If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] CcloudTv Channel (IPTV)

Comments

• many7695many7695 Posts: 237Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

great job in updating your channel. one question that I have? is that I wasn't able to update the channel through my ipad or android, it was done through the plex web, is this a problem that you know of, or is it the way is supposed to update.

My Plex Family
    running plex server on windows 10 HP
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
    Appletv 4 currently my favorite
  • coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 649Members ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

The updater should work from any client that has the appropriate Plex admin rights. I haven't tested this aspect but will do so with my Android. The only thing to keep in mind is after an update, based on some types of changes that might have gone in the plugin a server restart might be required.

• There is a minor bug with genre list. It is not refreshed (old section items don't get deleted, new one do get added) with the Refresh Beta Channel option

Cheers,
    CA

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

Release Version 0.11 (July 29, 2015)

Fixes:

• Genre list not refreshed (old section items don't get deleted, new one do get added)

New:

• Updater (red icon when update available & text feedback)

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

@many7695
    Updated my plugin (Ubuntu Plex server) from my Android. No issues. Ver. 0.10 did warrant a server restart and that might have been the issue. Let me know if this update works fine when updated from a client other than Plex web.

Cheers,
    CA

edited July 2015

when I tried to update through ios or android it would say please enable via access control, which I went to I entered the default number, went back to update plugin which would tell me again to update via access control.

I just tried again on my android after I entered the default number I killed the the app went back to update plugin and I was able to see update plugin and pre relapse dialog, then I checked on iOS where I didn't even have to enter the default number it was giving me the information same to update and pre release

My Plex Family
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast

so it seems for Android and iOS the Menu is built once, so if you go to set temporary access key then go back up level to Menu where the Updater is, its not updated based on the check that access in now granted. However, if you exit the App (no need to kill the App) and try again or when you tried with a second device the Menu + Updater was setup based on the granted access. I'll see what I can do for this in the next release.

• romrom Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

has anybody had any luck getting this working on plexconnect? i currently have zero channels functioning.

• matrixebizmatrixebiz Posts: 225Members ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Hello, when I'm trying to access the channel I'm getting an error about unable to contact server, check Internet connection or port but all other aspects of Plex works. This is from the main computer webportal

• braintumorbraintumor Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@rom said:
    has anybody had any luck getting this working on plexconnect? i currently have zero channels functioning.

It works on plexconnect, but the channel refresh doesn't work and i will end up with 0 channels. Is this a bug?

Solution for now is to refresh the channels or update on plex web and then use plexconnect just for viewing the channels.

@rom & @braintumor

Can you confirm this issue with the latest ver. 0.11. Also, 'Refresh Channels' will not work anymore 'Refresh Beta Channels' is what needs to be used to get the listing. Can you try it with its dedicated button within the plugin.

I'm not sure if this is a plexconnect specific bug but if someone would like to share their logs I can look into this.

• brendan207brendan207 Posts: 1Members ✭✭

So, I downloaded the githrub file and unzipped it, and then I copied it to C:/Program files/Plex MS/Resources/Plugins. I know it says to do it under Users/USERNAME/ect, but my Media Server for whatever reason is downloaded under program files instead of my username. But anyways, I copy it there and change the name, but when I go to my Plex Server in chrome I don't see anything with Ccloud come up, I've gone through literally every setting to try and find a work around, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

• bevanpfcbevanpfc Posts: 212Members ✭✭

@brendan207 said:
    So, I downloaded the githrub file and unzipped it, and then I copied it to C:/Program files/Plex MS/Resources/Plugins. I know it says to do it under Users/USERNAME/ect, but my Media Server for whatever reason is downloaded under program files instead of my username. But anyways, I copy it there and change the name, but when I go to my Plex Server in chrome I don't see anything with Ccloud come up, I've gone through literally every setting to try and find a work around, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Try restarting the plex media server.

@brendan207

The Plex Media Server resides where you have pointed. The Plex Plugin are located where its mentioned in the instructions.

Or you can right click and open the Plugin Folder from its tray icon.

and put there.

Cheers,
    CA

edited August 2015

Release Version 0.12 (Aug 02, 2015)

Update will require Plex server restart due to new import (Edit)

Fixes:

• Plugin Update using Android/iOS using Temp. Access

New:

• 'Recent' menu for viewing latest channels

Changes:

• Single method for getting Channel Listing
    • Sort Genre titles alphabetically
    • Don't list Channels that are Undefined/empty (reduce list size)

Note: I wont be posting about new release versions in a new post now on. I think the Plugin's update system should be good enough. The main page (1st post) will have the latest plugin version info.

Cheers,
    CA

• TimsGiantsTimsGiants Posts: 22Members ✭✭

updated to .12 and now ccloud doesn't show up in my channels...all others do

that happened to me as well, I went to plex plugins folder dropped ccloud folder into my desktop and then put back ccloud folder into the plex plugin folder and ccloud channel started to show again.

My Plex Family
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
  • matrixebizmatrixebiz Posts: 225Members ✭✭

Hello, I keep getting an error;
    This channel is not responding.

Any ideas?

• C H I L LC H I L L Posts: 112Members ✭✭
    edited August 2015

@coder-alpha said:

Note: I wont be posting about new release versions in a new post now on. I think the Plugin's update system should be good enough. The main page (1st post) will have the latest plugin version info.

Cheers,
    CA

The plugin update doesn't seem to work. There are a few channels that seem to work within 48 hours and it's been days that any of them work. Most channels have been down for at least 5 days.

edited August 2015

@C H I L L

I have a feeling you are confusing the Plugin update with channels not being updated on their website. Please note its unrelated.

@matrixebiz

I hope a Plex server restart resolved your issue otherwise please provide more information.

The website has now added '.m3u' and '.mp4' links. I've added support for mp4 files but support for m3u files might be device dependent.

• WhyQWhyQ Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Hello,

I was able to add the Ccloud to Plex Media Server (running in my laptop Windows 7) and got the channel list displayed. However when I am playing a channel in Plex, the video is in slow motion but audio is fine. Some channels are OK but most play in slow motion.

Any idea? Thanks.

I want to make sure all works within plex before pay for Vizio TV. plex app.