If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can you Cast Music/Audio to Wireless Speakers?

Monstar316Monstar316 Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If it is possible, can anyone suggest wireless speakers to use?

Best Answer

• SchmillSchmill Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have speakers that are AirPlay enabled, but I still can't cast music to them...

I'm not sure why this is - I have my PMS running on my NAS, Plex client on my Android phone to browse, select, and cast from.
    I can cast to a ChromeCast connected to my TV, but not to my AirPlay / DLNA enabled speakers :(

• markyplexmarkyplex Posts: 1Members

I was hoping to do the same thing but I have the same problem - my wireless Airplay/DLNA speaker isn't recognised by Plex. Did you ever solve the issue?

• Malcolm ClarkMalcolm Clark Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I downloaded an app called AirAudio and can now cast to an Airplay compatible speaker. It's not perfect, but does work.

• wireless.speakerswireless.speakers Posts: 9Members ✭✭

For car audio JBL I prefer JBL its design and has the best quality speakers

• umiq88umiq88 Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use chromecast audio with Plex and find it great.