If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

Comments

• End0fL1neEnd0fL1ne Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    Next update hasn't been submitted yet, but has been in private/internal beta. We have a release gating issue that we're still trying to resolve with MS.

Thanks for keeping us informed. We like to know whats going on in the back end.

Server:  4TBx4 Raid i7 3.9GHz 16GB RAM Arch Linux

Local Clients: Roku Stick / Xbox One / Laptop / Custom PC

Main Interface:  Xbox One connected to 1080p 3D projector

Mobile Clients: Nexus 6 / Nexus 5 / Samsung S7 / Nexus 7

Remote Clients:  Roku 3 / Xbox One / Play Station 4 / Play Station 3 / WebApp

Network:  50mbps-^  20mbps-v

• undsioux07undsioux07 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plus one on the dts-hd. Hopefully MS allows this soon. Is dolby true hd working, or is that also waiting on MS?

• cayarscayars Posts: 4,568Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Dom C said:
    It's tricky - some people hate the autoplay from an episode, others love it. I'll take another look at what we think is best for when you select from 'On Deck'.

Personally I think continuous play would be cool, but I don't want people starting a show at bedtime and it running through the whole season while they are sleeping. This could be especially troublesome when the server has to transcode the media. If I remember correctly Netflix will play a few shows then check to see if the viewer is still there. This is a step in the right direction but it could be even better. Netflix will wait a few seconds before starting the next episode but this doesn't guarantee anyone is still watching the show.

What I'd suggest and be ALL IN FOR is to play the show then throw up a prompt at the end of the episode ie:
    "Hit ENTER (A) to continue to next episode or BACK (B) to quit"
    So with one button press it could continue or exit and will stay prompted like that until a choice is made. No more issues with people falling asleep or walking out of the room etc and it playing episodes no one is watching.

11.2K+ Movies, 410 Shows - 34.2K+ TV Episodes, 490 Christmas Movies, 445 Documentary, 290 3D Movies, 1300 Sports Matches, 1280 Educational Videos, Premium Music: 215K+ Tracks, 900 GB Plex Meta-Data. 6 Network Cable Tuners.
    Thread on my setup with some tips and tricks: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/131308/cayars-setup-walk-through-and-some-tips-and-tricks/p1
  • cuzz1369cuzz1369 Posts: 270Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 2015

@cayars said:
    So with one button press it could continue or exit and will stay prompted like that until a choice is made. No more issues with people falling asleep or walking out of the room etc and it playing episodes no one is watching.

That's not helpful at all. The whole point is to play the next episode with no interaction at all. Here us what I would want. Go to on deck. "A" does what it does now. Opens the episode info. "X" does what it does now and plays the episode directly. But "Y"(or any button for that matter) should play the next episode in a continuous fasion. It obviously has to be some type of opt in for the turds that fall asleep and cry because they don't know what episode they fell asleep with. But there has to be a way to do this if Plex wants "parity". As I can do this on my android TV.

Using Tapatalk
  • mike4001mike4001 Posts: 562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@cuzz1369 said:
    That's not helpful at all. The whole point is to play the next episode with no interaction at all. Here us what I would want. Go to on deck. "A" does what it does now. Opens the episode info. "X" does what it does now and plays the episode directly. But "Y"(or any button for that matter) should play the next episode in a continuous fasion. It obviously has to be some type of opt in for the turds that fall asleep and cry because they don't know what episode they fell asleep with. But there has to be a way to do this if Plex wants "parity". As I can do this on my android TV.

Or just add an option in settings "Continously play episodes on/off" ;-)

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,410Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@mike4001 said:
    Or just add an option in settings "Continously play episodes on/off" ;-)

This is how netflix does it (at the server level, so it's the same across clients). I would like the "plex next" episode though even if I have it set to not go automatically to the next episode (again, like netflix) as it would be nice to not have to back out and select the next one from on deck and such.

• pittripplypittripply Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My horror movie folder has 1000s of films. When I display in Plex on Xbox one app and want to play a film that starts with T it does not go to the T's and when I scroll to the right too fast it restarts the cover listed back at the top of the list. Also when I view the descriptive page of a film and use the B button to back out, instead of selecting the area of the list where the film I was just viewing is located, it reloads to the beginning of the entire list. These bugs make viewing large folders very frustrating and time consuming. Can we get a fix on this please? Could you add a search like on the PC app? How about the option to disable the suggested columns page and go straight to Browse list? When you fix it, I will buy lifetime plex pass its the only thing holding me back.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,620Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You certainly are experiencing some pain points with the current app but let me address the issues you raised.

when I scroll to the right too fast it restarts the cover listed back at the top of the list

This is a known bug and will be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Also when I view the descriptive page of a film and use the B button to back out, instead of selecting the area of the list where the film I was just viewing is located, it reloads to the beginning of the entire list.

This also will be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Could you add a search like on the PC app?

Search functionality is definitely on the roadmap, but unfortunately I can't tell you exactly when it will arrive.

How about the option to disable the suggested columns page and go straight to Browse list?

We're always looking into how to improve the user experience in the app, and figuring out the best way to quickly reach the content you want/are looking for is part of that. Hopefully with the changes we've made and bugs fixed in the next update, and ones coming after, you'll find it an easier experience to reach your movies.

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@moussa.uk said:
    Hopefully with the changes we've made and bugs fixed in the next update

Any idea when we can expect the new update? Is it already submitted to Microsoft?

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,238Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@TheVMaster said:

Plex don't give out ETA's. You must be new around here.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• mrjlturnermrjlturner Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

FEATURE REQUEST: Please add 'Plex Home' support for the Xbox One platform. This is a staple in our household (on the ROKU) and we'd love to see it come forward to this platform as well.

• RandomNinjaAtk02RandomNinjaAtk02 Posts: 216Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mrjlturner said:
    FEATURE REQUEST: Please add 'Plex Home' support for the Xbox One platform. This is a staple in our household (on the ROKU) and we'd love to see it come forward to this platform as well.

Plex Home is already supported, just not in the same way as other clients. If they add it the other way (the way your desiring it to be implemented), they will need to add an option for auto sign in per your account like the do for other apps. Otherwise it would be really annoying to have to punch in my pin everytime to use the app, instead of how it is currently used...

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 496Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    It's tricky - some people hate the autoplay from an episode, others love it. I'll take another look at what we think is best for when you select from 'On Deck'.

The implementation on roku is perfect...if you go to preplay screen it doesn't happen...if you hit play on episode it does

PMS: Windows 10 1709 - ASROCK H77 - 40tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 16tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
    Main: Xbox One Plex & Roku 3 - Bedroom: Roku Stick (2017)

Also: Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick (2017), iPad Mini +, Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three, HDHomeRun Connect 2 Tuner for Live TV and DVR

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert
  • SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 332Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any news on the next update?

See the 360 app got Home today - hoping it's imminent on the Xbox One app..

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 332Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Think positively Dom! I think you'll pass first time this time...

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can you maybe give us a little inside why the Xbox 360 app is that much ahead? - Is the development process on Xbox One more complicated?

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,410Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@mike4001 said:
    Can you maybe give us a little inside why the Xbox 360 app is that much ahead? - Is the development process on Xbox One more complicated?

My understanding was that development for the xbox 360 app was actually quite some time before the Xbox one app (even though the xbox one app was released first).

• KaohKaoh Posts: 197Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well I am happy an update is in the progress to get approved.

• tennisbgctennisbgc Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is the skip ahead feature and watched indicator not being updated included in this update