Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XPlay (WebOS)

Comments

• sinmote69sinmote69 Members Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Hello bublikoff.
    I have downloaded and unzipped the file. Then I transfer the folder to a USB and connected to the TV.
    I searched the application with the menu on the TV but I can not find it.
    Can you tell me what I do wrong?

Thanks for your great work.
    Sorry for my English.

• bublikoffbublikoff Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,306 Plex Pass

Hi ... directory structure shiuld be like this
    [USB DRIVE] :\developer\apps\usr\palm\applications\com.itkey.plexclient ....

as u can see "developer" folder from zip file must be in the root of a USB drive

XPlay (3rd party plex client for LG Smart TV)

PLEX SERVER: Case: CHENBRO ES34069-BK-180 Board: ASRock QC5000-ITX RAM: 8GB Storage: 1x4TB + 2x2TB OS: CentOS 7.1

• sinmote69sinmote69 Members Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Thanks for your quick response.
    The application is already installed. Some videos do not play.
    I do not find the video channels (vevo, mtv).
    Anyway, the application promises to be quite good.

Kind regards and thank you very much.

Some videos do not play.

I need more details to fix this situation. If u want ... just PM me

I do not find the video channels (vevo, mtv).

It does not support channels ... just media files that u store on PMS side

PLEX SERVER: Case: CHENBRO ES34069-BK-180 Board: ASRock QC5000-ITX RAM: 8GB Storage: 1x4TB + 2x2TB OS: CentOS 7.1

Version bump)) so ... since 1.0.14 ordinary remote control is fully supported ... at least I hope its so and I did not miss anything important))
    And scroll pages can be done with previous/next/rewind/forward or color keys. Action for your favorite color keys can be assigned on settings screen
    PS
    UI is not optimized to used with arrow keys navigation. I've tried to do all my best to make it comfortable as much as possible

Does anybody have 4K models?

• XruchaiXruchai Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

I have a 4k TV----> UB850v, why?

@Xruchai said:
    I have a 4k TV----> UB850v, why?

Does XPlay looks ok? does it scale UI? Can u make photo of XPlay UI?

sure, i send it in 5-10 mins (as PM)

• jkspepperjkspepper Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi, I received a new LG TV as a replacement for an old pre-webOS model. I used the built in Plex software.

Now I have a 49UF8500 2015 webOS 2.0 model and I no built in Plex. Researfching online I found PlayZ but I am finding it not satisfying.

I would love to help you test this version.

Thanks.

@jkspepper said:
    Hi, I received a new LG TV as a replacement for an old pre-webOS model. I used the built in Plex software.

Now I have a 49UF8500 2015 webOS 2.0 model and I no built in Plex. Researfching online I found PlayZ but I am finding it not satisfying.

I would love to help you test this version.

Thanks.

Hi ... why not ... u can find demo at the first post ... and small instruction how to run it on TV

• jkspepperjkspepper Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

Very very nice.

On my 4k TV, the initial sign in screen is slow and laggy but useable. Otherwise so far, it's looking good. Will carry on using and feedback as I go along.

Whan is the expected release date?

@jkspepper said:
    On my 4k TV, the initial sign in screen is slow and laggy

Its because it searches for correct PMS IP ... it gets IP list from Plex Account and checks them ... but if u have static PMS IP u need to sign only once ... it will store it in settings

PS
    media posters also can be quite slow ... it's speed depends on how powerful is your PMS ....
    "Dashboard" is also became visible before XPlay got information from PMS about recent media

edited August 2015

Experimenting with video controls ... I've changed it to looks more "LG style" https://mega.co.nz/#!GoVFkLiR!ijDCt0Bqm8UZpM139_TzAQgTdX4FJpp1WROTHWpWkdA

so I need some feedback) should I keep this variant or get back to the previous)

edited August 2015

I found the old controls are better. On my TV the new one are to big....I love to see that you add the option to disable the Theme sound only! I don´t know why but it seems direct play is faster in this version, what is very nice.

Summary:

Pro--------------
    DTS / DD support with direct play--------------------------------------------------->work
    use TV decoder at direct play (HEVC 10bit, h264, and many more)--------->work
    UI scaling and speed------------------------------------------------------------------->nice and fast
    disable the theme sound only-------------------------------------------------------->nice and work

Con-------------

The new video controls are to big. The old one are much better (fits better into the overall picture / experience)

I'm happy to see that you bring our ideas and offers to life! =)

edited August 2015

hehe))) size can be adjusted but ok) i get back to the old variant)

I don´t know why but it seems direct play is faster in this version,

I did not change anything in playing progress)) it may depends on different thing) What bandwidth LAN for this moment ... WiFi ... and etc)) If TV already worked for some time before u run XPlay may also affect to UI and playing speed

PS
    Ive also added random media arts at main screen)) U can also now force update main screen by clicking posters area or just wait 20 seconds for auto update

edited August 2015

@bublikoff said:
    I did not change anything in playing progress)) it may depends on different thing) What bandwidth LAN for > this moment ... WiFi ... and etc)) If TV already worked for some time before u run XPlay may also affect to > UI and playing speed

That can be^^.....Anyway, the UI responds quickly and I am very satisfied with your app.

@bublikoff said:
    Ive also added random media arts at main screen)) U can also now force update main screen by clicking
    posters area or just wait 20 seconds for auto update

okay, i will show/try it later ;)

• NielsvkNielsvk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

Bublikoff, most of the people only watch the last page of an topic. I think not everybody is aware of the fact that you are posting new versions of your Xplay app on a daily base by editing your first post.
    Maybe an idea to post your new versions in a new post at the end.

Mega.co.nz gives me most of the time an download error.

@Nielsvk said:
    Bublikoff, most of the people only watch the last page of an topic. I think not everybody is aware of the fact that you are posting new versions of your Xplay app on a daily base by editing your first post.
    Maybe an idea to post your new versions in a new post at the end.

Ok, I'll inform about version bump) but for the moment are really not important just some UI experiments and improvements BUT every new upper version resets demo period)

Mega.co.nz gives me most of the time an download error.

Hmm ... probably it's problem with your computer because you are the first person who reported about this problem. BUT welcome to mediafire))) http://www.mediafire.com/download/ybj5ao0pf0majm0/XPlay-1.0.15-20150813-01-Demo.zip