If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One Plex App Update News

Comments

• cuzz1369cuzz1369 Posts: 270Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2015

@kash.khan@outlook.com said:
    Just got the update. Has a changelog been posted anywhere?

Not that I can see. The only two thing I notice right off the bat is some navigation arrows in the top right corner to move through episodes and now (annoyingly) plays theme music.

No channel support yet
    No way to continuous play episodes(that I can see)

Using Tapatalk
  • Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@cuzz1369 - you can turn the TV theme tunes off if they annoy you - it's in the Settings screen.

Channel support isn't there yet. You can do continuous video playback from the season or show, but not from the episode. This is intentional until we have a post play screen (lots of people dislike a sudden play of next episode).

I'll get the changelog posted now. Thanks!

• KashEsqKashEsq Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@cuzz1369 said:
    Not that I can see. The only two thing I notice right off the bat is some navigation arrows in the top right corner to move through episodes and now (annoyingly) plays the music.

No channel support yet
    No way to continuous play episodes(that I can see)

Thanks! Having the arrows is an excellent addition, I hated the extra steps involved in going to the next episode.

I discovered that you can disable the theme music in the app's settings.

Also, the episode view has changed from tiles to list view. Is there any way to change it back?

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

No, you can't change the view type in the season page. We had a lot of feedback (from other big screen apps as well) that a vertical list with more information was more useful for episode lists. It also fits in nicely for some future plans where we want to do more than just 'play' an item.

@Dom C said:
    cuzz1369 - you can turn the TV theme tunes off if they annoy you - it's in the Settings screen.

Channel support isn't there yet. You can do continuous video playback from the season or show, but not from the episode. This is intentional until we have a post play screen (lots of people dislike a sudden play of next episode).

I'll get the changelog posted now. Thanks!

Ya, I four d that setting to turn it off. Sorry if I sounded negative. Thanks for the update broski

Using Tapatalk

@Dom C said:
    No, you can't change the view type in the season page. We had a lot of feedback (from other big screen apps as well) that a vertical list with more information was more useful for episode lists. It also fits in nicely for some future plans where we want to do more than just 'play' an item.

My wife is going to be mad when she sees the change haha.

I also noticed that the alphabet is now on the bottom instead of being a button at the top. On a related note, that annoying bug of going back to the first item on the page after selecting a letter or finishing an episode has been fixed.

Between that and the episode arrows, this update pretty much fixed all the annoyances I had with the app. Thanks!!

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 567Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2015

Some ideas for 1.3 based on 1.2 changes

1) When I am in the movie or TV-show browsing-section the A....Z below the covers is great. But when I am currently browsing a title which starts with C, I only see an emptly grey box where the C is. Would be great if it was an grey box with a white C inside, so I don´t have to guess that between B and D must be C

EDIT @ 1) Looking closely I can see the letter in black, it was just too subtle/small for my seemingly bad eyesight :-) ... anyway, maybe you can improve the visibility ;-)

2) The new vertical Episode list within a Season is great but when I am e.g. at episode 15 and want to use the "go home" button I have to scroll all the way up. Would be great if we could just click right and would land on the go home button

Great update => Thanks ! :)

• stixx2002stixx2002 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If someone states there episode deletion functionality, I am leaving work and taking a vacation day - haha

@stixx2002 said:
    If someone states there episode deletion functionality, I am leaving work and taking a vacation day - haha

Not that I can see. Looks like you'll have to tough it out at work :P

If you enable it on the server, you can now delete episodes. Time to take that vacation! ;)

• wsavonawsavona Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing a delete option when I hit the button with the three dots

@Dom C said:
    If you enable it on the server, you can now delete episodes. Time to take that vacation! ;)

When you have a minute can you please explain the continuous playback option to me. Don't worry about it if you are gonna explain it in the changelog.

Using Tapatalk

@stixx2002 said:

Yup, just confirmed you CAN delete things now. From episode or movie page just hit the button with the three dots and it will show as an option (assuming you have that option enabled on your server).

Pretty much only thing I want now is Filters/Sorting.

Thanks for giving the Xbox One more love lately Plex! Moving to that as my full-time Plex device now.

Not seeing "play on Xbox" option in the Plex for android app either. Was hoping that would make it to the Xbox update as it did on PS4.

Using Tapatalk
  • stixx2002stixx2002 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:

WOOHOO!

Changelog is here - https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1009741/#Comment_1009741 - but please ask away if you need any clarifications.

Filter/sorts and remote control are still on the 'parity hit list'. I don't know when they'll arrive, but we know they're missing.

Continuous play is a little limited right now, but you can play a whole season/show/library by using the play or shuffle button on that page. We still need to make this respect unwatched status, and just play those items - sorry!

• TheVMasterTheVMaster Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2015

@Dom C said:
    Changelog is here - https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1009741/#Comment_1009741 - but please ask away if you need any clarifications.

Filter/sorts and remote control are still on the 'parity hit list'. I don't know when they'll arrive, but we know they're missing.

Continuous play is a little limited right now, but you can play a whole season/show/library by using the play or shuffle button on that page. We still need to make this respect unwatched status, and just play those items - sorry!

Great update, but let's hope the Filter/Sort will arrive soon...since it's already there on the 360 version....

• jtusajtusa Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:

:(

Ideally and I think maybe the easiest way to acheibe this would be a separate button from on deck. Similar as "X" button does direct play from the last update (which was awesome BTW) I can't imagine it would be too hard to make the "Y" button continuously play unwatched episodes.

This really is the one and only thing I personally feel this app needs. I understand the whole thing about some people not wanting it but its not like that would be the default behavior.

Using Tapatalk