If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexPy - Another Plex Monitoring Program

Comments

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,547Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@thegodsquirrel said:
    @JonnyWong16

I try to be a good boy and read the FAQ. I have tried all those things. I generally don't go to the forums until I have exhausted all other options. It is worth noting that I have all the boxes checked, I have restarted, I have unchecked all the boxes, I have tried other settings, I get test emails, and other notifications just not the recently added.

Post screenshots of the three things mentioned in the FAQ.

PlexPy - Developer | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Gitter | Discord | Donate: Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

• thegodsquirrelthegodsquirrel Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 11

I do believe that these are the settings you're referring to.

@thegodsquirrel said:

You didn't screenshot clicking the bell icon.

PlexPy - Developer | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Gitter | Discord | Donate: Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

edited August 11

@JonnyWong16 said:

@thegodsquirrel said:

Sorry, I forgot that one.

@thegodsquirrel said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@thegodsquirrel said:

Sorry, I forgot that one.

You still haven't clicked the bell icon yet.

edited August 11

@JonnyWong16 said:

You still haven't clicked the bell icon yet.

Well, now I am incredibly embarrassed. I misremembered from 2 years ago (when I installed PP) that the bell turned on and off the notification agent; I don't remember it having settings inside it. I feel really dumb for not just clicking on it to see. But hey, at least you helped me troubleshoot it even though I didn't even live up to my own thoroughness. -15 internet points for /me.

Thank you very much!!!

• smarks59smarks59 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Random question, is there anyway to extract the raw data? I tried searching but didn't see anything on the UI.

I'm looking in this case to extract specific user data since PlexPy started tracking it, about 2 years ago.

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 2,652Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@smarks59 - 'Extract'? Not really without using an SQLLite manager app. Plexpy doesn't have an export capability.
    You can easily view a users history 100 items to a page, and perhaps copy paste if there were only a few, by going to Users - selecting the user you want, then selecting 'history' from that user's page.

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K, 16GB DDR3 SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.9.5
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 4TB RAID1 (Intel) + 4 x 4TB RAID5 (QNAP w/HGST drives)
    Shares - From: 1  - To: 20(6) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~25mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - PlexPy - UASv2 - PlexEmail - SS Plex - FMoviesPlus - G2G.FM
  • bdrummbdrumm Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13

@JonnyWong16 said:

@bdrumm said:
    PlexPy Developer JonnyWong16, Please look into this.

Rainmeter Developer Conversation about this Issue:
    Rainmeter Forum Post

I am making an skin for rainmeter and it would not parse the API return for full_title correctly for the name of the Movie / Episode.

Link to Skin / App:
    Reddit PlexPy Desktop Monitoring

Thanks, this is a bug. Please submit a bug report on GitHub.

Edit: Please don't format your post like that. Making it big and orange is annoying.

Thank you for the formatting tips. I will note that for future posts..

I understand that it is a bug, are there any similar posts to this that you are aware of?

When & if I get a chance. I will submit a bug report.

• OckingshayOckingshay Posts: 278Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13

This has been happening for a very long time now, but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else?

The page will load fine but if somebody is watching something, once the page has loaded, everything disappears except for the thumbnail.

This happens in iOS safari only.

All other pages load ok, it’s just the home page. Libraries, users, history etc are all fine.

• WpcrumbleyWpcrumbley Posts: 422Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Ockingshay said:

This has been happening for a very long time now, but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else?

The page will load fine but if somebody is watching something, once the page has loaded, everything disappears except for the thumbnail.

All other pages load ok, it’s just the home page. Libraries, users, history etc are all fine.

I use to have the same problem, but I haven’t looked in a while until today and it seems to be ok today. The last time I checked was on the 12.9 iPad Pro. Today I use 10.9 iPad Pro so I wonder if it was just the 12.9 issue. What are you using

• DuffHQDuffHQ Posts: 103Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has there been a change in how plexpy should fetch plex users profile pictures?

I've noticed the profile pictures for the users who are streaming loads slowly with this message in the logs:

ERROR No image input received.

