Home › General Discussions (Public)
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!
[Forums] Getting the most out of the Plex Forums!
chrisallen New ZealandPosts: 654Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
edited June 2016 in General Discussions (Public)
Here are some tips and tricks on using this forum:
- Use the reactions to share how you feel about other’s comments. The most liked content shows up on the Best of page.
- Mention others. To let someone know you are talking about or to them put the @ symbol before the username. They’ll get notified when you do.
- Update your notification settings. You’ll receive a notification if someone mentions you or posts to a discussion that you’ve bookmarked. You can set notifications from your edit profile page.
- You can private message members or check your messages by going to your “inbox” in your personal menu.
- Bookmark a discussion (click the star) to get notifications for new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.
- Check out the forum from your mobile phone. Just go to the forum URL in your browser - no need to download an app.
- Want to embed content? Our forum supports automatic embed for Twitter, Pinterest, Vine, YouTube, and Vimeo. Just paste in the url of the content, and we will do the rest.
- You can use Markdown to format your posts and comments.
- Choose titles for your posts that are clear and concise.
- Don’t forget to add a picture to your profile.
- Use the search before you ask a question, you might be surprised to find the answer.
- Use "Participated" in the right-hand menu to quickly see all discussions in which you have participated.
Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!
(no private messages for support unless requested, please)
This discussion has been closed.