If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shared Channels in latest update?

random.serverrandom.server Posts: 929Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Added an "Allow Channels" restriction for shared users. Requires Plex Media Server 0.9.12.5.

I just saw the above, are shared channels a thing now?

Best Answer

Answers

• beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 3,838Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Posts: 2,560Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

This is pretty awesome.

• miniopminiop Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Where is the option because i couldnt find it

• drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Posts: 2,560Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@miniop said:
    Where is the option because i couldnt find it

When you edit a user it's under the Restrictions tab.

• miniopminiop Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thanks found it

• BP85BP85 Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't get shared channels on my NowTV or iPhone but can on PHT and iPad. Anybody else have this issue?

• joeontapjoeontap Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is somebody going toexplain how to do this please ?
    i have a mac set up as PMS so what we are talking about is sharing my IPTV channel with a freind who is not a " client " ? or am i totally wrong here as usual with all things plex nobody explains anything. so for someone to share my iptv playlist they have to have an ipad or pc ??

• aswilbournaswilbourn Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Been Really Hit and miss for me this feature. Can't get it to work on Ipads or i phones at all. Got it working on my Bros hacked NowTV (roku) straight away so thought it was gonna be straight forward. However it has since disappeared and have tried unsuccessfully to get it to work on two further NowTv boxes. Results range from Channels not showing at all (not even the channels section where channels are shown) to is coming up for a split second, to it working hours on end...me thinks there may be some teething issues with this. If I log in with my own Administrative account on all these devices including iphones, ipads and nowrv boxes the channels work flawless so definitely related to this new share feature rather than the actual channels themselves.

• ndfmedia1ndfmedia1 Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

I use TVheadend.ng plugin for streaming with tvheadend as a back-end and plex as a front-end.
    I have problem only with managed users in android app. there is no problem with admin user or with ios app for both users type.

• ndfmedia1ndfmedia1 Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

I also have other problem with channels link for managed users. it goes from list and come again after seconds frequently. I use rasplex as a player. there isn't any problem with admin user and this problem happen when i login with managed user account.
    anyone has an idea?

• bhom920bhom920 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi I just updated to 0.9.12.13 and just tried to edit a friend's permissions and i still do not have the ability to allow channels. Any idea?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 30,241Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@bhom920 said:
    Hi I just updated to 0.9.12.13 and just tried to edit a friend's permissions and i still do not have the ability to allow channels. Any idea?

do you still remember which version you had before?

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

yes 0.9.12.4

alright. Then go into your plex data folder into the Plug-ins subfolder.
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-I-find-the-Plug-Ins-folder-
    make a screenshot of all the folders named xxxxxx.bundle in there

i did notice after i upgraded this folder went from having numerous plugins, to just a few

hm, that looks normal so far.
    Although, you should erase the WebManager.bundleand the SiteConfigurations.bundle
    They're leftovers from an earlier Plex version.
    For safety you should end Plex beforehand, then erase and then restart Plex.

Make sure you are logged into Plex Web with the same plex.tv account which the server uses.
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200878643-Sign-in-to-Your-Plex-Account

try to use both the local and the hosted version of Plex Web and see whether they show different options
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200288666-Opening-Plex-Web-App

thanks. i will try that. i am currently making a backup of the entire %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\ directory. I will try what you recommended, but if that doesn't work i will try a fresh install of the latest media server and just plop these files back in place.

I just did a fresh install without copying over my old database files and just added my HDHR plugin. I went ahead and tried adding a user and it shows no shares. I did not add any libraries for movies or tv shows, only channels.