Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Modifying main menu banners

juancgallardojuancgallardo Members Posts: 23
edited September 2010 in Refocus
Hi

First of all, great job El Massa.

Now, my issue.
I'm trying to customize my skin, and I want to replace the image of the theater chairs and the dog by something more personal, but when I go to the PMS and modify my background I just get a "On Air" banner.

I'm guessing it has to be either with a wrong size of the image, or a wrong format, and the skin is defaulting to the "on air", but if it's this, can someone explain what is the right size or format to use for this images?

Or am I doing something else wrong?

Some screenshots:

Screen shot 2010-09-06 at 10.32.11 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-09-06 at 10.32.59 PM.png

Comments

• juancgallardojuancgallardo Members Posts: 23
    It took some time, but after navigating a bit around, the images changed to my selection.

Just letting everyone else know in case the same happens to them.
  • HankstarHankstar Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6
    Juan Gallardo wrote on 06 September 2010 - 08:51 PM:

It took some time, but after navigating a bit around, the images changed to my selection.

Just letting everyone else know in case the same happens to them.

I have a feeling this is more related the to Media Manager than it is reFOCUS, but after I get done watching an item and exit out to the main menu, those damn ON AIR banners are showing and I need to fiddle around in the menus to get the banners I selected showing.
  • ExplosiveExplosive Members, Plex Pass Posts: 30 Plex Pass
    I have exactly the same problem.

Don't know if it's a bug in PMS or Refocus, but every time when I fire up Plex, the images don't load and the default 'on air'-image is shown.
    After navigating around, they magically show up! ;)

Maybe a Dev can help?
  • dawiincidawiinci Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    I have this issue too. Sometimes when I start Plex a banner isn't loaded. As soon as I go in the folder and come back it's there. It would even load automatically if I just wait. Aren't these images cached?
  • morsmordremorsmordre Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass
    dawiinci wrote on 07 September 2010 - 02:44 AM:

I have this issue too. Sometimes when I start Plex a banner isn't loaded. As soon as I go in the folder and come back it's there. It would even load automatically if I just wait. Aren't these images cached?

I had this issue too. Try manually quitting the PMS by right clicking on the icon and selecting quit, then restart Plex. Now the banners load on start.
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    For me, the On Air banner appears periodically, most commonly when booting the Plex app. However, it does load the personalized banner when you navigate back to the homescreen from another menu/area. I do wish this was handled better...the On Air looks damn ugly :P
  • darko_kundarko_kun Members Posts: 19
    Im having this same issue! No fix? :(
  • iMarciMarc Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I had this when I was on Plex8, and now I have it again...
    At the time I thought it was Alaska related, but it seems that this is a wider problem.

What I did then was toggle windowed/full screen and the images came back, this also seems to work with plex9 (running Neo Genesis).

At some point my backgrounds even go black and only come back when I toggle windowed/full screen.

I admit, it annoys the hell out of me

Marc

The toggle button on Harmony One is '1', but only works in the home screen.
  • dawiincidawiinci Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    Russ wrote:

For me, the On Air banner appears periodically, most commonly when booting the Plex app. However, it does load the personalized banner when you navigate back to the homescreen from another menu/area. I do wish this was handled better...the On Air looks damn ugly :P

This usually happens when the library changes. (Force-Refresh, maybe automatically detected changes too)

Probably Plex deletes the banner and reloads it.
  • globuzeglobuze Members Posts: 43 Plex Pass
    Hello, any news about this bug?

It's very inconvenient to have this problem during plex startup (for my wife, it kills the whaou effect).

May I submit it to the bug tracker?