Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

End0fL1neEnd0fL1ne Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 2015 in Xbox One

Whats new?
Whats fixed?
New bugs?
Pros/cons?
What do we want in the next update.

Server:  4TBx4 Raid i7 3.9GHz 16GB RAM Arch Linux

Local Clients: Roku Stick / Xbox One / Laptop / Custom PC

Main Interface:  Xbox One connected to 1080p 3D projector

Mobile Clients: Nexus 6 / Nexus 5 / Samsung S7 / Nexus 7

Remote Clients:  Roku 3 / Xbox One / Play Station 4 / Play Station 3 / WebApp

Network:  50mbps-^  20mbps-v

Comments

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,338Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
  • Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 933Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

And I've (belatedly, sorry) added some release notes:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/970934/#Comment_970934

I've also added a sticky for 'known issues'. I'll add items here as they're identified and repro'd. Thanks!

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/173008/known-issues-in-1-1-7-0#latest

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 933Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Looking forward to hearing ideas here as well! Let me know what's important to you to make the XB1 client as good as it can be.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 519Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

An error which is still present in 1.1.7.0 (and also was in the previous version)

When I resume a video at some position. Lets say: 1:17:15

Then I hit 'A' to show the current position it shows 1:17:15/0

But it should show 1:17:15/1:30:00 (The total movie length of 1:30:00)

When this happens also the orange "progress indicator" is not present as the player does not know how long the movie is.

But playback and all is fine, and the video resumes at the right position. Just the total length is missing.

I then just back out of the video, resume it again and everything is fine again.

• MrMcLargeHugeMrMcLargeHuge Posts: 204Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dom,

The only thing I still dislike about the app is the requirement to be connected to Xbox Live. I'd also like to see Plex Companion support, but that's more of a "nice to have" item.

PMS: Custom FreeNAS (QuadCore Xeon, 16TB usable storage with RAIDZ2 double-redundancy)

MacBrook Pro

iPhone SE

Chromecast

Samsung UN55JU6700

Samsung Blu-ray via DLNA

• fatherpumpkinfatherpumpkin Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Dom

Great work on the update and congrats on finally getting it through the approval process.

Are their any plans to include a "sort by folder" option to the music library?

@mike4001 - I'll raise that internally. Oddly enough I bumped into that (for the first time) while using the app last night. And there was I, trying to just relax and watch a film! :D

@fatherpumpkin - In general I'd rather us focus on the other sort/filters first and see if they meet your needs. What do you use 'by folder' for in other clients? Could it be replicated with other filtering?

@adamshearer - I'll follow that up with MS. I'm not sure what the requirement currently is, to be honest.

• rzdcffsrzdcffs Posts: 256Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    Looking forward to hearing ideas here as well! Let me know what's important to you to make the XB1 client as good as it can be.

Hey Dom, love 99% of the app. What I'd LOVE is a continous play option from On/Deck. Just hit play on the title and it will continue playing the next episode until you stop it. You can sort of do that from the individual TV show section but it only does it right from the start of each season, not current episode in On/Deck.

• EnochLightEnochLight Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Dom,

Nice work on the update - and despite a few hiccups - native MKV playback with >20 MB/s bitrates is working great for me. I have 30-40 GB MKV files at 30 MB/s and higher that are playing back just fine and look absolutely fantastic! Again, nice work.

As far as "what's next" for the Plex Xbox One app, I'd say an absolute priority is to get DTS support so it doesn't have to be transcoded to DD, as well as DTS-HD support. Those two things would be absolutely brilliant, and make the Xbox One Plex app absolutely perfect IMHO. Well, that and allowing the Plex app be able to turn-on subtitles without having to transcode the file just to see them...

• MrMcLargeHugeMrMcLargeHuge Posts: 204Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, I echo the subtitle sentiment. My server is powerful enough to transcode anything, but I still prefer to avoid it if possible.

PMS: Custom FreeNAS (QuadCore Xeon, 16TB usable storage with RAIDZ2 double-redundancy)

MacBrook Pro

iPhone SE

Chromecast

Samsung UN55JU6700

Samsung Blu-ray via DLNA

• many7695many7695 Posts: 237Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anybody else had the problem with saving the trailer setting on the Xbox one. I set 1 in the setting come back to it later on is back at 0.

My Plex Family
    running plex server on windows 10 HP
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
    Appletv 4 currently my favorite
  • tennisbgctennisbgc Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

solid update, Its pretty sweet watching uncompressed blurays now. Now if we could just get some subtitle direct play option, Also I wish when you did the shuffle it would just shuffle the shows not the episodes. Any plans on having more view types?

• montstros1tymontstros1ty Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

I'm stoked with being able to play music via Plex now - only gripe is the size of the album art displayed. Takes up almost half the screen, would be keen to have some sort of scaler to reduce the size (luckily my local artwork for albums is 1000x1000px so doesn't look too bad). Being able to reduce the blur of the band's background picture would be ace too.

Example from here:

Xbox One via 60" TV - http://iforce.co.nz/i/bvpm510e.ndq.jpg
    Windows 10 App - http://iforce.co.nz/i/ssepiwar.2rd.png

For DTS we will need platform support, which we don't currently have. We're still looking into soft subtitle support and what we can do there. Nothing I can promise yet though, but I agree it's a real downer to hit a transcode because of it.

@montstros1ty: I don't follow, sorry. In both shots the album art is about half the screen, no? And blur on/off is (much to my personal anguish) becoming a setting in the next update :)

@many7695: We have an open issue (found by MS) that this setting isn't correctly reset over multiple users. Do you have more than one user on your XB1 running the app?

• StokkesStokkes Posts: 306Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey Dom

Can you confirm this is a bug: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/173041/new-skip-episode-function-returns-to-original-pre-skipped-episode-after-playback#latest

If it is, can it be added to the known issues thread? I'd love to get confirmation.

Thanks!

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,338Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Stokkes said:
    Hey Dom

Can you confirm this is a bug: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/173041/new-skip-episode-function-returns-to-original-pre-skipped-episode-after-playback#latest

If it is, can it be added to the known issues thread? I'd love to get confirmation.

Thanks!

Indeed, they are aware of that one. I raised it with the when the app first came out. :)

• many7695many7695 Posts: 237Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

I did set up multiple user, but it only was for a week when a friend stayed over but I removed it after he left. I also should say I'm on Xbox beta program.

My Plex Family
    running plex server on windows 10 HP
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
    Appletv 4 currently my favorite
  • RumikRumik Posts: 39Members ✭✭

@EnochLight said:

As far as "what's next" for the Plex Xbox One app, I'd say an absolute priority is to get DTS support so it doesn't have to be transcoded to DD, as well as DTS-HD support. Those two things would be absolutely brilliant, and make the Xbox One Plex app absolutely perfect IMHO. Well, that and allowing the Plex app be able to turn-on subtitles without having to transcode the file just to see them...

This. +100000000000 this. If I can get DTS support, I can drop my dedicated media centre. Subtitles would be very advantageous too.

• Tx RedneckTx Redneck Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hola,

I've run into an issue with the Xbone app where it'll see media, but won't load and play. It's only certain ones and I see no similarities between them to cause it. This started on the last update. They'll play on mobile and on pc, but haven't tried the browser on Xbone yet.

If there's anything I can do to help in troubleshooting, lmk and I'll do it this evening.

Tx

• unclediguncledig Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

DTS support and Channel support.