If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Multiple user accounts on xbox one?

swifty949swifty949 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I run Plex on multiple devices at home and have the Xbox set up for the kids to access movies using Plex. I'm only able to log into the main admin account on Plex and can't switch users.  If there is a way, please let me know how to switch users. If not, please add this feature. 

Comments

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,970Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

This sticky in the Xbox One forum should help explain this a little better:

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/132749-how-to-use-multi-user-on-xbox-one/

But currently at this time the app itself does not support multiple users.  Only one Xbox Live account can be linked to one plex account at a time.  But the above sticky will give you a couple suggestions to work around this.

• JHawkinsJHawkins Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this feature. I have a 14 year old daughter that gets access to age-appropriate material via Plex. Missing this feature, I cannot make full use of Plex in my home.

• RA3433RA3433 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agree, this feature is needed on Xbox One!

• FrizzoFrizzo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another vote here, major problem with kids!

• ShanecwmShanecwm Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

I agree with all the comments above major problem realesing the Xbox One client which doesn't support users. The Xbox One is main entertainment system for the kids who all have managed accounts. I clicked on the link provided by user jmckee who is quoted below and it takes me to the forum main menu. Is there any other work around?

By any chance do your developers have ETA on when this feature will be implemented?

Best,
    Shanecwm

@jmckee said:
    This sticky in the Xbox One forum should help explain this a little better:

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/132749-how-to-use-multi-user-on-xbox-one/

But currently at this time the app itself does not support multiple users.  Only one Xbox Live account can be linked to one plex account at a time.  But the above sticky will give you a couple suggestions to work around this.

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,379Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

That link is from the old forums, here's the fixed one: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132749/how-to-use-multi-user-on-xbox-one

You still need to have and xbox live account and plex.tv account, managed accounts are not yet supported. Being the Xbox One app is still in preview and known to not be feature complete I'm not sure what else can be done. The team is certainly working on the app, but there is still a ways to go. If it's allowing access to something that the kids shouldn't have, it might be good to use a different client in the mean time. I know it's not what you want to hear, but nothing is going to change it right this moment. It'll be ready when it's ready. Hopefully the above link will help though.

• PlexHS1PlexHS1 Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any new developments on this?

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,379Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Nothing has been posted by any of the devs regarding it. The link in my post above is still the only way to set this up (without needing home any more since the app has been made public).

• eagle1468eagle1468 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this feature!!!

• astrogenastrogen Posts: 1Members

+1 for this feature.

• lantrixlantrix Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 22

This is quote limiting of the Xbox one app. What's the point even?! I understand the premise of One premium account and preventing it from being accessed by multiple xbox devices (to prevent sharing premium).

However multiple users on the same xbox; with multiple Managed users on the same Plex Home - it's a bit of an oversight, especially for a family with children.