If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a way to repeat a playlist?

mdnitoilmdnitoil Posts: 394Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I sometimes like to have an music playlist repeat when it's finished. I saw the looping icon by the controls and assumed that was what I wanted, however it's per song and not for the playlist as a whole. I mean every song in the list will repeat, but individually which was not exactly what I was shooting for.

To be clear, I would like every song on the list to play once and then cycle through the list again. I can't seem to get this to work.

Best Answer

Answers

• mdnitoilmdnitoil Posts: 394Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's brilliant! Tried it and it worked perfectly.

edited August 2015

It's possible I spoke too soon. Just ran an 82 song playlist last night. It made it's way through the initial run just fine but then on the second pass, songs were playing off the list at random. I double checked and did not somehow accidentally set the shuffle button. Is this a known issue with long playlists?

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There is no known issue there. The list should wrap accordingly, you should see this if you look at the queue when you are towards the end. It will show tracks, ... 80, 81, 82, 1, 2, 3 etc. Is this not the case?

@mdnitoil said:
    It's possible I spoke too soon. Just ran an 82 song playlist last night. It made it's way through the initial run just fine but then on the second pass, songs were playing off the list at random. I double checked and did not somehow accidentally set the shuffle button. Is this a known issue with long playlists?

Rebooted the server and things started behaving better. Not sure what was going on there.

• marco_opitergiummarco_opitergium Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Hi guy, I do not see a way to repeat an audio track / playlist in Plex 1.5.3.3580 for Linux (Synology DSM).
    The Repeat functionality does not work in the desktop client, no matter how many songs in the playlist.
    I also purchased the Android app, this seem not having the toggle repeat button at all (Android app v6.3.41485).
    Am I missing something?

• wellnownjwellnownj Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It seems Android and web app have no repeat button?