Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't sign in with main account

zoid-doesntworkzoid-doesntwork Members Posts: 2

Hi,
Since the new forum has arrived i can't Sign in anymore, neither with nickname, nor with email.
Password recovery doesn't send email with instructions.
I've tried to register with my old data, and they are busy.
I've mailed to plexpass mail and support also, no answer (support sent me auto-reply without any usefull info)
Old nickname - Zoid

Should i mail to some specific e-mail from my registration address?

Plexpass user

Thx in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• zoid-doesntworkzoid-doesntwork Members Posts: 2

That's helps, thanks alot!

• MadHocusMadHocus Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Hi guys I am having a similar problem. I have had plex for a while now and today I got an IP block so i reset my password and now I can't log on with my Amazon Tv or any other device, because the password isn't being recognised. I also have been blocked from logging in here, But found a work around going back to a history link. Please help.

• Chris CChris C Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 11,794 Plex Employee

@MadHocus said:
    Hi guys I am having a similar problem. I have had plex for a while now and today I got an IP block so i reset my password and now I can't log on with my Amazon Tv or any other device, because the password isn't being recognised. I also have been blocked from logging in here, But found a work around going back to a history link. Please help.

Temp IP blocks (which occur when our systems detect suspicious activity) will prevent access, but they'll expire on their own in a few hours. Resetting a password won't affect anything because the IP itself is blocked. Your account itself is not currently locked or flagged as requiring a password reset, so there aren't issues with the account. I've gone ahead and ensured the IP address associated with your last forum access has been unblocked, but if that's not actually the affected IP, then it'll expire on its own soon.

• MadHocusMadHocus Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Thanks Chris, Everything seems to be okay now. Many Many thanks.

• Lanstrom01Lanstrom01 Members Posts: 2 ✭✭

Any chance you could have a look at my main account as well please ? The user ID is Lanstrom

It originally said it was locked (despite me using the correct password). Now I try to request a password reset but I never get the email however when I tried to create a new account with that existing email address it says it in use so I am in a catch22 situation.

Thanks.

• Chris CChris C Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 11,794 Plex Employee

@Lanstrom01 said:
    Any chance you could have a look at my main account as well please ? The user ID is Lanstrom

Like Zoid originally, one of our previous emails to you bounced, this one with a "550-5.7.1 The message was rejected due to classification as Bulk mail." error. I've removed the address from our bounce list and issued a new password reset email, which is now acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server.

• Lanstrom01Lanstrom01 Members Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Chris C said:
    Like Zoid originally, one of our previous emails to you bounced, this one with a "550-5.7.1 The message was rejected due to classification as Bulk mail." error. I've removed the address from our bounce list and issued a new password reset email, which is now acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server.

Many thanks. Worked a treat :)

• temp_dpower7temp_dpower7 Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

@Chris C said:

Hello Chris, Appears I have fallen victim to same problem as Zoid and Lanstrom. Same as Zoid have tried logging in with nickname and email address and requested reset - didn't get email. My 'old' nickname is dpower7 Please can you 'fix'. Thanks

I have PlexPass Lifetime but don't recall there being a PlexPass support email address like Zoid mentions. Where would I find it? [I'm guessing you are going to tell me that once you've fixed my 'old' login which is linked to my PlexPass then I will be able to go to a PlexPass section on Plex site.....:-)]

@temp_dpower7 said:
    I have fallen victim to same problem as Zoid and Lanstrom. Same as Zoid have tried logging in with nickname and email address and requested reset - didn't get email. My 'old' nickname is dpower7

Like the others, your address bounced our emails. This time with a "550 5.7.1 t625HFkY027621 This message does not comply with required standards" error. I've removed the address from our bounce list, but you'll need to resolve the error on your/the mail server's side before requesting another password reset email.

@Chris C said:
    Like the others, your address bounced our emails. This time with a "550 5.7.1 t625HFkY027621 This message does not comply with required standards" error. I've removed the address from our bounce list, but you'll need to resolve the error on your/the mail server's side before requesting another password reset email.

