If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] CcloudTv Channel (IPTV)

Comments

• WpcrumbleyWpcrumbley Posts: 422Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Is there a way to do something about the Chanel names,
  • carlosdesedascarlosdesedas Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Coder Alpha.  Thanks for all your help.

So I just downloaded the latest bundle, rename the zip and copied over to my Plugins folder on Mac (where I had the previous one installed) and now I don't see the channel listed in Plex...  Any ideas?

Thanks

Carlos

• cihypancihypan Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2015

updated to latest and greatest (tm) on ubuntu - but still no channel names, all numbers

http://imgur.com/P1dtbSH

• riccochetriccochet Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    So i can install on PMS on Windows server 2008. In PHT I can get CcloudTv and and then the channel list refreshes, but any channel I select from the list just goes to the next screen where there is no cursor and i cannot select anything... I need to go back to the plex home screen before I get a cursor back.
  • coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭
    Wpcrumbley wrote on June 23 2015, 11:14 AM: »

Is there a way to do something about the Chanel names,

carlosdesedas wrote on June 23 2015, 1:53 PM: »

Hi Coder Alpha.  Thanks for all your help.

So I just downloaded the latest bundle, rename the zip and copied over to my Plugins folder on Mac (where I had the previous one installed) and now I don't see the channel listed in Plex...  Any ideas?

Thanks

Carlos

cihypan wrote on June 23 2015, 2:11 PM: »

updated to latest and greatest (tm) on ubuntu - but still no channel names, all numbers

http://imgur.com/P1dtbSH

Did you guys restart PMS ? From the image it looks like the old plugin is still running since now (version 0.06) Unretrieved channel names should be named as 'Undefined Channel' #

The Channel names will also persist in the plugins Dictionary until PMS is restarted. If you use the Refresh Channels option the latest listing will be retrieved.

riccochet wrote on June 23 2015, 3:04 PM: »

So i can install on PMS on Windows server 2008. In PHT I can get CcloudTv and and then the channel list refreshes, but any channel I select from the list just goes to the next screen where there is no cursor and i cannot select anything... I need to go back to the plex home screen before I get a cursor back.

PHT I dont think has a cursor. You need to use arrow keys for navigation. Can you be more descriptive if your issue still persists.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

• devindudemandevindudeman Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Updated to .6, restarted Plex, refreshed list, all channels are showing "undefined channel"

devindudeman wrote on June 23 2015, 11:59 PM: »

Updated to .6, restarted Plex, refreshed list, all channels are showing "undefined channel"

Can you restart Plex, then go into the plugin enter 'Channels' then do a refresh again using 'Refresh Channels' which is next to 'My Channel Pins' then click on Channel 02.

If you could then upload the log (com.plexapp.plugins.ccloudtv.log) under C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\ I'll try to diagnose the issue. I'm having a hard time replicating this on my end.

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

• cihypancihypan Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thanks coder-alpha

as i was collecting logs for you, i 'git pull'ed again in the Ccloud plug in folder and it updated 

after restarting PMS it all is good!!! 

thank you very much for your awesome work and assistance.

• futurepr0nfuturepr0n Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited June 2015

Great work man! I can confirm that it was working properly (yesterday) 0.6 on Ubuntu Plex Media Server to Plex Home Theatre running on my Mac Mini! I think to get the rtmp streams, I may need to install something else - but unsure if this is server side, or client side required. I just noticed some trouble with those streams.

One question - I was having trouble with the autoupdater. Plex runs under the plex:plex owner:group in ubuntu and I made the plugin also under that ownership and everything loaded up great. Not sure how I can get it to be root though and auto update but that would be awesome if you could link some instructions on how to. I mean that PMS itself runs under plex:plex, so if the plugin was under root:root would it auto update? Or is there a part of one of your scripts where we can plug in the root password?

futurepr0n wrote on June 25 2015, 11:25 PM: »

Great work man! I can confirm that it was working properly (yesterday) 0.6 on Ubuntu Plex Media Server to Plex Home Theatre running on my Mac Mini! I think to get the rtmp streams, I may need to install something else - but unsure if this is server side, or client side required. I just noticed some trouble with those streams.

One question - I was having trouble with the autoupdater. Plex runs under the plex:plex owner:group in ubuntu and I made the plugin also under that ownership and everything loaded up great. Not sure how I can get it to be root though and auto update but that would be awesome if you could link some instructions on how to. I mean that PMS itself runs under plex:plex, so if the plugin was under root:root would it auto update? Or is there a part of one of your scripts where we can plug in the root password?

Great to know its working well for you. As you might have notice the recent website changes were incompatible with 0.06... so there is a 0.07 version out already which addresses that. You might also notice that the PHT and PlexWeb interface will not play some (Cross domain issue) even though some other client like the Samsung Plex App or Android client plays it. The code that plays the streams is very much based on the IPTV plugin and the shortcoming of Plex will follow here as well. On that front rtmp and others will not work as of ever since webkit was dropped from Plex. However, they are in the code here and here and the reason is if you install an old version of PMS/PHT it probably might still work. You will need to read this section if you would like to do that. I do plan to implement a transcoder for unsupported formats in the future.

As of now the auto-updater does not work as expected under Linux but I've come across mikew's plex-updater repo thanks to jwsolve which seems to be platform independent without requiring root password and will try and merge that code into my existing updater. I don't like the idea of inputting a root level password into a plugin field.

