Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post here for more information https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/319354/well-be-moving-the-forums-to-discourse-heres-the-scoop/
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

Comments

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

If there's anything I can do to help in troubleshooting, lmk and I'll do it this evening.

Sorry to hear that. If you have specific problems, it would be better to create a new forum thread with details - preferably full media details and PMS logs if you have them! I'll see what I can to help.

I'm afraid that DTS support is not something we can easily do (as yet). Channels is on the list here - https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/173008/known-issues-in-1-1-7-0#latest - so we will get to that one.

• Tx RedneckTx Redneck Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you sir @Dom C, I'll see what I can do this evening.

• stixx2002stixx2002 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would LOVE to be able to delete content from within the app. If I watch a TV episode, I want the ability to delete it right then and there.

@uncledig said:
    DTS support and Channel support.

I think DTS is there....at least I can get DTS from the movies I watch

@Rumik said:
    This. +100000000000 this. If I can get DTS support, I can drop my dedicated media centre. Subtitles would be very advantageous too.

Subtitles are already there

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Both subtitles and DTS still require the server to do work. Not all servers can, so people are hoping to get these done on the client. Hope that clarifies!

@Dom C said:
    Both subtitles and DTS still require the server to do work. Not all servers can, so people are hoping to get these done on the client. Hope that clarifies!

Gotcha - I didn't understand that nuance.

Thanks for clarifying

• montstros1tymontstros1ty Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    For DTS we will need platform support, which we don't currently have. We're still looking into soft subtitle support and what we can do there. Nothing I can promise yet though, but I agree it's a real downer to hit a transcode because of it.

montstros1ty: I don't follow, sorry. In both shots the album art is about half the screen, no? And blur on/off is (much to my personal anguish) becoming a setting in the next update :)

Sorry the screenshots were for the background blur :)

I guess on a pc monitor the album art isn't so obnoxiously big as it's a smaller screen even though it takes up the same % - either way i'm stoked music is supported now, cheers!

• mal68mal68 Posts: 129Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:

Hey Dom, is it possible to get both of these issues added to your Known Issues post? Keep up the good work

Added a (somewhat purposely vague) 'More DP capabilities' to the known issues. Hope that's ok!

• nikult626nikult626 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I still show the release date in the plex app to be 10/17/2014 in the xbox one app store as of this date and my app is not auto-updating. When is the app supposed to be released?

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 567Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nikult626 said:
    I still show the release date in the plex app to be 10/17/2014 in the xbox one app store as of this date and my app is not auto-updating. When is the app supposed to be released?

Press menu and look at the version number. I assume you are already on 1.1.7.0 which is the updated version. The date in the store does not change.

• nikult626nikult626 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mike4001 said:
    Press menu and look at the version number. I assume you are already on 1.1.7.0 which is the updated version. The date in the store does not change.

Thanks @mike4001 I do see the version 1.1.7.0 but do not see anything regarding music or the other updates. The one that I really care about is the mkv streaming so I'll test that and look to see if the transcoder process is churning on the server.

• End0fL1neEnd0fL1ne Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

@Dom C said:
    Looking forward to hearing ideas here as well! Let me know what's important to you to make the XB1 client as good as it can be.

@Dom C I would love a browse by genre option. Channel support would be dope too. EDIT: Also play next episode button after watching a TV show.

Server:  4TBx4 Raid i7 3.9GHz 16GB RAM Arch Linux

Local Clients: Roku Stick / Xbox One / Laptop / Custom PC

Main Interface:  Xbox One connected to 1080p 3D projector

Mobile Clients: Nexus 6 / Nexus 5 / Samsung S7 / Nexus 7

Remote Clients:  Roku 3 / Xbox One / Play Station 4 / Play Station 3 / WebApp

Network:  50mbps-^  20mbps-v

• r.lenhart2r.lenhart2 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please, I beg you, allow me to view ALL Unwatched movies and not just what Plex thinks is the Top Unwatched Movies.

• jtusajtusa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@r.lenhart2 said:
    Please, I beg you, allow me to view ALL Unwatched movies and not just what Plex thinks is the Top Unwatched Movies.

This is my main complaint so far. Super happy about the direct .mkv playback, but they need filtering. I want to be able to look at Unwatched movies and Unwatched shows. 99% of the time, that's how I decide what I want to watch.

All you guys are crazy...."delete" functionality is the biggest need!!!!!

hahahaha ;)

• Jaysue21Jaysue21 Posts: 61Members ✭✭

So to get a better understanding of the update and Direct Play of MKV files, can i rip my dvd movie using MakeMKV and then just dump it into my Plex and i can play it Direct Play? Or does it have to be an H264 MKV file like from handbrake?

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    I dont want an DELETE option on my media system.....who deletes his movies.....?

Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10

Sent: donderdag 16 juli 2015 20:24
    To: Helmer Zandbergen
    Subject: Re: [Plex Forums] Xbox One Plex App Update

All you guys are crazy...."delete" functionality is the biggest need!!!!!

hahahaha ;)

@TheVMaster said:
    I dont want an DELETE option on my media system.....who deletes his movies.....?

Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10

Not movies specifically....TV show episodes. If I watch the latest episode of Modern Family (for example), why do I need to keep it?