Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My Music/TV Shows/Movies Don't Have Posters

elanelan CTO and Co-founderMauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,317 Plex Employee
edited October 2010 in OS X (Mac)
Help Us Help You
I'd like to use this topic to gather valuable information from you to help us improve the scanners so as to get your media into the library. This topic is NOT for you if you have your media in the library, but aren't getting any metadata (e.g. posters, art) for it.

Background information:

Plex Media Scanner log: ~/Library/Logs/Plex Media Scanner.log
Plex Media Server log: ~/Library/Logs/Plex Media Server.log
Location for crash reports: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
IMDB agent log: ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.imdb.log
The TVDB agent log: ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb.log
Last.FM agent log: ~/Library/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.agents.lastfm.log

If you're getting a grey poster, and Fix Incorrect Match isn't showing any matches, please do the following:

1. Chose "Fix Incorrect Match" and wait until you get the blank results.
  2. Look in the Plex Media Server Log for a line like this:

Issuing search query: http://localhost:32400/system/agents/search?mediaType=8&id=88411&identifier=com.plexapp.agents.lastfm&duration=203000&filename=%2FVolumes%2FDrobo%2FScanner%2FCommitments%2FThe%20Commitments%2F06%20I%20Can't%20Stand%20The%20Rain%2Emp3&lang=en&openSubtitlesHash=6f3d4a79a958925a&plexHash=a83e794088a62d4ced8c3b24d8085bdf16a03aaa&album=The Commitments&artist=The Commitments&index=6&name=I Can't Stand The Rain

Paste this entire line in a reply to this topic, it has EVERYTHING we need to reproduce the problem. This line is really easy to find in the Console app:

20100906-e82uuwtq57ahj5w32t32gdddq9.jpg

Also, paste in the lines from the relevant log-files as well (for a Fix Match, the Plex Media Server.log lines and the ones from the tv/movie agent).

Comments