Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Who has seen Mr Robot?

slice-o-hetzelslice-o-hetzel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Holy crap this show is awesome! Just watched the first 3 episodes last night and I'm hooked.

My Plex server: VM on Hyper-V | 6 vCPUs | 8GB RAM | 22TB Stablebit Drive Pool | Server 2012 R2

Tagged:

Comments

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass

Haven't seen it, but looks intriguing, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for mentioning it.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • tylordurtontylordurton Members, Plex Pass Posts: 465 Plex Pass

Next on my list to watch - looks great :-)

• marctwomarctwo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 178 Plex Pass

I watched the first episode and it's really good.

• BroadcastJunkieBroadcastJunkie Members, Plex Pass Posts: 60 Plex Pass

Like the only show I have ever seem that uses real hacking tools and not some nonsense OS that has a million windows that do things all on there own with them clicking the mouse once haha

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,312 Plex Ninja

It's definitely a good show, and it shows that they actually listen to their technical advisers as well. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex for Windows Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 657 Plex Employee

I love it. It definitely has a feel of hacking, although I still cringe sometimes. Being a SysAdmin/developer/etc. I'm sensitive to tech stupid, but this show does a good job.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

Haha, agreed. Better than that scorpion show. I thought it would be good, after the first episode, I couldn't continue. Still on the air, so I guess it worked for the end user... and that's always the target.

• slice-o-hetzelslice-o-hetzel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

@BroadcastJunkie said:
    Haha, agreed. Better than that scorpion show. I thought it would be good, after the first episode, I couldn't continue. Still on the air, so I guess it worked for the end user... and that's always the target.

I only made it through episode 1 of scorpion as well.

My Plex server: VM on Hyper-V | 6 vCPUs | 8GB RAM | 22TB Stablebit Drive Pool | Server 2012 R2

• kinvorekinvore Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

It's probably became my favorite show running right now, so creative and intense, not to mention surreal. I love it when he talks to the viewer (something I often dislike because it strikes me as lazy writing), they don't overdo it so when it happens it's fun.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,591 Plex Pass

@vanstinator said:
    I love it. It definitely has a feel of hacking, although I still cringe sometimes. Being a SysAdmin/developer/etc. I'm sensitive to tech stupid, but this show does a good job.

Yeah it's a lot less tech stupid than most similar shows, but there's still cringe moments occasionally. Doesn't take away the fact that it's a great show that's kept me hooked since the beginning though.

• In0cenTIn0cenT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

Just watched episode 9 yesterday night, well we were quite shoked.

SPOILER

I guessed that Mr. Robot would be his father, but that he never existed?!

• s1mplemans1mpleman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 468 Plex Pass

@In0cenT said:
    Just watched episode 9 yesterday night, well we were quite shoked.

SPOILER

I guessed that Mr. Robot would be his father, but that he never existed?!

Ha yeah, how did he just forget -_-

So I think the finale will air tonight! Who's ready!

Also someone told me of a show called Black Mirror when we were talking about Mr Robot, and they said that I would like it. I did, oh how I did. If you get a chance, watch it. They only have like 6 episodes for 2 seasons and a 3rd, Christmas special? Haven't watched that yet, but the 6 episodes were pretty intense.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes mr robot. It's technology oriented and puts chills down your spine.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,591 Plex Pass

Black Mirror is brilliant, and similar in the use of technology. Charlie Brooker can't do much wrong for me. And i'm really looking forward to the final episode tonight.

• s1mplemans1mpleman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 468 Plex Pass

@BroadcastJunkie said:
    So I think the finale will air tonight! Who's ready!

Also someone told me of a show called Black Mirror when we were talking about Mr Robot, and they said that I would like it. I did, oh how I did. If you get a chance, watch it. They only have like 6 episodes for 2 seasons and a 3rd, Christmas special? Haven't watched that yet, but the 6 episodes were pretty intense.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes mr robot. It's technology oriented and puts chills down your spine.

3rded... Black Mirror is awesome! Charlie Brooker certainly did well with those.

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

Thanks, I'll check it out when I have time!

edited April 8

I've just seen the first two episodes... it's perfectly executed (I was surprised David Fincher wasn't involved judging by the look), but it's a little dark for my taste.

• xieemxieem Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

It's full of twists and plot changes, really good show. Excited for season 02

 Mac mini 2,8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (256gb)  Epson TW-6600  Yamaha YHT-4920  Ubuntu Plex Media Server (CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K, PM score: 11001)  NAS: Synology DS415+ 8TB 8GB Ram & DS2415+ 38TB 6GB Ram  PS4 1Tb  Apple TV 4th Gen

edited April 8

@xieem I agree, the twists and plot changes keep the show very exciting.