If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Locating Plex plugin folder on seagate personal cloud?

VonkovaVonkova Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Hello,
I have successfully installed plex on my personal cloud, however, I cant seem to locate any of its installed files in the ftp or file system at all. Does anyone know how to access these files so I can locate the plugin folder?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• ziggimonziggimon AarhusPosts: 2,443Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Where did you place these files? Plex Should per default be able to see files on the system as long as you navigate to them in the file seletion box. Do you have any special permission options set on your shares via the Seagate GUI?

Get you Plex guides here: Naming Guide, NAS Guide, NTFS on Linux Guide, Linux Permissions Guide, Logs & Library Maintenance Help, Plex Help Page.

My Plex world:
    Primary PMS: NAS - 24 bay Inter-Tech 4324L, Xeon E3-1230v2, SuperMicro X9SCM-F, 800GB SSD, Enough Spinning Storage
    HTPC/EyeTV: Mid 2011 Mac Mini 4GB RAM 60GB Vertex SSD, 50" Kuro
    Clients: Hackintosh - i7 3770K, 27" CinemaDisplay, 15" rMBP, ATV4, Roku3, iPhone 6 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 3 16GB, riPad mini 32GB, Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, Asus Chromebox, RPI2, RPi3
  • biotopebiotope Posts: 2Members

Same question here.would like to find out where the plug in folder is located,

Installed plex using app manager in Seagate personal cloud.

• Drek7ngDrek7ng Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to know also love having plex on this nas just wish it was easier to access all the hidden files and folder

• s_falahatis_falahati Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well, unfortunately there is no SSH access in Seagate Personal Cloud devices, so I found the only way to modify files on system level to upload the files as an app package.

So this is what I tried (all happened under Linux):
    1. Downloading "Plex Media Server" app from plex.tv
    2. Renaming to tar and extracting it
    3. Extracting the "content.tar.gz" file
    4. Adding the plugins I wanted to the ".\opt\plexmediaserver\Resources\Plug-ins-23623fb" directory
    5. Using tar to archive and compress the "content" directory to "content.tar.gz"
    6. Using tar to archive the whole directory to "com.plex.plexmediaserver-0.9.16.0.1754-23623fb-armv7.tar"
    7. Renaming it to rwb and uploading to device

Unfortunately tho, for an unknown reason, device rejects the package. I tried a lot to make it similar and followed all directory structures in archiving and compressing. Still no luck.

Can developers point me in right direction here? I don't see any signing process nor I found any checksum at the start and the end of the tar file. So I am really out of ideas here. But I am sure you are familiar with the process of creating apps for NasOS as you release a special version for them from time to time.

Thanks

• wolfmanbasswolfmanbass Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex should add an 'Upload Channel' feature to the Web UI. That would solve this issue.

• tohlenrotttohlenrott Posts: 1Members

any update here? I cannot get to the plug in folder either

• SvenAndreasSvenAndreas Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Fast forward. 2018. Still no answer. Wow.

• MaestroJALMaestroJAL Posts: 222Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Main Server: 2009 Mac Pro - 8 Cores @ 2.93 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.13

Secondary Server: Seagate Personal Cloud

Clients: iOS, PlexWeb, & Roku