If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No 301 redirects?

manfermanfer Posts: 87Members ✭✭

I was used to look for info in search engines even when at the end I would find the solution inside plex forums. Just it is easier for me to search on my default search engine than to open forums and do the search. Better usability.

I did it today and I found out that any link in the search engine to plex forums doesn't work. It just points to the forums home page.

I decided to look into the sticky frequently asked questions and the answer was there.

Why don't old links work? They do if you take off the index.php. Vanilla forums is working on this.

Working on it? Is it so difficult to code such a simple 301 moved permanently redirect? In Apache would be a one liner mod_rewrite code and I suppose the same in any other web server software.

If you manage to solve that, it would be an usability enhanment in my opinion.