Thanks Chris - I discovered that my domain hoster (for literally decades) had changed their default spam settings which is why emails from Plex weren't getting through. So have managed to reset my password. However, I don't see where there is a Plex Pass members section on the site where I could find info like the Plex Pass subscription support email address zoid mentioned. Thanks

• beckfieldbeckfield Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,343 Plex Pass
    edited September 2015

@temp_dpower7 said:
    I don't see where there is a Plex Pass members section on the site where I could find info like the Plex Pass subscription support email address zoid mentioned.

At the bottom of this page, under "Connect with Us," click on "Contact."

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 21,066 Plex Ninja

@temp_dpower7 said:
    So have managed to reset my password. However, I don't see where there is a Plex Pass members section on the site where I could find info like the Plex Pass subscription support email address zoid mentioned. Thanks

Maybe you have reset the password of your main account. But you are still using your temporary account to post in these forums.
    Log out of plex.tv and log in with your main account credentials.

@OttoKerner said:
    Log out of plex.tv and log in with your main account credentials.

Got it. Thanks!

• can't sign incan't sign in Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm having similar problems signing in as those above. My username is Bartanda. I've created this temporary login to post this message. I tried to reset the password for Bartanda but no email ever arrives. If I try to create the account as new it reports the username and also my email (containing orcon) are already in use. How can this be fixed?
    Cheers
    Dave

@can't sign in

The "Bartanda" account is flagged as requiring a password reset, which is why you can't sign in right now. Our email processor shows 4 password reset requests sent to its registered address, all of which are acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server. I recommend you start by checking your trash/spam/promotions/junk/etc. type folders. You can also add noreply@plex.tv to your allowed senders/whitelist to make sure those emails make it through.

@Chris C said:
    can't sign in

The "Bartanda" account is flagged as requiring a password reset, which is why you can't sign in right now. Our email processor shows 4 password reset requests sent to its registered address, all of which are acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server. I recommend you start by checking your trash/spam/promotions/junk/etc. type folders. You can also add noreply@plex.tv to your allowed senders/whitelist to make sure those emails make it through.

Ok I've gone into the webmail portal of my ISP and disabled spam filtering completely. Then I clicked "reset password" at plex.tv (twice at least). Instead of using my normal email client I checked for new messages in the ISPs web mail portal but still no new message arrives nor is it forwarded into any other folder including trash. This is very strange as I've never had an email go missing like this before. Are you sure it has been sent and to dave.b at the domain orcon.net.nz? And is the sender address "noreply@plex.tv"? If yes to both questions then I will have to contact the ISP to investigate .
    Cheers
    Dave

Are you sure it has been sent and to dave.b at the domain orcon.net.nz? And is the sender address "noreply@plex.tv"?

Yes, both of those are correct. Looking at our email processor, I now see a total of 8 reset emails sent and all acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server. (The most recent one specifically had a "250 2.0.0 t8T6LMFc003760 Message accepted for delivery" reason and was delivered Sep 29, 2015 6:21:24 AM GMT.)

@Chris C said:
    Yes, both of those are correct. Looking at our email processor, I now see a total of 8 reset emails sent and all acknowledged as "Delivered" by your mail server. (The most recent one specifically had a "250 2.0.0 t8T6LMFc003760 Message accepted for delivery" reason and was delivered Sep 29, 2015 6:21:24 AM GMT.)

Well my ISP has sorted the problem and am now able to receive the password reset messages. I asked them what the problem was and they said it was the Mail Guard spam filter and reset it. I had already disabled it without effect so I won't be bothering with it in the future.

You can now delete this account "can't sign in" since I can now sign in as Bartanda again.

Thanks for your help.
    Dave

@can't sign in said:
    You can now delete this account "can't sign in" since I can now sign in as Bartanda again.

You can delete the account under the "Danger Zone" area at the bottom of the account profile (https://plex.tv/users/edit) when signed in with that account. Obviously, be sure you're signed in with the correct account when you do it. :)