If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BETA] Night for KODI

bkurybkury Posts: 393Members ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Night

Night v2.0 for Kodi

(with PleXBMC / EMBY Support)

NOTE:

This is a BETA version and should only be used by people who want to play around with the latest KODI/PLEXBMC/EMBY integration. The final v2.0 will work perfectly fine with PHT and KODI but right now I don't recommend to use this beta version with PHT. I'm focusing on KODI and I also don't test every KODI change I make in PHT ...

DOWNLOADs:

For now use this version of plexbmc, it has some fixes and I will try to further improve support for dynamic lists which currently (I think) only Night is using for decks ...

Night Skin v1.8.6  |  Support Thread  |  Github

OpenWeatherMap Channel  |  Github

OpenPHT  |  Github  |  Development Builds

Please consider to support my work, thank you!

btn_donate_SMgif

Comments

• DwainnDwainn Posts: 363Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Emby no longer requires a custom skin so don't waste your time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  • bkurybkury Posts: 393Members ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

Well, that's not entirely true if you want to use multiple emby sections ... The "integrated / working with every skin" emby sync solution is nice for people who don't care about different sections but (my guess is) for a lot of people this just isn't enough.

Take me for example, I have video sections for TV (german), TV (english), Movies (german), Movies (English) and a lot of people have even more sections like Kids TV, Kids Movies and so on. That means without skin modifications e.g. all your EMBY movie sections will end up in one KODI section which most people really don't want ...

So, even with the new emby kodi addon you will need to have a slightly modified skin to support separate emby sections within kodi (which Night v2.0 does), in addition to that you will also get a "In Progress" and "Recently Added" Deck for every EMBY section. 

btn_donate_SMgif

• DwainnDwainn Posts: 363Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2015

Sections already work in the new plugin using  tags but the skin must have the ability to create shortcuts on the homescreen then all you do is create a shortcut to that tag. The default kodi skin  does not have that ability but many others do and I thought you were referring to using the old plugin. I don't think it is still being developed.

edited June 2015
    Deihmos wrote on June 26 2015, 12:42 AM: »

Sections already work in the new plugin using  tags but the skin must have the ability to create shortcuts on the homescreen then all you do is create a shortcut to that tag. The default kodi skin  does not have that ability but many others do and I thought you were referring to using the old plugin. I don't think it is still being developed.

Well, I still don't think it's very user friendly if you have to manually create shortcuts for each EMBY section and with this solution you are still missing out on "In Progress" and "Recently Added" Decks & Fanart Slideshows for each EMBY section ... This feature is already/still in the new emby addon, will try to get some answers regarding the future of this functionality from a developer.

Anyway, for me it makes much more sense to add ~150 lines of code to my skin so that users get all EMBY sections with Deck and Fanart automatically ...

btn_donate_SMgif

• dAvE157dAvE157 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, First of all great work keeping the Night skin alive for Kodi. :D I am currently running the v1.8.6 on Kodi 14.2 Helix and wanted to try the v2.0 BETA but the link is down/dead. I know theres a separate thread for suggestions but I wanted to know if its possible to add programs/scripts to the custom home menu options and also support for trailers within movie info section. Thanks

edited October 2015

@dAvE157 said:
    Hi, First of all great work keeping the Night skin alive for Kodi. :D I am currently running the v1.8.6 on Kodi 14.2 Helix and wanted to try the v2.0 BETA but the link is down/dead. I know theres a separate thread for suggestions but I wanted to know if its possible to add programs/scripts to the custom home menu options and also support for trailers within movie info section. Thanks

Yes, the link is dead because the new forum software doesn't allow me to edit my own thread posts ... here is the new link :
    skin.night-v2.0-beta1.zip

NOTE: This is already an outdated version. Right now I'm working really hard to get the "new" v2.0 beta ready for day to day use, some changes are:

• New OnScreen Keyboard (with KODI Support, Selectable Size, Selectable Position (up/center/down), Selectable Colors, Selectable Opacity)
    • New Context / Viewmode / Filter Menu (everything nicely combined on one screen)
    • New Color Settings (let's you choose a different color for almost every UI element)
    • Re-skinned a couple of KODI dialogs (still a few to go)
    • Background option to show NowPlaying Fanart and Video
    • A couple of other (small) nifty features which I think you are going to like ...

but I wanted to know if it`s possible to add programs/scripts to the custom home menu options and also support for trailers within movie info section.

This should already be possible with the KODI "favourites" feature. Just add the plugin to favorites (Context Menu --> Add to favorites) and then use the "Custom Home Favorite" feature in Night to show it in your home menu. You could even add a Deck/Widget with more links directly attached to this new home menu entry.

btn_donate_SMgif

• dAvE157dAvE157 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the updated link! :D I do remember being able to add programs as favorites. I will give that a try. Keep up the good work!!

• vdimitrovvdimitrov Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

Thank you for the great skin. I am using ver 2.0 (beta 1) with OpenPHT 1.5.2 and it works great, however there is one issue. The "i" codec info when watching a movie does not show correctly as the new versions of OpenPHT have the info on 6 lines, but the skin only allows 4 so there is some text overlapping.

Which .xml has the CodecInfo to fix the issue?