If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

Comments

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@yunti said:
    Is 24fps support not possible due to Microsoft or is it due to not being implemented yet by the flex team?

3rd party apps are not able/allowed to switch video outputs.

So it´s restricted by MS.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,023Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

24fps isn't available for us to use as a 3rd party. I think it's only supported in the bluray player app right now, but could be mistaken!

• yuntiyunti Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mike4001 said:
    So it´s restricted by MS.

Thanks I presume we are in the dark whether MS will allow third parties do do this or not?

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,023Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

MS don't expose this to us (or 3rd parties) at the moment.

• sferran2sferran2 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

Tell MS that an angry mob of Plex users will come burn down their houses down if they don't give you the ability to dynamically change video and audio outputs, so we can get our 24 fps and audio upmixing (ProLogic) working properly. We will also call them mean names.

• michaeljriversmichaeljrivers Posts: 10Members Plex Pass

@moussa.uk said:
    Sorting and filtering is definitely coming!

Good to know! Until then, I'll have to keep using Plex on Roku, but I would love to be able to switch to Xbox One for my music. Thanks for keeping me posted.

• sarahandandrew15sarahandandrew15 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OneGuide integration would be brilliant, with On Deck and Recently Aired channels. Also a Play Next Episode option that appears at the end of an episode, possibly even during the titles like Netflix does.

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@agmartinone said:
    OneGuide integration would be brilliant, with On Deck and Recently Aired channels. Also a Play Next Episode option that appears at the end of an episode, possibly even during the titles like Netflix does.

Or that, when you check out the channel/program info from the OneGuide which is playing on a TV channel, you can see the movie on Plex (if you have it in your library) showing there just like the XBox Video, Netflix, Pathe Thuis (Dutch online video rental app) are showing now.

'Play Next Episode' can be achieved right now by playing back a show or season and you'll get (without a nice post play screen, yet) the next episode. We're working on making that nicer though.

OneGuide definitely has my interest, but as mentioned elsewhere, I want us to hit parity first and then look at stuff like that. It's also a slightly more tricky integration than other parts of the platform - but hopefully one day!

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

And If I play a season, will there be an option to play JUST the unwatched episodes...? If I click the play button next to a season, it just starts playing episode 1 (and I already saw the first few episodes).

The intention is to match web and other clients - and play from the next item on deck (so either the current in progress one, or the next unwatched one).

• End0fL1neEnd0fL1ne Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    The intention is to match web and other clients - and play from the next item on deck (so either the current in progress one, or the next unwatched one).

Backgrounds in movies and tv shows would be cool

Server:  4TBx4 Raid i7 3.9GHz 16GB RAM Arch Linux

Local Clients: Roku Stick / Xbox One / Laptop / Custom PC

Main Interface:  Xbox One connected to 1080p 3D projector

Mobile Clients: Nexus 6 / Nexus 5 / Samsung S7 / Nexus 7

Remote Clients:  Roku 3 / Xbox One / Play Station 4 / Play Station 3 / WebApp

Network:  50mbps-^  20mbps-v

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 332Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:

Will there be a way to do this from On Deck? Or will you always have to go to the season first?

It's tricky - some people hate the autoplay from an episode, others love it. I'll take another look at what we think is best for when you select from 'On Deck'.

• mal68mal68 Posts: 123Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can we get an idea on the progress of the next update? Has it been submitted etc.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 496Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agree with adding Delete option after watching a video (maybe just for TV Shows). Probably the most critical fix though is making sure the Xbox can work when either xbox live or plex.tv is down. Xbox 360 does work during outages though, so that's my fall back.

Also very high on the list IMHO is adding the ability to skip chapters. I'd use the skip chapters to get past commercials in PlayLater files, but it could work for movies too.

Next update hasn't been submitted yet, but has been in private/internal beta. We have a release gating issue that we're still trying to resolve with MS.

• ShaGeShaGe Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the great work @Dom C . Looking forward to even more feature parity. The XB1 in the living room is jealous of the Roku in the bedroom.

• cuzz1369cuzz1369 Posts: 270Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just PLEASE let me press one button from on deck to continuously play unwatched episodes. This is needed/wanted by many users.

Using Tapatalk
  • samwelburn@me.comsamwelburn@me.com Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd love to see either a screensaver or visualiser for music, album art for long periods and my plasma tv don't get along too well