.github.ioand this App will be kept compatible with its code structure. What I plan to add is more User control and what we Plexians love (metadata) :P

djetaine wrote on June 23 2015, 2:54 AM: »

Just wanted to throw this out there.

I installed the master from github into PMS but I wasnt able to actually update the URL from inside Plex for home theatre. I could type one in but as soon as i hit OK, it went back to google.com. 
    I had to update it through the web UI. 
    Not sure if this is normal behavior, but thats the way it worked for me. 

Thanks djetaine for that information. I am not sure why it wouldn't allow doing that using the PHT but I will put up that info in the first post.

Cheers,

CA