If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Music genres in Plex

carmstercarmster Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm new to Plex and find it extremely frustrating trying to read all blogs, etc., but I'm going to give this a try. I'm using Windows Media Server to rip my music CD's. I go into Plex, refresh and find the new CD's I've ripped. I check the tags and make sure the genres are listed as I want (example: Soundtracks). If it doesn't show up, I ADD Soundtrack and tag the CD. Refresh again. Go to my TV, pull up Plex to make sure the CD is there and...nothing. The CD shows up under Artist, Album, etc., but not under the created genre of Soundtracks. The CD I've ripped is not a specific one, so it shows up in Plex under "Various Artists". I tag it from there. It worked before, but not now. What am I doing wrong?

Tagged:

Answers

• rogerben82rogerben82 Posts: 1Members

Hi, had a similar problem, seems like it came from the usage of 3rd-party tags. Go to your media library (plex web), edit/advanced/uncheck "use last.fm tags".