Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tapatalk?

drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,561 Plex Employee

Are the new forums going to support Tapatalk.

I tried removing the old entry I had and tried to add it back but it says it cannot access the forum.

Tagged:

Comments

• drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,561 Plex Employee

A dang, just saw the last item on the FAQ. Bummer :(

Can't seem to figure out how to edit posts.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,325 Plex Employee

Sorry about that!

(It should be possibly to edit posts mobile, but otherwise it's the gear at top right, unless there's a permissions issue.)

• hatflixhatflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 374 Plex Pass

Boo. Grown to love tapatalk.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,575 Plex Pass

Same here, I really liked reading the forum in Tapatalk as i'd usually come across topics I wouldn't normally see. Also a great way to browse unread topics.

• dewddewd Members, Plex Pass Posts: 485 Plex Pass

Why is every 'upgrade' for forum owners a 'downgrade' for actual users? Let's hope this isn't a disaster like some other forums went through when they switched to 3rd party platforms that promised th e world (HTF, AVS, etc)....

• dewddewd Members, Plex Pass Posts: 485 Plex Pass

And keep you silly badges.. This isn't kindergarten....

• rossdarganrossdargan Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 262 Plex Ninja

Yeah, this is a big loss :-(

• danichispadanichispa Members, Plex Pass Posts: 28 Plex Pass

They say that Vanilla doesn't support tapatalk, but...
    https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
    Tapatalk DOES support Vanilla

• drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,561 Plex Employee

@danichispa said:
    They say that Vanilla doesn't support tapatalk, but...
    https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
    Tapatalk DOES support Vanilla

Hosted Vanilla doesn't.

• chrissearlechrissearle Plex Ninja Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 283 Plex Ninja

Last I can see is that the tapatalk plugin isn't approved by the hosting site - https://support.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/8891/#Comment_8891

@chrissearle said:
    Last I can see is that the tapatalk plugin isn't approved by the hosting site - https://support.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/8891/#Comment_8891

Doesn't look hopeful either that it will happen any time soon.

@elan Do you guys have any metrics on the how many users were utilising Tapatalk via the old IP Boards forums?

• fouxfoux Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 597 Plex Ninja

I guess a lot, just looking at the signature on the posts pre-vanilla.
    I also miss tapatalk : even if vanilla mobile theme isn't bad, it's nothing compared to a native app.

• _Rogue_Rogue Members, Plex Pass Posts: 58 Plex Pass

Either Plex needs a native forum app or they need to get vanila to implement tapatalk. I know other vanilla forums that use tapatalk but recently stopped supporting it.

• sremicksremick Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,149 Plex Pass

Gah, I used Tapatalk all the time.

This is a huge loss and downgrade in the usability and accessibility of the forum. And as someone who has run many forums past and present myself, I can tell you I've never been a fan of Vanilla. So these issues don't surprise me. It's never made it past stage one any time I've re-evaluated it for a forum project.

• hthighwayhthighway Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 6,412 Plex Ninja

I was saddened as well to see the lost of Tapatalk

• sfnetworksfnetwork Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,393 Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

Very sad news... IMO, this should have been taken in consideration... Tapatalk is really not comparable to forum mobile version (web)...
    Just like using Plex/Web client on iOS web browser vs the actual iOS Plex client...

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,325 Plex Employee

@elan Do you guys have any metrics on the how many users were utilising Tapatalk via the old IP Boards forums?

I do not.

Sorry guys, I used to use it myself, but I am really not a fan of Tapatalk in general. Their apps are crashy, their plugin has had security issues, they do questionable user tracking and monetization, so I'm sort of glad to have them gone. The mobile theme looks great, and we'll be making improvements to our theme as well for smaller screens (and probably end up replacing the default mobile theme at some point).

• GeetsPlexGeetsPlex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 126 Plex Pass

I used Tapatalk pretty much only for Plex forums, I would agree their app just got worst and worst, but I do miss notifications. The new mobile theme works well. I miss having 1 click access to threads I am following.

I miss having 1 click access to threads I am following.

If you "star" (i.e. favorite) those threads, that's pretty much exactly what you get with a single click, as you can see all those threads and which ones contain new messages.