• zonediverzonediver Posts: 276Members ✭✭
    edited August 14

PlexPy shows wrong Library Statistics and this since months.
    In my case the TV-Shows are wrong.
    I have 134 Shows with 7686 Episodes.
    PlexPy shows 120/7118 - strange...
    Any idea how i can fix this?

unRAID-Server PRO v6.3.5 - 41TB
    ASRock B75 Pro3-M / i7-3770 / 16GB DDR3 / Intel Pro 1000 GT
    2x Adaptec 1430SA
    14x HDDs
    1x SSD
    ISP - 100/10 MBit (down/up) - Monthly transfer ~ 250-450GB (Upload)
    Clients - 1x Xbox 360, 2x RasPlex, 3x OpenPHT, 2x Apple (iPhone/iPad), 1x Android

• OckingshayOckingshay Posts: 278Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Wpcrumbley said:

@Ockingshay said:

I use to have the same problem, but I haven’t looked in a while until today and it seems to be ok today. The last time I checked was on the 12.9 iPad Pro. Today I use 10.9 iPad Pro so I wonder if it was just the 12.9 issue. What are you using

It happens on iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2

• foebikfoebik Posts: 602Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 15

UPDATE: I added this request to github feathub.

Hey Guys! Again this thread grows so quickly I haven't had a chance to read it all but did do a quick search on my question, hopefully it hasn't already been asked.

Is there a chance that if you have the "Concurrent Playback" alert set to X number, an API call can be made to kill (stop playback) the most recent stream that started (or all streams on that account)? Would also be nice if you can use the custom message option for that is already included in the manual "stop playback" to explain why.

• ajay_zalavadiaajay_zalavadia Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@foebik said:
    UPDATE: I added this request to github feathub.

Hey Guys! Again this thread grows so quickly I haven't had a chance to read it all but did do a quick search on my question, hopefully it hasn't already been asked.

Is there a chance that if you have the "Concurrent Playback" alert set to X number, an API call can be made to kill (stop playback) the most recent stream that started (or all streams on that account)? Would also be nice if you can use the custom message option for that is already included in the manual "stop playback" to explain why.

Have a look at the information on github

• WpcrumbleyWpcrumbley Posts: 422Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i hate to be that guy but is plex cloud support on the horizon soon or is it turning out to be harder than initially thought. I'm sure everything you have done up to this point has been hard and it has been greatly appreciated and i have even donated twice. I was just hoping for any kind of update (not date specific)

• BlacktwinBlacktwin Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 21

@foebik Here are a couple scripts I've made that you may be interested in.

If user has 2* or more concurrent streams and the IP of the 2nd stream differs from 1st kill 2nd.
    If 2nd stream IP is the same as 1st stream don't kill. Script link.

If user has 2* or more concurrent streams kill all user's streams.Script link.

If server admin stream is experiencing buffering and there are concurrent transcode streams from
    another user, kill concurrent transcode stream that has the lowest percent complete. Message in
    kill stream will list why it was killed ('Server Admin's stream take priority and this user has X
    concurrent streams'). Message will also include an approximation of when the other concurrent stream
    will finish, stream that is closest to finish will be used. Script link.

Also, here is an example of using the client device to dictate the custom message. You could custom message for just about anything, client, city, state, bitrate, user, etc.

JBOPS - Just a Bunch Of Plex Scripts

• FreakNLFreakNL Posts: 158Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 22

Is there anything I can do about the fact that PlexPy is blocked by my companies proxy?
    I get to the login page, but after logging in I get this:

__Content blocked by your organization Reason: This Forcepoint Category is filtered: Proxy Avoidance URL: http://plexpy.FreakNL-net.nl/home Message: Please refer to your organization's policy on Internet access. Click Go Back or use the browser's Back button to return to the previous page.__

I thought it had to do with the fact that I have an apache reverse webproxy in front of my plexpy, but if I forward port 80 from my router to port 8181 it still says the same thing.. So it's not my reverse proxy...

• drinehartdrinehart Posts: 1,152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@FreakNL - That likely has nothing to do with PlexPy but rather with url filtering by your company. It is probably your dns name or your IP space being flagged for some reason. Either way, you may ask IT to provide a workaround or you might be out of luck at work. If you know who IT uses for filtering, you might be able to request they re-categorize your domain.