If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera Upload + Plex Home

Gemini14Gemini14 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I switched over to Plex Home a while ago and have several family members who also it. After coming back from a trip recently, I noticed that my client (I'm the admin) was the only one who had the camera upload option in the settings menu anymore. Did I miss something or is camera upload actually disabled for non-admins in Plex Home?

If so, that seems rather odd, because if they want to make use of camera upload, they'd have to use my account, which negates some of the benefits of using Plex Home in the first place (e.g., queues, etc.).

Best Answer

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

The camera upload only works for the Admin account.  There are several requests to allow managed users and even shared user to upload photos as well.  I personally don't like the idea of allowing others to upload to Plex directly.

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Accepted Answer

The camera upload only works for the Admin account.  There are several requests to allow managed users and even shared user to upload photos as well.  I personally don't like the idea of allowing others to upload to Plex directly.

• Gemini14Gemini14 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Gotcha, thanks for verifying that was the case. I agree that allowing external users to upload would probably be a bad idea. Managed, internal users on the other hand should have the option available via the admin since they're most likely family or someone else close - good to hear there are already requests for it.
  • tophe75tophe75 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Then why is there an option to allow camera upload if it will not work????

Things have changed in a year. It is now possible. Is it not working for you?

• funsurferfunsurfer Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

it dont work for me... the user in the iOS APP dont have the "camera upload" in menu.

brgds

• gizmosgizmos Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 13

Having the same problem :(
    Only working for the admin account, not for Managed Users.

Never mind :-|, i just need to learn how read :o
    In the user Restictions you have to thick, allow camera upload