If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

Comments

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 922Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dang... I am surprised at the detailed info Dom is giving to everyone. And someone if you want every bit of information possible. He has been so kind in giving things that the 3 years I have been with plex they have not giving. So take what he gives gracefully. Not trying to be rude. It even frustrates me to read info he gives then see 10 more posts with detailed questions.

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    Ha! Thanks for the kind words Cmtahm!

I do have something of an update - our certification for 1.2 is currently looking good, and you can hopefully expect something new and shiny next week. Hopefully.

That would be awesome! I agree with Cmtahm.....thanks for all the (detailed) updates...and all the good work!

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great, thanks for the update!

Should we get surprised or will let let us know the main points whats in the new update now ? :-)

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,023Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sheesh. I bet you're the kind of person that feels and prods the presents under the Christmas tree!

Er. Yes. Anyway! High level stuff - photo support and HTTPS support. But also lots of tweaks and bug fixes. I'll post the full list in release notes on Tuesday (the marketplace release day in XB1 land) if all has gone well!

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 5,013Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Dom C said:
    Sheesh. I bet you're the kind of person that feels and prods the presents under the Christmas tree!

You should feel blessed, not everything gets felt and prodded!

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,023Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Ha! I always got Lego. No amount of shaking or prodding would tell me which set though :D

So yes! Look forward to next week, but also (hopefully) our process to submit/certify is improving as well.

• FlyingcowFlyingcow Posts: 11Members Plex Pass

So is 1.2 just some bug fixes and stuff or is anything added?

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 5,013Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Flyingcow said:
    So is 1.2 just some bug fixes and stuff or is anything added?

@Dom C said:
    Er. Yes. Anyway! High level stuff - photo support and HTTPS support. But also lots of tweaks and bug fixes. I'll post the full list in release notes on Tuesday (the marketplace release day in XB1 land) if all has gone well!

• braintumorbraintumor Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks Dom for the great work... Looking forward to the next release... My wishlist for the xb1 client is (in this order):

• Native subtitle support
    • Channel support
    • DTS support
    • Sort by folder

...with every release we are getting closer and closer to an awesome plex client!

DTS support needs some support from the platform before we can implement that, so I'm afraid we're not in direct control of providing that. Will let you know if/when that changes.

• SusiBikerSusiBiker Posts: 70Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't post much these days as only run Plex occasionally to see how it is developing, but, just wanted to say -
    Thank You Dom, for keeping us in the loop re: developments!
    If it all goes horribly wrong (hope not!), please try to update us when you can. Having you take time out to let us monkeys know what is going on has been a total breath of Fresh Air and actually leaves me hopeful for the future of Plex in general.
    To you Dom, please have a HUGE Gold Star and all my thanks!
    Regards, Susi xx

Please Note: I have brain damage after a near-fatal motorcycle accident in 1996.

I have memory issues and can easily get confused on occasions. Whenever I post, I am trying to help. Make sure you check what I post for accuracy and let me know if it is OK, helpful, or just flat-out wrong.

Please play nice and be polite... or I will cry. ;)

Thanks loads,

Susi xx

• sferran2sferran2 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:
    DTS support needs some support from the platform before we can implement that, so I'm afraid we're not in direct control of providing that. Will let you know if/when that changes.

Is there anything we can do as end-users to put pressure on Microsoft to fix their surround sound issues and some of the other platform-specific stuff (24fps, for instance)? Has their team indicated at all where they weight requests the most?

• elitemikeelitemike Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to see the videos that are part of the playlist instead of the playlist starting.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,620Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@elitemike said:
    I'd like to see the videos that are part of the playlist instead of the playlist starting.

You'll be able to do so with the coming update :)

• SoundtweakerSoundtweaker Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sferran2 said:
    Is there anything we can do as end-users to put pressure on Microsoft to fix their surround sound issues and some of the other platform-specific stuff (24fps, for instance)? Has their team indicated at all where they weight requests the most?

I don't think we will see any fixes until Windows 10 arrives on XBOX supposedly Oct./Nov.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, there are some "weird" design decisions within the Xbox OS, we hope are fixed with the new UI (confirmed for November).

I just hope they fix a couple of them ;-)

• cuzz1369cuzz1369 Posts: 270Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Fires up the Xbox this morning and had those wonderful words appear "Plex needs an update"

Using Tapatalk
  • TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nice......i'm going to check it when I'm home in a couple of hours... ;)

• KashEsqKashEsq Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just got the update. Has a changelog been posted anywhere?