If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

REQ: Detect collaborations in music files / Show songs from compilations

mbirthmbirth Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Two requests:

1. Plex should detect collaborations, e.g. songs from "D.Kay and DJ Lee", "D.Kay & Epsilon" and "D.Kay and Mat" should all be shown under the artist "D.Kay" and each under the other collaborator's name, too. Currently, Plex creates 3 artists in the form "D.Kay and xxx".

This should also detect featured artists in the Artist- as well as the Title-tag. E.g. Artist: "xxx feat. yyy" or Title "songtitle (featuring yyy)". 

2. Tracks from compilations ("Various Artists") should also appear on the artists's page. So that I can find all songs from e.g. "TC" on their artist page instead of having to search for "TC" and find various songs with "TC" in the title.

PMS (Docker) on Synology DS415+, 8GB RAM, 8TB HDD (SHR)

Clients: Chromecast, Amazon FireTV, Android phones/tablets

Tagged:

Comments

• zuz_242zuz_242 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I second this request, esp. the issue about the "various artists" / album artist.

it might add some complexity to the database and metadata gathering but otherwise my complilations are not fully usable.

• puggletpugglet Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

me too, would be really helpful.... collabs make my library impossible to sort