Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to change the profile picture of my account..?

wneubauerwneubauer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

Hi!
I want to change the standard profile picture in my plex account (https://plex.tv/users/edit). This picture appears also in my server and smart tv. Sadly I couldn't find any way to do this...
Can anyone help me??
Thanks!

Best Answer

• AndyASAndyAS Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Here is what I did
    1. go to https://en.gravatar.com/
    2. Click On Sign In in top Right
    3. On the next page click on create an account
    4. follow the instructions
    5. log in to gravatar and upload your picture
    6. log out of plex ect.
    7. Log back in to plex and refresh and there if your wonderful pic as an avatar

Answers

• AndyASAndyAS Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Here is what I did
    6. log out of plex ect.

• wneubauerwneubauer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

Hi!
    Thanks for the quick reply!!
    Also worked for me. I have to say, that I had nothing to do with gravatar before and didn't know what this service is good for :-)

• BarryLeeWardBarryLeeWard Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Is there a way to add profile pictures for other users on the same account too?

• KissellKissell Members, Plex Pass Posts: 28 Plex Pass

How can I add a profile picture to a "Managed User" ? This is a user created on the server, the user doesn't have it's own separate plex account.

• beckfieldbeckfield Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,691 Plex Pass

What about using gravatars with users that aren't the master user? For instance, my friend has a plex account, he has a gravatar and when he logs in to his system he sees his gravatar picture. I added him to my system with "Add an Existing Plex User" and then shared some libraries with him. However, his gravatar picture doesn't work on my system. I'm using PMS linux latest version and have restarted the server, but still no gravatar for that external user... my master account however does show my gravatar.

Plex's use of Gravatars is limited. I've seen the same thing you have. The user can see his own Gravatar, but not everywhere it should be. The admin can't see the users' Gravatars anywhere, as far as I can tell. There was another discussion about this a few weeks ago. I think (hope) it's being treated as a feature request. I suggest voting for it by clicking 'Like' on the first message in that thread.

• 9rax99rax9 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭

@AndrewA said:
    Here is what I did
    6. log out of plex ect.

Why would Wordpress have to do with Plex??? It's a totally opposite website.....

~Running into error's on every channel listed~

Yeah, but that only works on your users which are created at plex's website and have a plex pass... I have created additional "managed users" which are just users piggybacking on my main system so that say your kids could have their own login with their own content restrictions and their own On Deck and watch history... but unfortunately these "managed users" which are like sub-account users, can't use Gravatar photos with plex. Which is really unfortunate, it'd be great if every user could have their avatar picture when turning on the TV, cause some kids are too young to read.

• SharedPlex.tvSharedPlex.tv Members, Plex Pass Posts: 77 Plex Pass

Damn, I was just looking into the same! I created an account for my baby girl that use PLEX for watching her kids movies. Would be nice if she can see her picture :)

• crism60crism60 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I was looking for the same thing! It'd be great to see that feature soon :)

I ended up removing all my subaccounts and getting a channel plugin called Lock for Plex which lets me lock some libraries and temporarily unlock them when I want (auto-locks after preset timer). Solved my issue of needing subaccounts, therefore solved the issue of needing avatars, although it doesn't separate what I've watched from others in the home if we wanted to keep separate watched statuses, which isn't really a problem for me.

• adharbertadharbert Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

The part with "Follow Instructions" doesn't help. I have a gravatar setup from a long time ago. How do I get it to work with Plex? I added the plex.tv website, but still nothing.

@adharbert said:
    The part with "Follow Instructions" doesn't help. I have a gravatar setup from a long time ago. How do I get it to work with Plex? I added the plex.tv website, but still nothing.

Do your Gravatar and plex.tv accounts use the same email address? I think that's needed.

• XNETGeekXNETGeek Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

@adharbert said:

Actually, yes the email address has to be the same, but, I would assume you already knew that. since you asked about having a gravatar from before..

I had this same issue.. the image you see now is my new one, but on the users page it had an old photo I hated.. to solve this.. since plex seemed to cache it when I logged in.. go to your user account in the top right corner and just save the new image again. that seemed to update mine.

• krystyan84krystyan84 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Hi.How to delete account photo in Plex Web App? The only options are to choose photo and to save changes.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 23,600 Plex Ninja

@krystyan84 said:
    Hi.How to delete account photo in Plex Web App? The only options are to choose photo and to save changes.

Currently, there is no way to delete the photo.
    As a workaround, upload a photo that is solidly black or something.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • krystyan84krystyan84 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

@OttoKerner said:

@krystyan84 said:

Currently, there is no way to delete the photo.
    As a workaround, upload a photo that is solidly black or something.

Thx. I changed temporary into transparent profile picture.

• breiningerbreininger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Please add the feature to add a picture to managed users. Would look better to see pictures of users instead of a big letter.

Thanks and absolutely love Plex! Best thing since sliced bread.

BARsSS

• Adila&RichardAdila&Richard Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Yes Please add the feature to add a Profile Picture for the Managed Users LOve Plex to bitsss