Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XPlay (WebOS)

Comments

• ianajhianajh Posts: 3 ✭✭

Are you planning to add substitles and audio support soon?
    I hope that substitles come with size and color options.

• bublikoffbublikoff Posts: 1,277 Plex Pass

@zarech said:
    I can not send an MP , I would like to test the app .

You are welcome ... over email?

He is able to see plex from a remote server ?

yep ... but u should setup your server correctly

@ianajh said:
    Are you planning to add substitles and audio support soon?

Yes, just have lack of time to finish it

I hope that substitles come with size and color options.

I can add options for subtitles
    Any aspect of how it works can be putted to settings ... just ask)

• zarechzarech Posts: 6 ✭✭

yep, you can send me to zarech_nigro@hotmail.com
    thanks

• pk24ukpk24uk Posts: 9 ✭✭

hi if anymore tests available would love to test this , use plex on 2 nowtv boxes daily (1 for kids and 1 for us) so would get a good testing on my LG tv

hope to test soon

sorry cant pm same permission problem ?

so if you can email it would be great
    pk24uk@gmail.com

cheers

• vecvec Posts: 1 ✭✭

Does channels work?

@vec said:
    Does channels work?

nope ... at least for the moment .. maybe in the nearest future))

• MegaDiabloMegaDiablo Posts: 104 ✭✭

@bublikoff said:
    Sorry Guys ... cant send private messages over PM ... "Permission Problem" ... don't know what does it mean.

Try use private group on Google+
    And public link on build in the group. I think it can help you with restrictions send PM.

@MegaDiablo said:
    And public link on build in the group. I think it can help you with restrictions send PM.

thx for the tip but but now everything is ok) at least almost all bugs and problems where fixed ... at least I hope) except subtitles and audio tracks switching ... it requires transcoding and higher CPU usage ... but I cant do anything with it ... it a limitation of built-in video player. but if your server is power enough its not a problem) and if not ... so those functionality would not be available) and direct play will be used

LOOKING FOR NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER to test and check for misspelling =)

• landtlandt Posts: 52 Plex Pass

Bublikoff - that's me.

So I tested this last night. Great client.

• I was having aspect ratio problems with the official client, XPLAY displays perfectly.
    • I like the similarity to Plex Web
    • I think it would be cool if while watching something, a simple click on the remote's OK button would pause the stream, even if the control bar was hidden.
    • I think after having finished watching something, the Watched status could refresh automatically.
    • I think when coming back to the Homepage after watching something the OnDeck status could refresh automatically.

Those are my points. Great app!

@landt said:
    Bublikoff - that's me.

So I tested this last night. Great client.

First of all thx for your feedback

• I was having aspect ratio problems with the official client, XPLAY displays perfectly.
    • I like the similarity to Plex Web
    • I think it would be cool if while watching something, a simple click on the remote's OK button would pause the stream, even if the control bar was hidden.

u can use click on movie to pause it using magic remote ... because remote control is not fully supported for the moment. Only native buttons like "Play", "Pause" and etc

• I think after having finished watching something, the Watched status could refresh automatically.
    • I think when coming back to the Homepage after watching something the OnDeck status could refresh automatically.

probably u have tested and old version) for the moment after u stop or you having finished watching movie it refreshes movie details page (except home screen .. ). I was thinking about refreshing home screen also ... but maybe I'll do it in the background thread to not to block user navigation while trying to find what to watch))

Those are my points. Great app!

• TuljoTuljo Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hi I would like to test the app, i am already using new plex on webos and playz. Thanks.

@Tuljo said:
    Hi I would like to test the app, i am already using new plex on webos and playz. Thanks.

Hi ... I suppose you will have to wait the first part of August .. I'm going to make it public
    All features that I've planed to implement in the initial version done ... there are remain some "queues" bugs that must be fixed

• braulio_holtzbraulio_holtz Posts: 6 ✭✭

I would love to be able to test, and if I find improvements give you some support

@braulio_holtz said:
    I would love to be able to test, and if I find improvements give you some support

Hi ... I'm planing to push demo to LG store in a day ... but don't know how long will it take to be available for installation in LG Store
    For the moment all is done ... just code optimization and making UI work smoother

edited August 2015

It seams to me that it will take long time to approve app to put it to LG Store ... so in this case who want to try XPlay ... fully function demo in the first post

edited August 2015

Does anybody have TV on NetCast platform? Looking for someone to test XPlay on NetCast platform with 720p resolution

• valcovovalcovo Posts: 19 ✭✭

@bublikoff said:
    Does anybody have TV on NetCast platform? Looking for someone to test XPlay on NetCast platform

Hi, i can test, if you send me the link.

Thanks

• rebberebbe Posts: 20 ✭✭

@bublikoff said:
    Does anybody have TV on NetCast platform? Looking for someone to test XPlay on NetCast platform with 720p resolution

Hi...
    I have a LG47LM660 from 2012 (platform is Netcast 3.0).
    I would like to test and compare to LG's own Medialink, which I have been running with a Synology Plex server.