Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XPlay (WebOS)

Comments

• bublikoffbublikoff Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,291 Plex Pass

@rebbe said:
    I would like to test and compare to LG's own Medialink, which I have been running with a Synology Plex server.

Hi ... I need more time to understand how to run it on netcast platform .. just have tried it on on emulator)

• NielsvkNielsvk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

Will XPlay work on a WebOS 2.0 television?

@Nielsvk said:
    Will XPlay work on a WebOS 2.0 television?

It should work well on any version of WebOS. I have no problem running it on WebOS 2.0 emulator ... at least u can try)

• TodesengelTodesengel Members Posts: 1 ✭✭

Got my hands on your demo today, testing it on my 50LB652T-TB as we speak, going good so far, awesome app!. From South Africa, would not mind paying for the app when you release it :-).

@Todesengel said:
    Got my hands on your demo today, testing it on my 50LB652T-TB as we speak, going good so far, awesome app!. From South Africa, would not mind paying for the app when you release it :-).

thx ... I'm going to release it immediately after demo version will be available in LG Store
    In 1 or 2 days I'm going add ordinary remote support for navigation

1.0.8 added limited support of ordinary remote control (testing proof of concept of handling arrow keys)
    PS
    Magic remote (PC mouse) is still the most comfortable method of controlling XPlay =)

• simonjhogansimonjhogan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 909 Plex Pass

just a heads up your logo will violate Plex.Inc branding guidelines ...

• XruchaiXruchai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

Very nice work, thanks for this! But...can you please add DTS and DD support? Over DLNA i have dts and DD support (Plex Server-DLNA---->TV--->Optical out--->Soundsystem). Sry for my english ^^.

edited August 2015

We can try) but for the moment I need to deal with LG QA team and solve the case with the logo violate Plex.Inc branding guidelines ))
    PS
    I just need Home Theater to test it))

Oh okay, good luck! What can we do with the Home Theater problem? I would help you but i dont have much money =(

I'll try to ask some ppl to borrow it for a while) but not now sorry =(

np and thx =)

• podtaljepodtalje Members Posts: 2 ✭✭

I also tested the application.

The only thing I miss is Browse by folder. I have a lot of different cartoons which are organized in folders and it is a little difficult to browse through them when they are all shown in alphabetical order.

Otherwise the application is really great.

@podtalje said:
    I also tested the application.

The only thing I miss is Browse by folder. I have a lot of different cartoons which are organized in folders and it is a little difficult to browse through them when they are all shown in alphabetical order.

Otherwise the application is really great.

Hi ... ye ... why not, let's plan to add support for navigating by folders

• sbromulosbromulo Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello bublikoff. Do you still use icq?? Anyway, I made some tests with the version 1.0.10. None of my movies are playing with transcoding being performed on television. All of they are transcoded on PMS. This is correct? The T letter searching on the bottom of the screen is on the wrong position, and the letter Z is missing. Thanks for the ordinary remote navigation, this let me use my Logitech Harmony.

• podtaljepodtalje Members Posts: 2 ✭✭

Another possible improvement, of course if possible, is if you are on the most right content and press right button on the remote, it would show next page of movies. This would greatly improve the experience of browsing movies when you are using ordinary remote.

There is a little consistency problem with this because I guess it would be a little difficult to implement similar functionality when moving left because you need an option to get to the left menu.

One suggestion would be that if you are on the first page and pressing left, it would go to the left menu. And if you are on some other page, you could first go up and then left to reach the left menu.

As an alternative, another option would be to use Back button to go to the left menu.

This is of course just a suggestion ...

Hi podtalje

@podtalje said:
    Another possible improvement, of course if possible, is if you are on the most right content and press right button on the remote, it would show next page of movies. This would greatly improve the experience of browsing movies when you are using ordinary remote.

There is a little consistency problem with this because I guess it would be a little difficult to implement similar functionality when moving left because you need an option to get to the left menu.

One suggestion would be that if you are on the first page and pressing left, it would go to the left menu. And if you are on some other page, you could first go up and then left to reach the left menu.

As an alternative, another option would be to use Back button to go to the left menu.

This is of course just a suggestion ...

I was thinking about it ... but ... it will be a half-solution without left side page scrolling. And this may bring some uncertainty. So ... as a variant I can add page scrolling to previous and next buttons ... on magic remote it can be programmed to the color keys for eg. The main problem with arrow keys navigation (specially on the ordinary remote) is to make quite smart and universal algorithm that would find correct element of UI to give focus to it. And I also had to hide search field to decrease virtual keyboard popup while arrow key navigation ... And there are a lot of more aspects that I have to take into consideration

edited August 2015

I have a second question....can you add HEVC support? Your app and the Official Beta Plex app don´t support the direct stream for that (SmartShare too). PlayZ Media app support it but i would like to use your app (smoother, nicer). I test it with a Hevc 10bit file.

HEVC must be supported by WebOS to play it on TV ... otherwise it must be transcended in order to be played on TV ... I can only tune transcoding setting. But I need to test it. PM me if u can share such media file.

edited August 2015

My tv support HEVC. Over usb i have no problem and with PlayZ too (without transcoding). Nice! later i send you a PM with a file. =)

UPDATE:
    I have a LG UB850v that support HEVC 60p