By the way there is an option under the Plugin Preferences for Linux. Since you have set the permissions manually, try enabling that option and then does the plugin update under Linux using the updater ?

• ronnycopehronnycopeh Posts: 122Members ✭✭

Thanks, working for me on CoStar

Windows 10 Pro 64bit , Firefox 52.02, OE 6, IE11, 8GB Ram, 150mg DSL, 1THD, Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11, Windows Firewall, Winpatrol Plus, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on demand,
    "Worry about nothing, Pray about anything and Thank God for everything"

• PupCryptonPupCrypton Posts: 1Members
    edited June 2015

Doesn't work, never did. Bitdefender blocks channel refresh. Says page is infected. Tries to go to (for example) sn.im.shcaptainamerica

Yes. Installed correct. Yes, everything set right. But this has got me stumped.

Plex on PC, using through Roku 3, US

• futurepr0nfuturepr0n Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    coder-alpha wrote on June 26 2015, 12:28 AM: »

Great to know its working well for you. As you might have notice the recent website changes were incompatible with 0.06... so there is a 0.07 version out already which addresses that. You might also notice that the PHT and PlexWeb interface will not play some (Cross domain issue) even though some other client like the Samsung Plex App or Android client plays it. The code that plays the streams is very much based on the IPTV plugin and the shortcoming of Plex will follow here as well. On that front rtmp and others will not work as of ever since webkit was dropped from Plex. However, they are in the code here and here and the reason is if you install an old version of PMS/PHT it probably might still work. You will need to read this section if you would like to do that. I do plan to implement a transcoder for unsupported formats in the future.

As of now the auto-updater does not work as expected under Linux but I've come across mikew's plex-updater repo thanks to jwsolve which seems to be platform independent without requiring root password and will try and merge that code into my existing updater. I don't like the idea of inputting a root level password into a plugin field.

By the way there is an option under the Plugin Preferences for Linux. Since you have set the permissions manually, try enabling that option and then does the plugin update under Linux using the updater ?

I am going to update manually in the meantime - the Linux plugin preferences does have that option for upgrade but it does say in parenthesis Root required and Im just not sure that would be possible since plex runs under a special user.. but I could be wrong. 

I probably won't get too deep into installing an older PMS although I never realized that it there may be reasons for why to stay on a previous version. Damn... Ah well, hopefully you come through for us ;) hah. 

Again, thanks for the wicked work. I'll keep testing. Hopefully the service from ccloud can get some stability too. Cheers! thanks

• strohjstrohj Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just donated, cos this is a awesome plugin!!

• offerman7offerman7 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

BitDefender was causing the issue where the channel names weren't being shown.  Now, the channels appear just fine.

• PusspawsPusspaws Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I dont understand what you mean by "Set the cCloud Tv web url before usage without trailing slash under Preferences"..   where do I do this please.. sorry i'm a nooby at this :-))

• Wolf_BrotherWolf_Brother Posts: 179Members ✭✭
    Pusspaws wrote on June 28 2015, 5:31 PM: »

I dont understand what you mean by "Set the cCloud Tv web url before usage without trailing slash under Preferences"..   where do I do this please.. sorry i'm a nooby at this :-))

On the channel logo on the home screen or the channels section click on the cogwheel icon and it opens up a preferences dialog box. In there is a box to put the website address url.

http://ccloud.corrent.org

• C H I L LC H I L L Posts: 112Members ✭✭
    edited June 2015

None of the channels are working for me in Roku through Plex for more than two weeks. Is there fix to this?

If there is a working update is it on the first page or is it in a post somewhere else?

PupCrypton wrote on June 28 2015, 12:42 AM: »

Doesn't work, never did. Bitdefender blocks channel refresh. Says page is infected. Tries to go to (for example) sn.im.shcaptainamerica

Yes. Installed correct. Yes, everything set right. But this has got me stumped.

Plex on PC, using through Roku 3, US

I am not familiar with Bitdefender or why it would be blocking. Another Bitdefender user seems to have reported it seems to be working fine now. From what I know there are no ads there that might be an issue. But since I'm not involved with the website content I cant say more.

offerman7 wrote on June 28 2015, 5:01 PM: »

BitDefender was causing the issue where the channel names weren't being shown.  Now, the channels appear just fine.

Thanks for confirming !

C H I L L wrote on June 28 2015, 11:18 PM: »

None of the channels are working for me in Roku through Plex for more than two weeks. Is there fix to this?

If there is a working update is it on the first page or is it in a post somewhere else?

The latest update (which will always be available from the first page) should be the one that works best. From what Users have reported today it seems to be working fine. I do strongly suggest if you are having issues after an update to:

1. Do a clean manual install if previous used the Auto-Updater.

2. Restart Plex server

If you can share the channel and system log I can have a look at whats going on. Also, a little more info on your PMS and Client would help. And most importantly do you have the same issue when using a different client like a web browser. Please do keep in mind channels that dont work using the regular website will obviously not work. From what I have observed the starting channels 1-5 are always stable and good for testing. Can you test those before sharing the logs.

strohj wrote on June 28 2015, 2:35 PM: »

I just donated, cos this is a awesome plugin!!

Thank you strohj for your very generous donation. I'm happy it is working well for you.

Cheers,

CA :)

• C H I L LC H I L L Posts: 112Members ✭✭

It's all good. Somehow a Plex reboot doesn't help. Had to reboot computer. Doesn't work in plex Roku app. Works with the app Plex Rarflix. Thanks for getting back to me on this.