Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Vizio 2.4.13 - No Media servers found.

I've got a brand new Vizio 4k TV.  After loading the plex app, it cannot find my plex media server on my LAN.  I've got a 2014 LG WebOS based TV also running 2.4.13 connected to the same access point literally on the other side of the same wall that has no issues finding the server and playing media off of it (server is running 0.9.12.4).  Several amazon fire TV's and a roku as well.  The only one that has an issue is the Vizio.  The Vizio can load content off the same server via DLNA with no issues, so the two can talk to each other without a problem.

Remote access is enabled and working properly on my plex media server.  I see from another thread some plex hosted server was rebooted a couple months ago which supposedly fixed the issue for some users.  I'm wondering if it's reared its head again, because this is clearly something going on with Plex and not my side.

Comments

• unloadunload Members, Plex Pass Posts: 218 Plex Pass
    It's worth making sure one more time that remote access is enabled. I am sure you have and it's silly to check again. Yesterday mine was enabled, today it wasn't. If it still is, then try the whole removing the tv from the device list from the server and redo the pin. Then make sure IP addresses are similar. Other than suggesting all that, I'm not sure what to try. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
  • tcsactcsac Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass

It's enabled, and I've done a new pin at least 5 times now.  The fact the LG works using the same client tells me it has to be something on the backend.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

• unloadunload Members, Plex Pass Posts: 218 Plex Pass
    You're welcome, anything is worth a try. I hope you get it figured out. If you do let us know. If not, bump this every so often. Maybe someone else will have the same thing.
  • glenn.bondsglenn.bonds Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Same issue. Any one found any info on this?

• ramengudramengud Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Hi I have 2 vizio TV. one is working well with plex but the other one whenever I enter the plex app, it gives the 4 digit pin and when I enter in on the website, it says it is connected but on the tv it is still stuck on the screen showing the pin. Thanks for the help

For some reason when I look in the connected devices of my pms I see my Vizio model E600i-B3 as an Opera device and not a Yahoo Store device. That got me to looking for Opera issues with the plex app. I read this http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/150101/the-problem-with-vpns#latest and then set my ip address to static. Restarted everything, reinput the pin to relink the app to the server and problem solved. It continues to log in with no issues after tv restart but havent tried server reboot. Hope this helps someone.

Which IP did you set as static? The server IP? The TV IP?

My server is already a static IP, so if that's what you did, it won't help me unfortunately. Part of me wonders if this is because I have plex running on a synology box and it has multiple IP addresses assigned to it. I've manually entered the IP under the remote access section, and that comes back green.

Thing is - I believe the webos client is opera based as well... so it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think the most disappointing part is there's no way to gather logs that I can see, and plex staff don't seem to be too interested in even attempting to help.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/165148/no-media-servers-found-in-official-plex-app-for-lg-smart-tv#latest

The issue I'm having is the issue listed there. Plex runs on a server that has multiple IP addresses. While I was able to temporarily remove one of them, that's not a long-term fix.

Plex - PLEASE give me the ability to specify what IP address is getting populated in that file. I know what IP it should be listening on... hell I already have to specify it for remote connectivity. Stop trying to be all things to all people and give us options under the advanced menus, pleaseeeeee.

If you set the tv to static ip. Go through the pin setup and it will work and continue to work as long as you don't restart your server. As soon as you restart your server you will have to resetup the pin access. I have dual nics in a bonded setup on a linux server, so I guess that is what's causing my issues.

Can somebody on the plex team please comment? I've figured out the source of the issue... is it something that can/will be addressed? Having to down every interface on my server in order to watch anything off the plex server on my TV is getting old quickly.

• sesteresestere Members, Plex Pass Posts: 80 Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

removed (I posted into the wrong forum :( )

Bueller? Bueller? Can someone from Plex at least acknowledge you're aware of the issue now that I've pinned down exactly what it is?

• foreigneyeforeigneye Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Any updates on this issue?
    I have a Vizio TV that was working just fine until today. Won't find the server. My roku box on my bedroom TV still works fine. I can also reach the server from a browser

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,324 Plex Employee

@tcsac said:
    Bueller? Bueller? Can someone from Plex at least acknowledge you're aware of the issue now that I've pinned down exactly what it is?

Heard. You've pinned it correctly; thanks for doing the hard work.

We've filed the issue. Selecting which IP out of the list of known IPs is tremendously better than failing because the TV has more than one. Only some Opera TV devices - Vizio and Sony have this issue.

• dgbrentlydgbrently Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Ditto ditto ditto.. I also will be requesting a refund.

Thank you Matt. If there are any updates on when a fix will come, please let me know.

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,324 Plex Employee

No, no update yet. We've received several reports of this error and understand the customer frustration it's causing.

I appreciate your patience. I hope to have it fixed as soon as possible

Just want to bump this and see if there's been any progress made. The last update didn't change anything.

• dgbrentlydgbrently Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    via Email
    I can't say what changed but I'm running again. AND I now have Plex
    channels!!

Thanks guys!! Whatever you did...

I've tested again, and the multiple IP issue is still not fixed. This only works when my synology has one IP assigned.